Yonex Top-end rackets origin BIG SECRET!!

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by mokmatthew, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

I don't think it matters at all. Quality control and product quality are the most important factors which matter when we buy the racquet from Yonex. It also just shows that the Chinese have a good quality manufacturing practice, seeing how good the "Made in Japan" racquets are.

2. colekwok

colekwok Regular Member

Fixing people
    Umm....... apparently so many people still believe that their AT700/900 Arc7/10 etc etc are made in China. Pity. :crying:

This shows that rumours on the internet are so powerful.

3. Tsumaranai

Tsumaranai Regular Member

Student
    Just as people have already stated, it makes absolutely no difference where a product is made. I really do not enjoy this whole discussion. It seems there's some bigoted idea that Chinese manufacturing is cheap, therefore ineffective and tolerant to defective and unsafe products. This is definitely not the case at all. Do we really need to reference Mr. CNN? Whatever the company wishes to pay on the materials and labor is what ultimately determines the quality of the product before inspection. If companies are willing to pay more for better materials, then the overall build quality will be better. The factories merely assemble commodities to the specifications provided by companies. I'm sure some facilities are converted over time to manufacture different products. The workers that continue to work at the factories have manufacturing experience, so I'm sure it doesn't matter what they're paid to produce. There is no question of their skill at this point, as almost all industrialized nations outsource to China, which further increases their manufacturing expertise. I see no rational sense in deprecatory and denigrating remarks being made by ANYONE on the ability of the Chinese laborers. People should rather appreciate the stress and conditions they face, while receiving little compensation. Worry more about the workers than the product.

I'm tired of this type of talk that merely serves to IMPLY the inadequacies presumed to reside with Chinese production. Anyone up for closing this thread?

4. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    did taneepak had a hand in writing that article?;)

5. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

1) It is matter of principle and honesty. YY may be evil sometime. But it does not need to claim any thing base on lie or pride. The lower end of tennis racquet is made in china and it is showned. The mid range of badminton racquet is made in Taiwan, it is stated. There are some bad chinese people make false claim to boost their fake items. What for? so they can cheat on their countrymen? To show how naive chinese are? That is just sad.
    2) To Master of the Coolness, no is the answer. That person might have too much pride, but he is not stupid to believe that crap...

6. foo.tw

foo.tw Regular Member

Chinese products are not bad for the material.
    It's about the ethics and attitude. (I think this topic explains)
    Unless I can confirm the quality, I would never buy products made in China whenever quality is concerned. Also, those factories in China are not environmental and socially friendly. That's another concern of my purchasing decision.

7. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Actually, it is easy to inspect any racquet and put it through some simple tests to determine if they are really good. With this you can go around China and find some real gems at give-away prices. I have been asked to evaluate the quality of racquets and I am frankly surprised to find some really sloppy high end racquets. I used to get dirty looks when friends asked me to test and evaluate their racquets and I told some of them theirs were no better than fakes (they swear they bought the real warranteed racquets). I am not talking about quality finish or stiffness or flexibilty or balance point. I am talking about face stability, dynamic frame/shaft profile, and the stiffness (Youngs modulus) of the materials that go to make the frame and shaft-properties that make shot-making crisp, effortless, and very fast.

8. RSLdude

RSLdude Regular Member

Manager
    so far, yonex (japan) racket models have superior performance than yonex (taiwan) racket models. you may have tried other models and brands, but eventually you'll return for a yonex (japan) model.

9. xyruz15

xyruz15 New Member

God made the world and the rest is Made in China. :D:D:D

10. AurorAX

AurorAX Regular Member

Biotech Sales / Marketing
    bs.

15 characters.

11. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Why so? The high end Yonex are made in Japan. The mid ranges are made in Taiwan. So what RSLDude posted is correct that Yonex racquet that made in Japan is supposedly better than the one made in Taiwan.

12. Neil Nicholls

Neil Nicholls Regular Member

Don't you think JP is better than TW then? ;)

13. AurorAX

AurorAX Regular Member

Biotech Sales / Marketing
    He is not talking about high range models vs mid range models.

He is talking about EXACT SAME rackets having different country codes for DISTRIBUTION.

14. Tsumaranai

Tsumaranai Regular Member

Student
    Uh.., no he isn't... He is indeed talking about high-end vs. mid-range. I personally don't think that Taiwan's manufacturing produces any less quality than what would be found in Japan, given similar circumstances of specifications. Again, it is ultimately the company that purchases the materials and outlines the construction of the product. We also do not know what "Made in Japan" entails, whether the rackets are manufactured outside and then qc'd in Japan, or truly manufactured IN Japan.