string and tension for cab 8000 light

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by master_taz101, Mar 4, 2010.

1. master_taz101

master_taz101 Regular Member

whats the recommended string and string tension for cab 8000 because im planning to re-string it first and see what happens before deciding to buy a new racket?

tnx to all!

2. master_taz101

forgot to inform you guys that i haven't re-string it since then and this would be my first racket to be stringed since i've been playing for only 3 years and that im just a 14 year old guy so pls advice and help me thanks. It still got its factory string so yah as you guys say it SUCKS!

3. blueagle

blueagle Regular Member

string tension is a matter of preference. try mo 24-26lbs. that will give you a good balance of power and control. if you lose power or can't get enough height or distance on your clears/lob shots, lower it to maybe 23-24lbs.

4. Tim1456

Tim1456 Regular Member

Clerk
    BG65 at 22 or 23 lbs.
    or BG80 at 21 or 22 lbs.

5. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Hi Taz,

There is a recommended tension on the cone. I will go with the highest tension on the cone as starting point. BG65 is the standard for badminton string. You can not go wrong with it. If you ask me what my preference for a Cab8000 lt, my answer will be 20x22 lb or you can tell the stringer 22lb.

Good luck

6. master_taz101

thanks guys!

@blue eagle do you know where i could find a good stringer. I'm near SM north edsa and Trinoma. In SM i think the badminton shop there is Yonex and Badminton Hub for trinoma if im not mistaken. If you know a place with a good stringer pls inform me basta Manila area not manila city haha thanks!

#6 master_taz101, Mar 4, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2010
  7. blueagle

blueagle Regular Member

i haven't tried SM north edsa nor trinoma. there's also chris sports in north edsa. the problem is they usually rotate their personnel who does the stringing. i used to bring my rackets to yonex in white plains before they closed it and the stringer got transferred to their store in eastwood. so, i followed the stringer to eastwood. later on he got trasnferred to d'zone in makati which is too far for me already so i tried out chris sports in kamuning. just like yonex, they rotate their personnel. i got tired moving around and following where my favorite stringer goes. i still bring my rackets to chris sports kamuming even if they change the stringer from time to time. so far they have done a good job naman. no complaints. by the way, they have a really nice stringing machine. pang professional talaga.

8. master_taz101

ok thanks a lot!

9. master_taz101

which is better? bg65 or the bg80? what are the advantages and disadvantages? this is for the cab 8000 tnx guys

10. Tim1456

Tim1456 Regular Member

Clerk
    BG80 is better. It has more power. But it lasts about half as long as BG65.