Backup Racquet

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by random.badmin1, Nov 14, 2009.

1. random.badmin1

random.badmin1 Regular Member

Hi all,

I am trying to find a good backup racquet for myself. Currently, I am using an Arc7. Many have said to just buy another Arc7 but I don't want to have 2 of the same racquets. Any suggestions?

Thanks

2. Destricto_Ense

Destricto_Ense Regular Member

Student
    What are your reasons for not wanting a second racquet? I knows there's always the desire for a shiny new toy, but if you are used to one racquet and feel that it suits you well, then I would suggest that you stick with it. It saves you having to adapt to a completely new beast if you snap a string in the middle of a tournament.

3. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

you need to be more specific
    Do you want a head light/even balanced/head heavy racket ? Yonex? Apacs ? Victor ? What make ? Price flex etc
    Here are my suggestions
    Yonex headlight : ns9900 £134 x stiff flex
    Or ns7000 £69 stiff flex
    Yonex even balance : arc 7 if you like it already get another one
    Yonex head heavy : at900t/p £110 stiff flex excellent racket however recomened the technique over the power If you are in the UK then the 4U version is great even tho some people think it's too light
    Other brands apart from yonex ?
    Eh
    Ashaway superlight 79Sq about £70 really light 76g
    Apacs clones all yonex rackets just same paintwork but lower price and the rackets perform slightly different
    Apacs own brand
    Tantrum 200 stiff flex £69
    Lethal 70 great racket which can allegedly take 40lbs !
    Babolat rackets blast/essential/lite/feel
    They are just some give me more feedback and I can help you further

LD

4. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

you know, back up rackets usually suggests that it is to be used if your main racket is somehow put out of play. While the ARC7 isnt the most unique racket, finding a racket QUITE like it is still hard. Why not an ARC9?

5. KhanOnCourt

KhanOnCourt Regular Member

hi random.badmin1,

same like you, I got Arc 7 as my main, and I think it better to get another one. Though i got Ktour as my second.

6. singnflip4life

singnflip4life Regular Member

Full Time Med Student
    I like to have two back-ups, a back up for if my string breaks, and a back up for when I get too tired to swing my primary.

Like I have a Zelm PP9990 as my primary, and the Trixon 8 for if the string breaks (similar, but completely different) and for if I need a bit more flex in my racket, and then my APACS Super Light to finish out the night b/c its 5U, ridiculously easy to swing, and makes me feel super fast.

Though I'd prefer to go 2 PP9990 and the Trixon, I'm waiting to see what the PP10000 is about.

I suggest you get another Arc7 of similar balance point, or a racket that is a tad lighter or more flexy for when you start to tire out.

7. dunker

dunker Regular Member

Veterinarian
    I would suggest, go get another Arc 7 if money is not an issue but string it a pound lower if you play many hours in one night.

8. random.badmin1

random.badmin1 Regular Member

I know that it is best if i get another Arc 7, but I want a different racquet for variety. I would prefer to get another Yonex.

9. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

try the ARC 9. similar in some ways, but different enough to probably suit your liking.

10. Tora_andri

Tora_andri Regular Member

-
    is it true that national badminton player's racket are custom????what the maximum tension for their racket??????i have racket n its tension is 34lbs,it's very suitable for my playing style???i'm looking for a racket that can take tension above 34lbs???is anyone know what brand is it????thx y'all

11. Destricto_Ense

Destricto_Ense Regular Member

Student
  12. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

I like Ti-10 so much I bought 3 of them all same specs and strings/tension. Switching back and forth with MP99 or AT900P really affects my timing/stroke.

Hence I tried to stick to 1 racquet type but being a Badminton fanatic, I just want to try other racquets, just like you. :D

13. Tora_andri

Tora_andri Regular Member

-
    24lbs????get real????i'm not a national badminton player but my racket's tension is 34lbs..as for national player like Taufik Hidayat,LCW,LD....their racket are custom different from mass production...