New Li Ning Clothing

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by HaoFung, May 18, 2009.

1. Gemcat

Gemcat Regular Member

Airport Employee
    Good! I want to know how good is my "home country's" sporting products are.

2. OZCHINMAN

OZCHINMAN New Member

Architect
    Its also my "home country":D
    The price is slightly higher than Yonex's, people back home call it a sucessful marketing tecnique. Because its a human nature to belive that the more expensive the better.:p

3. roy b

roy b Regular Member

...and they HAVE TO change them between sets........

er, on second thoughts, let's not get too carried away........:D

4. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    You can have a taste of Li Ning shirts used for badminton in some of the expensive T-shirts made from mercerized combed cotton. They cost more than US$100 each but it is worth it because they last at least 10 years or more. Brands such as Balenciaga and the high-end Crocodile label sell for US$100 to US$120. They are very cool, extremely comfortable and although they get wet from perspiration they do not drip because evaporation is very quick. I have been using these T-shirts for more than 15 years and they still look as good as new.
    In comparison, I have not come across a single sports T-shirt from Yonex or other brands that feel as comfortable and cool.

5. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    All tshirts depends on the design being ask by Lining. Anyone can produce it. I got a friend who owns a company producing Under Armor tshirts in singapore. A very tough tshirt for sure. Build for the armies. ;) For US and Europe market only though. You have to order it thro internet. ;)

So the saying is don't go for the hype which causes such recession. Paying just for the brands and giving a big fat cheque to the bosses. ;)

6. OZCHINMAN

OZCHINMAN New Member

Architect
    Its me again.
    I just got back from the court. Oh man, the clothe is now my favourite. Not to mention the lightweight but also the sweat got absorbed so fast, and no drops on the floor. I am impressed!

7. darkwingduck

darkwingduck Regular Member

Nothing
    dd you get the drenched look after the game?

8. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

this sounds quite promising. if only the price were a little less. or they actually sold it in america.:eek:

9. OZCHINMAN

OZCHINMAN New Member

Architect
    I know, its quite pricy for a sports tee shirt :(

10. jerby

jerby Regular Member

This is a bit absurd wouldn't you say?

A new brand gets out on the market, and the shirts they make cling to your body...That's all we know, but somehow, everybody is running amok just because team China is wearing it, "so it must be the best!"

They're shirts people, just that, if it's wet, you take it off and put on a fresh one, if it's drenched and you are okay with it? Just keep it on, whatever suits you.
    But please, 'new clothing technology'? At least try to look like you're not getting sucked into to the new marketing hype ;)

#30 jerby, Jun 1, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
  11. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Are you sure you really sweat? hehe. Its getting cold in Brisbane mate. ;) Try playing in summer. haha. ;)

12. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

There are definitely technologies in clothes that helps.

Back in my cycling days, I will only use pro-sensor jerseys. These jerseys are pretty expensive at ~S$100 apiece. Surely cotton would work too (its only a shirt) but if you imagine that we average 100+km/ride and easily are out for an entire 8-9 hours in hot/humid weather, jerseys that keeps the skin dry are critical to prevent chafing.

Badminton is different. I have the flexibility to change as many shirts as I need (always easier for guys). The best balance for me now is to have up to 3 simple/cheap (S$5-10) polyester Tees and dry them with a microfiber towel/squeeze the sweat off them. I will need too many cotton shirts for the same and, having tried stuff from Adidas, fail see how a Tee that costs 10x more will help.

13. OZCHINMAN

OZCHINMAN New Member

Architect
    I am visiting China atm and its summer here.:D

14. jerby

jerby Regular Member

I'm not advocating wearing cotton shirts, I wear polyester shirts 95% of the time. But when you have poly-shirt A and polyshirt B, there really aren't any groundbreaking differences....That was my point:eek:

15. HaoFung

HaoFung Regular Member

The new Li-Ning shirts are not mostly composed of polyester. That where the difference lies.

16. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    The best T shirts are all high quality cotton. Weave, ply, and most important of all the number of threads per square inch are the most important qualities in shirts. If you feel and touch the shirt with your hand and it feels silky smooth and cool and you can see all the fine threads instead of fluffy fiber then it is a very high quality shirt that will cost at least US$100. If it feels warm and fluffy then it is a lower end shirt that will not last 100 washings before it gets thinner. Ver high threads count shirts will last a lifetime in shape and colour.
    However, such qualitty shirts are not suitable for use in winter when temperatures are below 15 degrees C, unless the hall is heated. This is becuase the shirt's fast evaporation rate characteristic has too strong a cooling effect and you will feel really cold.

17. eddielee70

eddielee70 Regular Member

I bought these champion double dry shirt that was lightest ( not see through) I felt before. They were made of 95% nylon and 5% spandex. I have try all kinds of 100% poly, mixed poly/cotten and 100% cotten, but 60% poly 40% coolmax was the best so far until this 95% nylon 5% spandex. This double dry was totally different. light weight even when very wet, stick to your body, but you don't feel sticky or hinder your movement. I usually switch shirts, but I wear this double dry for the whole 3 hours. way diffferent from 100% poly and coolmax 60/40 shirts. I won't be surprise to see LN shirts lightweight and comfortable even though they look wet.

18. eddielee70

eddielee70 Regular Member

19. meowcsj

meowcsj Regular Member

I will try out mine Li Ning clothing this Saturday and post a review.

[​IMG]

20. halvepizza93

halvepizza93 Regular Member

begging
    hi, does anybody know if the black shirts of team china are for sale (yet) anywhere??

thanks...

[​IMG]