New study finds atheists, liberals, and macho men have higher IQ

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by taneepak, Feb 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kish-mah-ash

kish-mah-ash Regular Member

is this the joke of the day?

who da hell reads and believes this piece of crap study. do you believe in this piece of trash study,too? or maybe the person who did this sstuday was high and is a pot-smoking piece of crackhead!
    so,tell me, are you one of those freakin' liberal, atheist and macho men, too? c'mon on now, fess up.

as far as i know, IQ ain't the same as wisdom. and if i were to choose one, i'd rather choose the latter. which one would you have? a person with a 150 IQ but ain't wise or one with a 95 IQ but is a wise person?

as far as i know, most young folks, kids tend to assoiciate themsleves with liberals or liberal ideologies! yeah, those 13 to 20 yrs old! tell me, are they as wise as their poarents? do they have the same IQ as albert einstein?=/

as far as i know, most macho men, like that tiger woods jerk ain't one o f the wisest dudes on earth. so, he can golf with his eyes close but tell me, is he happy now after he got caught with his pants down?..wise guy?i'd say hey-yell naw!

as far as i know, those athesist don't believe or refuse to belive in god or a higher being cos they think they are all that matters in this world so they could do whatever they want to do cos they won't believe or be contstraint by any moral laws. tell you what, when those atheists die, i sure hope their souls ain't traveling straight to hell.

#21 kish-mah-ash, Feb 28, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  2. Temasek Green

Temasek Green Regular Member

3. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    But are mankind doing that great? Are they really good managers :p

look at Dilbert, Pointyhead may be running the shop but ... :eek:

Maybe mankind would be better of being run by Scientists, engineers and philospoers, than people more interested in power and ego :)
    /Twobeer

4. headphones

headphones Regular Member

Let me just say this:
    A "higher IQ" ain't gonna get you out of the Lake of Fire ;)

5. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Of coures it will! Only stupid people go to h.ll... ;);) :D

/T

6. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Sorry, I lost the joke there.

7. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    i'm sure Mr. T just want to divert our attention onto another new silly thread. That's his style. He change subjects within a thread as he can't support what he wrote before, if that fail, he goes onto create new threads to get out the heat. That's what a spinner does.

#27 cooler, Feb 28, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  8. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

you just explained why i disagree with the topic. I disagree because "No research on human behavioral theory is ever going to be 100% true as people from differing backgrounds and bias will produce differing results" Further more as cooler mentioned "we even disagree on what it means by 'intelligence' "

Therefore for me to agree on the topic, the topic should mentioned whats the background (to explain the bias factor) plus who is the audience and also there should be a clear definition on the word "intelligence" itself.
    Once these conditions (at the very least) are divined then we can talk further

9. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Let us see if this will set the house on fire.
    If you place a mirror in front of any specie of the great apes, the fellow or creature will probably pick his tooth or show off his teeth and may even try to smile.
    Put the mirror in front of say a dog, it will bark and might even charge at the mirror.
    Two very different reactions.

10. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Sorry i cant see any fire anywhere in the house
    What i can see is both the dog and the ape walk away from the mirror, perhaps thinking the man is so silly with his toy :D

11. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    And what does this tell you other than that the ape are more intelligent than a dog??

People are to sensitive when it comes to discussing intelligence and measuerement thereof (guess no one wants to be called unintelligent, hence all sorts of non mesurable stuff like EQ etc. gets invented to dogde the issue that some people have better logic/problem solving skills, that can be measuerd in somewhat objective tests).

Studies have shown that average IQ of asians are Higher than Caucasians.. Of course qualities and objectiveness of studys can and should always be questionedd.. It is interesting subject and can be "sensitive" field to do objective research in :rolleyes:

Personally I think it is evidence enough that badminton is more popular in Asia, that Asians are smarter than caucasians :cool:

And just for the record, I am caucasian myself :eek:

/Twobeer

12. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Really? Please reference the study.

Review the methodology and review the validity of the results.;)

13. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

OMG, the Doctor has spoken. So true. I second what your just posted.

14. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Despite an "IQ" in the 160 region, I am a firm believer that a high IQ just means you're good at IQ tests:D. Besides, I don't think anything as variegated as human intellect can be distilled down into a number.

I am not religious, because I just do not accept things without concrete proof, but I am firmly right-wing/conservative on most subjects.

15. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Well of course high-scores on IQ-test means high IQ.. Of course you can say that the test does not measure ALL aspects of "intelligence"...But these "pattern-recognition" test do tell us something about the persons overal brain horsepower ...
    I bet you that if you scored 60 on the IQ test you would not be having this argument here on BC...

/Twobeer

16. cooler

cooler Regular Member

maybe ideally yes but temptation and weakness of man can doom any discipline or any man. Look at IPCC, an organization fill to the brim with brainy scientists who are the top experts in their field. Look at where they got us to or almost about to;)

#36 cooler, Mar 1, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  17. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Hehe - no, I would be a German Shepherd or a chimp:D. Chances are if you willingly take an IQ test you're already above average anyway...

18. GrayDark

GrayDark Regular Member

Medical Transciptor
    and why not a Doberman and an Orangutan:)?

19. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    True, true.. but it always gets complicated when there are "political" agendas for research ;-).. Just look at "feminism science" .. I think scince where you start by a non-objective stance and/or a political agenda .. or even worce an agenda to get "funded".. isnt really "real" science :)

my 2 cents..

Guess I kind of want to argue , even if i totally agree with your IPCC observation, ha ha :)

/T

20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

i'll let u off this time since u swede beat our women curling for the gold. We had the swede on the edge of defeat twice but they wringle free.:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.