Unknown badminton racket, kinda creepy

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by macazteeg, Dec 8, 2009.

1. macazteeg

macazteeg Regular Member

Psychologist
    I got this second hand racket given to me by my dad, the racket was swapped before to the owner/ distributor of Kimoni here in the Philippines to be replaced with a new kimoni racket. When kimoni Philippines closed, the racket was given to my dad and then, he gave it to me.

The racket was an Ashaway TM1200, it says in the shaft kevlar-graphite. I dont know anything about the racket, or what type of racket is it but i found it really really good, i dont even know the grip size and maximum stringing tension. As of know it has 28 pounds of stringing tension in it. I can feel that it is somwhere between stiff to very stiff, its kind of a head heavy racket and has no chips/ scratches or whatever damage to it.

It just feels kinda creepy that the racket is like so good and so effective for me yet I cannot find any information about it, not even in the web. I hope someone out there can just help me out, like so I can get to know my racket better.

2. blank

blank Regular Member

If its from manila, you can try checking out the rackets at Valencia Badminton. As far as I know, they are the distributor of Ashaway Rackets. Maybe you can find something about the racket there.

But as far as I know, Ashaway rackets are not that durable compared to some rackets like RSL, Astec, Flypower, Yonex, etc. They tend to break at high tensions. But that is what other people I know that tried Ashaway rackets.

3. macazteeg

macazteeg Regular Member

Psychologist
    no, i haven't seen that racket at valencia, i used to be a player there before, i have seen all the ashaway rackets they've been selling