Arcsaber 10 or Armortec 900 Technique

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Abhorsen, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Moggy

Moggy Regular Member

I played with both racquets today (my new racquets :D) and for good measures i'll compare against MP100 2U and 3U. My AT900T and Arc10 are both 3UG4 and in terms of swing speed they're both similiar however the deacceleration part obviously distinguishes the head heaviness of the AT900T. In terms of control they were very similar, but the AT900T was by far the easiest to clear beyond baseline of the 4 racquets.

The Arc10 has a softer frame, and i could atually feel it bending a little, i play squash with a Flexipoint130 racquet which has a similar feel. I think only intermediate+ players would feel the bending or be affected both positively or negatively depending on your playing style. In terms of smashing power the Arc10 is a bit better than AT900T, although the 3U MP100 is more power, and the 2U felt much more powerful than the others... Although this was the first day i've played with my new racquets, and i've always used my 2U MP100 so maybe i'm not used to them yet.

2. Silver Bullet

Silver Bullet Regular Member

Realtor
    I actually just got both last week. I think the ARC 10 is just a little better than the ARM 900T in terms of all around play. I can defend slightly better and swing faster on smashes and clears. The ARM 900T, being slightly head heavier than the ARC 10, gives a little boost in smash and clears for those that need it.
    BTW, I also tried a fake ARC 10 that is CH coded and it vibrates more than the real one.

3. Destricto_Ense

Destricto_Ense Regular Member

Student
    With that kind of a budget you should buy a Mizuno Tetracross 700. It's the most expensive racquet that I know of and according to Twobeer it's the best ;P

4. muslepower

muslepower Regular Member

i have mp100 and acr saber 10, acr saber 10 best for for all skill and defend and very stable for return it the shutter but for smash mp100 more powerfull.

5. Wilson Shuttler

Wilson Shuttler Regular Member

n/a
    900t better for you

6. Wilson Shuttler

n/a
    wowowowowowoaahhhh, hold up, arc 10 better at smashing?????

7. Openg

Openg Regular Member

Engineer
    I think ARC10 isnt vibrating like you said,actually, AT 900T is better for control, backhand clear, dropshot and netting, Its a very good all around racquet and very easy to handle ( i really love it). But for smash power ARC10 has a better power and repulsion, thats what i feel in my arms, hehehehe...:D

Agree...:D
    yesss..
    Arc10 better at smashing than AT900T..:D

8. Wilson Shuttler

n/a
    depends really on your skill. if you can handle the weight of the AT900T then go for it, but if you arent sure, arc10 is very well rounded

9. mokmatthew

mokmatthew Regular Member

If u like smashing, just stay away from AT900T and grab a ARC 10..
    I owe these 2 rackets with ARC 10 strung at 24x26 and AT900T at 24x26lbs both with 70pro and I find that AT900T is quite weak in smashing. You can't really inject the pace of movement from 900Tech but ARC 10 can!!

Net play is also better for ARC 10 since it is less head heavy and so control will be better than 900T and I think that's why Taufik also changes his racket from AT900T to ARC 10:D