Yonex Racket Warranty

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Yipom, Oct 5, 2003.

1. Infernal

Infernal Regular Member

any info on the basics of the yonex warranty?

#21 Infernal, Oct 20, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2004
  2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    ask your sport store that sell yonex.

3. SaintDragon

SaintDragon Regular Member

Student
    I returned my broken racket to the shop I bought if from. They sent it back to Yonex, and today, they finally called me and said my racket came back in. Took a long time but I a brand new racket so it was worth it IMO.

4. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    I believe Yonex warranty varies in different countries. Yonex China has a 3- month warranty. In Hong Kong, Yonex racquets with an SP on the shaft and either an SP or HK on the cone carry a warranty of one year. This one year warranty is given by Sunrise. But the LE sold in Hong Kong carries a warranty of only 3 months, presumbly indicating a direct warranty from Yonex Japan instead of from Sunrise. The only way to find out is to ask your Yonex dealer in your country.

5. Harvest_Flame

Harvest_Flame New Member

Help!!!

I broke my racket in the summer, when i was playing with friends. It wasnt me per-say who caused it, it was my stupid partner (who isnt my regular partner for tournaments), who decided to smash the birde after i had already cleared it to the back. naturally his racket (which ironically happen ed to be an old raket fo mine i had sold to him) hit my new MP30 and split it up. So now, my racket looks like on one side of the head, the top half of the broken part sort of slid off the bottom one in a slant. ive had this racket for about a year now, and i knwo the warrranty is 6 months in canada, but im still gonna send it in with some bs story. anyone have any good ideas abt stuff i can tell them that might get it replaced. i wish i could post a picture of the racket up, so u guys could see. If you wanna see a pic, email me or message me, ill show u what it looks like. problem is, i can get the racket's head to sorta bend back a bit, so that it looks like it split, cuz the strings are really tight, so now im trying to figure out what to do, cuz i cant send it thought my store, been over 6 months, and i cant really do anythign with my broken mp30, so i guess what the harm in trying right? lemme know if u guys have any suggestions.
    I got a new Armortec 800 OF. last year missed the provincials by one game, and that was with ym mp 30. this year hopign to go farther, but i dont wanan risk some dolt breaking ym racket this year too, which cost my 168!!!!!!!. i need that mp 30 for practices and aas a backup, and just cuz i love its even balance n lightweight features. my season starts next week, so a fast reply would be much appeciated. Thankx :p
    Imk.

6. eggroll

eggroll Regular Member

sales
    To clarify this for you. :)

Yonex Badminton raquets are guaranteed for 6 months from date of purchase against manufacturer defects in materials and workmanship for Canada.

The warranty does not cover string breakage or paint chipping. When you return your raquet you should provide a proof of purchase and the full address of the consumer, the full address of the retailer and the package is reurned prepaid either from the retailer or the consumer.

I can tall you that Yonex can tell in most cases if the raquet is broken through abuse or contact with another raquet in a clash.

Yonex Canada replaces raquets that may be outside this warranty period because there are cases where a model breaks in a consistent manner and there is a defect. Yonex Canada can also be generous at times because they recognize you bought a product here in Canada and probably paid a fair $ for it. If you charge allot for a product then you must stand behind it. They do.

The warranty program for other countries is different because they choose to do so. Yonex international has a program that is the same for each country but each country can set their own warranty guidlines specific to that country.

Hope this clarifies things for you all.

Eggroll

7. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Intresting and I thought Canada has about a one year warrenty. I'll ask my local dealer about this.

8. eggroll

eggroll Regular Member

sales
    FYI. I took this from the back page of the Yonex Canada badminton price list so whatever your retailer tells you if it isn't the same he's mistaken.

9. JBKokKeong

JBKokKeong Regular Member

Tannepak is right. In Singapore and all other SP coded rackets, all rackets under Sunrise and company comes with a 1 year warranty, be it in Hong Kong, Malaysia etc. TH version comes with a 3 months warranty by JESCO. JP version also carries a 3 months warranty. All warranty valid provided Date of purchase, and official receipt is presented during the submission of rackets to your dealer. So far only TH version has a warranty card provided under JESCO, whereby you have to fill in your model and serial number of your racket and date of purchase to be retain by your dealer or supplier.

Take note, warranty only for manufacturing defect and within stringing guidelines. Yonex have a set of protocol to identify damages to rackets due to manufacturing defects or otherwise.

From my experience, those players who bought racket from me less than 3 mths has a 70% chance of getting their racket replace. Usually i will take thier racket and return to my supplier. I will then have to wait for their reply. My practice is that i will allow the guy to 1 to 1 exchange a brand new racket from me while i try to claim a replacement for him. So far my % is 80 success. If the exchange is not successful, i will call the buyer up and ask him to come down to pay for the racket which he has exchange from me, So far only 1 refuse to pay up so its not too bad.

10. Harvest_Flame

Harvest_Flame New Member

Requirements

So im sitting here writing a short letter to the yonex guys in canada, explaining my racket n how it snapped n so forth. Are there any specific things i need to include , like phone number n w/e? and if they decide not to replace it or w/e, do i get my busted one back? and do i have to pay for return mail or do they take care of that?

11. J_M_V

J_M_V Regular Member

Sales
    I've understood that Yonex doesn't have a global warranty policy - is that right? I bought AT800OFF from Singapore 12/2005, and today the handle simply broke off from the frame. Literally almost killed my opponent because that happened during a smash :( :eek: ! Luckily the racquet head went flying over his head. I was left standing with only the handle in my hand... There was no mishit, collision with others, over/understringing (has been strung only twice, both times 10 kg), and the racquet has Sunrise logo & proper Yonex serial codes. Does anybody have experience on these kind of cases? Sending a racquet back & forth to Singapore would be quite costly...

BTW at least in my eyes this lowered Yonex quality image a lot. I understand that there's always some defects when manufacturing huge amounts of products, but I've never heard about this kind of accident before. Not even with very low quality racquets!

12. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    Yes you are correct. I did not have the Yonex catalog on me so I called my dealer on the phone about it. He saids it is officially it's six months. Also added that he has sent rackets which go beyond that(ie. year or and over) and Yonex Canada did not have a problem with it. Futhermore, Yonex would look at those rackets which are beyond case by case.

#32 Matt, Mar 4, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2006
  13. Harvest_Flame

Harvest_Flame New Member

Well, i finished my letter after i had posted my last reply here. gonna send it in and hope for the best. I had heard very bad things abt the Nanospeed series and how fragile it is, that why i ordered the AT800OFF i have now from singapore or something. I am already seeing a bit of bending in the head frame. this has of course, reduced yonex's value in my eye, atleast for its newer brands. the muscle power series, especially the 99 and 100, are doing pretty good. o well, ill let you guys know what happens with my racket and stuff, jsut for the kciks of it. cheers.

Imk.

14. goldenbear

goldenbear Regular Member

Subprime mortgage ****ed me over so hard
    don't want to start a new thread so..

My NS8000 makes a ticking sound (well.. the closest sound I can find a comparison to) when I shake it up and down.

It seems the point where the shaft connects to the handle is loose.

Does anybody else have this problem?

Is this covered by US yonex warranty?

15. l_i_a_m

l_i_a_m Regular Member

i broke my MP 33 (just 3 weeks old, and it is smashed by another racket from behind), the shop owner asked me to return the broken MP 33 to him, and he will try to claim Yonex, he said even it is a crash between racket, it can still be claimed. This is because the "friendship" between him and the Yonex supplier. But one thing, it will take a long time, at least 3 to 6 months before i get my replacement.

16. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    did he send the racket back to the yonex (take 1 month at least), or handed it in to the Yonex rep when he was round (prob be quicker as well)

17. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

JP version warranty

Anyone has a broken JP version racquet and managed to claim back a new racquet from Yonex Japan, but is residing outside of Japan?

Asking this for a friend.

18. Matt

Matt Regular Member

IT Developer
    You mean the racket is JP coded. Since Yonex does not deal directly with customers, you cannot exactly send it to Yonex.

I have and have gotten JPs replaced before. The racket needs to be sent back to the Yonex Authorized Dealer in Japan where it was purchased from.

#38 Matt, Dec 14, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  19. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

Yes, JP coded bought from shuttle-house.com

May I know how long is the warranty valid?

e.g. 3 months, 6months or up to 1 year?

Thanks

20. quik_silver

quik_silver Regular Member

Analyst
    From what i have seen form the forum... usually the warranty covers up to 6 months