Need a replacement for an ArcSaber 9. ArcStriker 9?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by joker8baller, Aug 29, 2009.

1. joker8baller

joker8baller Regular Member

I... broke my ArcSaber 9 in a warmup, and can't really afford to buy a new one, since I literally just got it. So I need a new racket that's light, and not head heavy, since I already have a MP100...

I really fell in love with the ArcSaber 9's feel, so ideally I want a racket similiar to that.

I emailed the place where I bought the ArcSaber (myBadminton store), and they recommended an ArcStriker 9 ( http://www.mybadmintonstore.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=745 ) and a Hi-Qua NanoAce 9900 http://www.mybadmintonstore.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=769,)

I was just wondering what people thought would be better, or if there was another better racket.

Thanks!~

2. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

1) Sorry to hear your lost.
    2) How long ago did you buy it? How did you break it? You might be able to claim warranty on it through MBS.
    3) Do not get HiQua racquet. They sucks.
    4) PM me if you really want another ARC9. I might be able to work out a deal for you.

3. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    hmm.. Maybe Silenthart is not the most unbiased one when it comes to rackets and racket brands :)

Also I am curios how SH, can proclaim that ALL different models from HiQua "sucks" ?!?

I have tried some models that definitively outperform the Arc-9 for strong players at a much more modest price..

This said, I am not really fond of racket models that copy pretty much 100% of another makers look/paint/design of a racket.. That is really an insult to us consumers intelligence in my opinion!!

/Twobeer

4. joker8baller

joker8baller Regular Member

2) It's been 2 months, I stepped on it stupidly (bad footwork), when I tried to return a drop... So warranty is most likely out of the question.
    3.) Lol, ok.
    4.) Will do, on the way.

TwoBeer - I'm not looking for the exact same racket, just the qualities and feel. I'm a broke college student going back to school >.>

5. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Dear Master Twobeer,
    You are right, I may not the most un-biased person out there regarding racquet brand review. However, I do have some first hand experience with HiQua racquets.
    I have strung and see many model of HiQua racquets and several model claim to have Ti Mash on the fram. However, they are just stickers with gold color mash line print on it. So that is false advertisment to me. They also perform like a lower quality racquet to me and even a dealer here told me the HiQua racquets sucks (in chinese)
    I only have problem with HiQua and TaiLai brand because I find them are lower quality even at high end.
    I have and held very high respect to SOTX, Fleet, victor and some other brand racquets just like I have high respect of Master TB's opinions.

6. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Personally I have limited experince with Hi Qua, but someone at the club used to play with a HiQua racket with 88-hole construction at pretty high tension, and it felt very playable when i tried it..

/Twobeer