New SHB200 and 101s

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Technostorm, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

I personally find the SHB200 (both versions) to be soft but and not rigid at all. Like some Chinese players have noted in the Chinese Badminton forums, the SHB200 is somehow soft and comfortably suited for dynamic footworks with a lot of hops and jumps.

As for insoles I have tried various models including the Yonex Wave Insoles which I find very soft and comfortable. I went back eventually to the stock ones as I find them more durable and "responsive" as they feel harder on impact although still sufficiently shock absorbent.

2. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

It will be the same regardless of the region (JP or EX or SP). The Japanese use the feet length measurement in cm which for your case a size 8 US should correspond to 26cm.

3. kzyswd

kzyswd Regular Member

I've just went to try on the SHB-101. quite comfortable on the toes but pretty tight in the middle of my foot. not much by the lateral claw but more towards the arch of my foot.
    Will it get better after I break in the shoes? or loosen it?
    I do have a minor flatfeet. do I have to give up on this shoes? (-.-

4. singnflip4life

singnflip4life Regular Member

Full Time Med Student
    I have minor flat feet, I had to give up on my shb 100. Good thing they were only 60 when I got them, i'm going back to 71, maybe try the new 85. Good luck with your shoe, don't lose heart it may work for you yet.

5. kzyswd

kzyswd Regular Member

How long have you used it before you had to give up on it?

6. singnflip4life

singnflip4life Regular Member

Full Time Med Student
    I put in 15 hours total. At the 7 hour age, it seemed like I had finally broken it in, the pain was gone. But after hour 9, the pain returned. Not a bad, but still enough to be distracting and limiting. After putting in 6 more hours without improvement, I had enough and went back to my old orange 71s and boy, those felt so so SO good.

I use SuperFeet Blue inserts to combat my bad arches, just a heads up, your experience may be different with the stock insole.

7. kzyswd

kzyswd Regular Member

Hmm... now I cant decide. Thanks for the comment.
    Anyone else?

8. Fuchun Huang

Fuchun Huang Regular Member

Senior Lecturer of Victoria University
    Having used my new SHB200 and Asic Gel Task B905N alternatively for months, I now feel SHB200 is much better than Asic Gel Task B905N!
    It's interesting that at the beginning I felt Asic Gel Task B905N more comfortable and the SHB200 too stiff. But SHB200 became softer and better for wining my games.

9. minmorni86

minmorni86 Regular Member

hey, kzyswd,
    ive been using the SHB-101 for 2-3months now, and loving it, but the first 1-2weeks was pretty bad, giving me sore feet hahhaa(breaking in process). Im flat footed. Ive tested the SHB200 before i made my decision for the 101, and found the support on 101 is better, it resist rolling ure ankle, especially if ur the type that runs everywhere(mixed). The only good side abt the 200 that i found, is of its soft comfort. ehhee. I had a 100mx before this purchase, the clay design made it abit better from the 200 for me. Good luck hahhaa :D

10. gapperonduty

gapperonduty Regular Member

hey minmorni, was wondering why you said the shoes resist rolling ur ankles!

I jsut rolled mine on an Asics (could be my footwork) so i am in active search for a proper badminton shoes. If you could elaborate a little more on that, it would be great! I was deciding on the -91mx since i liked its low base as well as a smaller groove at the base. (from the picture of the 200, that groove in the middle of the base seemed very pronounced, whereas it is less for the -101 and even more so for the -91). Correct me if i am wrong with your experience of both the 101 and the 200.

Anyway, any insights would be nice.

11. kzyswd

kzyswd Regular Member

Thanks minmorni,
    I was kind of leaning towards SHB-200 (new color!) but now I have to think again.
    I somehow hurt one of my toes today playing so I'd better choose one in a hurry. Too bad there's not many badminton stores around me...

12. Voldemont

Voldemont Regular Member

SHB 101 is definitely a good choice. Very low to the groud feel. Easy to change direction. Court grip is great. After broken in, you won't think about the shoes when you are playing, which is a good thing IMO. The cushioning is just enough. If you are coming from Asics, you might feel less cushioning but still decent on the SHB101 though.

13. gapperonduty

gapperonduty Regular Member

thanx voldemont for the tip...i will try to get my hand on a pair to see it in person! still leaning on the -91mx though...but thanx!

14. Alpinerock

Alpinerock Regular Member

Hi
    Have read this thread, so apologies if have missed the answer to this question.

Where can I buy the JP version of the SHB200 who will ship to the UK?

I have looked at My Badminton Store
    http://www.mybadmintonstore.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=25_28_34&products_id=703

but the picture indicates they are selling the the non JP version.

Also at the moment I wear UK 11.5, so if purchased the JP version to I order the UK equivalent size?

Thanks for your help.

15. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

I think you can stop looking already. JP doesn't have sizes that big; 29.0cm is their largest ... (~10.5UK ?)

16. Alpinerock

I had looked on a couple of Japanese shops websites and thought that might be the case but thanks for the confirmation.

Smaller feet in Japan!!

Mind you what doesn't make sense is why make a better product just for the Japanese market and not for the rest of the world as well?

17. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

True, although I don't think the majority would be willing to pay the JP prices which is probably a big part of the why (60 euro for a racket is already a lot according to some/(many?))... For shoes the price difference isn't all that big but for everything else :eek:

:D Might have to take that back after seeing some RRP's over here :eek: (have long since banned those out of my head)

#137 demolidor, Apr 3, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  18. kzyswd

kzyswd Regular Member

Whats different about the JP version?

19. Alpinerock

20. kzyswd

kzyswd Regular Member

Thanks for the link.
    I didn't know about the difference. Thought same shoes are the same anywhere.