racket etiquette

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Capnx, Jul 3, 2009.

1. bradmyster

bradmyster Regular Member

Customer server network Support
    i would only lend my racket to certain people i know are at a level of badminton, where there aren't too many mistakes made. So normally my State training team-mates or regular training partners etc.

And ofcourse if they brake it they always pay up lol

2. fitnessguy

fitnessguy Regular Member

Student
    I always have at least four different rackets in my bag: my first choice double racket, first choice single racket, second choice (same racket in doubles and singles) and then some cheaper rackets that i lend to my friends. often i have my former racket too (yonex ti 9000) to lend to the players/friends who can feel the difference in rackets - most of my friends are not used to play badminton and therefore they can't really bennefit from using an ekspensive racket :D

3. ah_lee_ba_ba

ah_lee_ba_ba Regular Member

Freelance
    Just my own personal view. You can make judgment of your friends skill. If he's good, lent him a racket; if he's not, get him a squash or tennis racket. LOL. In conclusion, etiquette should be applied to both parties. The lender, should know what's the condition of the racket was, he should be ready to expect the worst of either the racket or string broken. So are the borrower, though not his property which under his care should be well treated, even in any case of accident or damages caused, he should bear the cost for replacement.
    P/S I am not a lawyer, just giving some clear cut line lol. Hope this helps.

4. 16FeathRPassioN

16FeathRPassioN Regular Member

Student
    ur racquet is like ur weapon, n i don't think a Marine would like to lend his weapon to anyone, 2ndly racquets aren't so cheap(only when u've paid through ur nose) its out of question to lend it to anyone, however exceptions could be included.
    IMHO i don't /won't lend my racquet to anyone at all.

5. warlock110

warlock110 Regular Member

I expect the borrower to pay for any damages, I'm nice enough to let them borrow so don't step over the line. personally i think that even if they don't pay for damages, it's still cheap to know what type of person they are. I've had so call "friends" stole hundreds of dollar from me, I still call it cheap because IMO better now that it's only hundred of dollars then later on in life where it can be a car a house or more.

But when it's double (when racket breaking is common), then no one pays, it's just bad luck. If the partner is nice he can offer to pay for 1/2 of it, or maybe all of it, but it's not expected, a clash of racket can easily break his or yours. no one's fault.

#25 warlock110, Aug 15, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
  6. daiqi

daiqi Regular Member

of course you need to pay for it

7. bad_fanatic

bad_fanatic Regular Member

Day dream about being a Pro Badminton Player
    Personally when I barrow a racket, I try not to play that hard with it. That's because I don't want to accidentally break it.

However accidents does happened and if I break the string, then I'll pay for the restringing fee. Breaking the racket sucks. However if I do break it, I would work something out with the owner. After all, if someone lets you barrow their racket, that mean that you must some what be friends. Shouldn't let some thing like that ruin a friendship.

8. dorysan

dorysan Regular Member

i have 3 fake yonex (wich dont worth any bad filings or fight 3 in less then 50USD)
    i give the rackets only for worm up (the high quality one)
    or "just to try"
    not for games

9. markham player

markham player Regular Member

medical
    I always have a cheap racquet ready in my gym bag.

10. zuihoujueding

zuihoujueding Regular Member

I'll just lend him my old racket and warn him in a nice manner that he have to pay for the racket if he breaks it. As for strings, its ok, cos i make sure it is not my favourite string and its not a new string.
    Somemore i have stringing machine at home, so its ok.

11. Simeon

Simeon Regular Member

Carpenter,Joiner
    If I lent my car to a friend for one day I would not make him to buy new tyres in any case.

12. madbad

madbad Regular Member

But that's the equivalent of changing a grip on a racket, so it's not really relevant, and not a big deal

13. maxp74

maxp74 Regular Member

Architect
    Here's a tips!

Allways keep an old cab 8 (or similar) in your bag, strung with bg70. It's good enough for anyone and won't break if you don't do serious abuse.

Thats your lend out racket!

14. Simeon

Simeon Regular Member

Carpenter,Joiner
    New tyres to my old car is the equivalent of stringing my racket. Big deal to me.:rolleyes:

15. jamesshieh88

jamesshieh88 Regular Member

Student
    i would only end out my rackets that i know i could get a replacement warranty for if anything happens. any of my rackets that are not coded US i reserve for myself or someone i know that would replace it if anything breaks. as of now i have a AT900P and a Cab30MS to lend out. Cab30MS would be first to lend out since it isn't as expensive as the AT900P