Armortec 900 Technique

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by UchihaIyer, Aug 11, 2007.

1. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    The AT900P has slightly more power but defence is much lower so AT900T performs better overall.

2. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    If the At900P is anything like the AT700, then the AT900T is faster, slightly less power, easier to swing around, more balanced overall.

3. Silent_Ninja

Silent_Ninja Regular Member

Student
    So the difference in power in AT900T and AT900P is not that much?

4. phandrew

phandrew Regular Member

Racquet breaker
    You won't notice a major difference.

5. thejym

thejym Regular Member

I played with an Armortec 900 Power for about four months, using it at various tournaments. When I got my Armortec 900 Technique a few weeks ago, I thought it would be a quick transition since they're about equally head-heavy (Power just slightly more so than Technique), they're both 4UG4, etc. Well, I was surprised.

Due to the Technique's aero frame, it cuts through the air much faster than I had expected it would. It almost doesn't even feel as head heavy since it is so maneuverable (also might be due to adding overgrip, which changes the balance point). I also did notice that, like others have said, the racket tends to "kick" higher up on the shaft. This is due to the Elastic Ti being placed at the top of the frame rather than the bottom, I suppose. Anyway, I can't comment on the power just yet because I am changing my smashing technique to a more proper one (with more pronation) and thus my timing and everything is off.

I feel like this is a great racket for me to adjust my technique though, because I noticed that previously I was relying on mass in the head to give my shot power, and consequently I never developed a fast swing speed. I think it's well worth getting the Technique over the Power in terms of how it will help you improve (the 900 Power feels like a typical racket.. so if you develop any bad habits it might not be entirely noticeable). Personally I find the tradeoff between power and maneuverability/control to be well worth it (as compared to the 900 Power).

6. Wilson Shuttler

Wilson Shuttler Regular Member

n/a
    are you saying that a mishit, even at 24lbs could snap the frame (man, that must suck)

7. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    that could happen though...whether its a defect or stringer's fault, it can still happen. its just way less likely than a racket string at say...30lbs

8. adonis

adonis Regular Member

DC Badminton Panda Power Australian Distributor, S
    is this racket more suitable for singles players?

are there many doubles players who use this racket?

9. Smash _Drop

Smash _Drop Regular Member

promotor
    This racket is suitable (in my opinion) for both singles and doubles as it quite manouverable but still has good power. It has been used by both international singles (taufik, Hafiz Hashim) and doubles player (cant remember the names but have seen it being used:)). As it has been a racket which has been out for a few years, more of the international players have switched over to other rackets notebly the arcsabre series.

A good allround racket, have a look at dinkalots racket review, gives u a good idea about the racket..

10. Kinderbijbel

Kinderbijbel Regular Member

student
    i think you mean lars paaske

11. Smash _Drop

Smash _Drop Regular Member

promotor
    maybe....i'm sure i've seen cai yun using it at one point...but like i said, many people have changed over to the newer ranges

12. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Regular Member

Bum
    The AT900T is a great racket, very versatile because at 22-24lbs it's a very forgiving intermediate players' racket with good power and great touch, and at higher tensions it serves some of the world's best equally as well.

Not too many high end rackets can claim that IMHO.

The T is a fantastic racket.

13. adonis

adonis Regular Member

thanks guys for all the opinions and feedback. going to get one soon to add to my collection.

just wish the price wasnt as if it just came out this year!

14. Easy Tiger

Bum
    Hey, I'm in Melbs too adonis. Couple of things to remember - Stadium will sell at their eBay prices if you walk into their shop and ask for them, otherwise you'll get straight retail which is a bit more. Also, James at Calibre in Sydney has good prices on rackets and is worth a look. Should cost you about 245 strung. Mine is at about 22lbs and although people around here would swear you'd need at least 26+, that's ******** unless you're an advanced player. Under 24lbs and you'll have good power AND control.

Don't be surprised by the 900T's head heaviness - I can make reflexive defence shots with this thing better than I can my ArcSaber Z-Slash.

15. adonis

adonis Regular Member

Thanks bro for your info. I do know Stadium, have bought few things from them.. only through eBay of course! I live near that are so pick up saves that little bit!
    Have just ordered mine, strung at 25lbs. Hope that's good enough!

HAHA seems we're quite similar, after I get my AT900T, we'll both have the same two rackets!

16. Easy Tiger

Bum
    Sweet. I hope I can get my ZS sorted out, because when you take it out of the bag people go 'oooooooh'. :D

900T is a bit more anonymous. :eek:

Oh, and go with white BG80's - Stadium does the neon yellow as standard. I learned the hard way. White = hawt / neon = not so hawt.

#196 Easy Tiger, Oct 12, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2009
  17. Eric Soon

Eric Soon Regular Member

Sales Executive
    Strung my AT900T(3UG5) recently with red Nanogy98 at 26/27lbs. Somehow, it felt hollow and lacks power during play. Can anyone share why this 'hollow' feeling comes around? Before this i strung it with BG68Ti(25/26lbs) without any problem.

18. Easy Tiger

Bum
    So, go back to the BG68Ti.

I don't like the Nanogy series strings at all. I have a Head strung with them and I think they completely lack feel, and yeah, the Head feels 'hollow' too.

It can't be the 900T because strung with BG80, it's solid.

19. adonis

adonis Regular Member

eh but everybody says the nanogy98 has good power as well as control? i have yet to try it though.

what do you think of the bg85? for at900t

20. Eric Soon

Eric Soon Regular Member

Sales Executive
    Yea, thats what im thinkin of Nanogy98. Its supposed to be the best 0.66 string right now, in terms of power and feel. But this doesn't feel good to me, wrong combination i guess!!
    Tiger, what d tension of BG80 on your AT900T? Solid in terms of power and control?