Heavy bag = damage rackets?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by iancjw, Apr 2, 2010.

1. iancjw

iancjw Regular Member

Hi all :)

just a question,
    ive always been paranoid about filling up my badminton bag with heavy things, like water bottles etc. When carrying my bag (i carry it like a bag pack, its a yonex.) does the weight some how...bend or damage the rackets inside? i have 4 rackets so is there a special way of arranging them so that they dont get damaged?

Apologies if this is a stupid question... :S

2. Enig.Ma

Enig.Ma Regular Member

apology accepted.

3. t1nosupr1mo

t1nosupr1mo Regular Member

student
    just dont overfill your bag where you actually need to TRY closing the zipper LOL

i think it should be ok

4. roy b

roy b Regular Member

Not a stupid question at all.

It frustrates me that Badminton bags are pretty flimsy things - I'm forever worried that carrying the bag by the normal straps will cause front-to-back stress on my precious rackets, as the bag bends. For that reason, I too use the back-pack straps. Why on earth doesn't a Badminton bag with stiff sides exist ??

For advice, I would suggest buying a 3 compartment bag. One outside compartment for rackets, middle compartment for clothes, other outside compartment for hard bits and bobs. Maybe that will solve your problem.

5. ralph_lee

ralph_lee Regular Member

In market, there are many brands selling those thermal bag that the bag itself wont bend.
    If you put water bottle on top of rackets, of course there is chance to break your rackets.
    Try to keep rackets in 1 compartment and keep the rest at the other.
    Depends how much you treassure your own rackets. :)

6. iancjw

iancjw Regular Member

do you arange ur rackets directly side by side, like ||
    or do you arange them side by side, but with the handles ontop of one another? like \/
    haha

7. OliverHH

OliverHH Regular Member

Student
    Yup.. Wilson makes very good and rigid bags.. Think they are originally made for tennis, but who cares? They are nice and have room for a lot of stuff..
    And cool colors :) Mine, for one, is silver and blue.. Love it..

8. dorysan

dorysan Regular Member

9. roy b

roy b Regular Member

Agreed, but why are there not rigid BADMINTON bags too ? Even thermal bags are capable of bending.

Can someone recommend any bags ?

10. jkjnr

jkjnr New Member

other question

Another question: does keeping my rackets in the boot of the car when parked in the sun on a very hot day, can that damage the string tension or even the racket? Thanks.

11. ralph_lee

ralph_lee Regular Member

My Proace and Apacs rackets both have words stated clearly:
    "Do Not Expose to sun heat or leave in the car boot.
    The results may caused racquet warped"

So, I 100% believe you should not leave it in the car.

12. beermonstertw

beermonstertw Regular Member

It does and it will happen if you travel longer than six hours on the bus or car.Bottles,uneven clothes and shoes do bend the frames and give uneven pressure to strings.That happened once to me.The frames were twisted slightly and there`s no cure for that so I had to buy new qackets.I tried to restring my rackets still found wanting,sweet spots were gone and rackets felt funny.The heats come from many parts of the car cause uneven temperature in the bags that`s the pain in the ass.To arrange rackets in the bag side by side is a big no no for me from my experience,it`s ok with handles on top of one another from experience.It`s better not to put clothes,shoes,scissors,strings,pad locks,birds and etc. in the bag,use the bags for rackets only with head covers.Go get another bag for clothes and accessories is a lot cheaper than four to six new rackets.

13. gapperonduty

gapperonduty Regular Member

whao, you just contradicted so many other players here with bags full of clothings and what not!! :cool:

could you elaborate why you are keen on seperating clothings and rackets, as well as what you mean by not arranging rackets side by side?

I have the 7829 (HUGE BAG) and six rackets (with clothings in one compartment and 3 tubes of shuttles in the other) in the middle compartment. My rationality is that the rackets will be protected between the soft clothings and the sturdy of the shuttles compartment on both sides.

However i am very paranoid of
    1) placing the bag standing up as it is resting on the top of the racket heads, and

2) squishing bags and bending the rackets by carrying the bag with both straps just on one shoulder (don't really like to carry it as a backpack as it always bounce and hit the ass and the back)...

anyone can confirm this paranoia?

14. gapperonduty

gapperonduty Regular Member

no one has any insight/?