Who is better? Tine Rasmussen or Camilla Martin?

Discussion in 'Denmark Professional Players' started by the_way, Jan 18, 2009.

1. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^That's about right..^^

..but it would have to be from the Qualifying round to the Final round (7 opponents)..:cool:

2. sylvester_dc

sylvester_dc Regular Member

employee
    tine rasmussen is better. she's strong & fearless. she can take on any of the top chinese players and beat them as long as she's in her top form

3. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

4 years later, she even managed to steal an olympic gold along the way, who knew.

4. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

Tine Rasmussen is a classic late bloomer, living under Camilla's shadow.

After the retirement of CM, Tine inherited the position as vanguard of Denmark's WS.

I feel CM has better technique and deception, Tine has more ummph in her attack and can overpower her opponent easily.

5. Peter-Gade-Fan

Peter-Gade-Fan Regular Member

Camilla Of course

No Doubt in my mind. Camilla Martin is Denmarks best ever womens singles player. Camilla Dominated in the 90s, and played fenomenal through out her carreer. Tine has been very unfortunate to be injured a lot. She has won many titles but she is 30 already!! Camilla took an early retirement and could have played on for many years i beleave.
    Conclusion: Camilla Martin Is Denamrks best singles player on the womens side ever:D:D:D:D

6. narnia

narnia Regular Member

Yeah, Camilla is the best in skills, talents, and most of all in beauty.

:)

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

What can i say...you did it again!!..

..Congrats to Tine for re-capturing the AE WS title! And once again, doing it by beating a couple of the CHN top WS players..

8. FIVEs

FIVEs Regular Member

At least I got it right predicting for Tine to bag AE 2010:) but was wrong with LD in the men's:(.

Peter Gade really is on the decline by the performance he gave at the AE 2010:(. But he's been around forever so what can I say:cool:?

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    hard to say.
    camilla did have to face many more 'experienced' chinese WS than TR.
    from susan susanti, ye zhaoying, all the way to zhang ning who retired in 2008.

10. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

TR also have to face Zhang Ning and XXF before:D..

besides, zhou mi and wang chen also:D

11. emmsfan

emmsfan Regular Member

Student
    Hard to say......... Camilla has achieved so much more in comparison to Tine, but Tine has been breaking the so called "impenetratable Great Wall Of China". Not only her, but also other players. However, I think Camilla has achieved much more. We cannot forget that she also had a "great wall" during her time, and she also had other Asians to be careful of. But with that, she still managed to capture elusive titles. So although Tine is good, and getting better, she is still has not reached her peak yet, still a bit inconsistent, but one day, if she tried, she could be as good or even better than Camilla.
    We'll just have to wait and see ;)

12. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    To start with as we have said before the comparison of past players is difficult and especially when they are totally different style. As people have noted CM was a stroke player with good footwork & a good tactical brain. TR relies more on her power, which in the current game is in a league of its own - no-one can smash harder or push the games pace as well as her. she forces her game onto her opponents very well.

Yes I agree the standard was higher in days gone by - the current CHN WS are not very good, and there isn't a strong challenge from KOR, MAS, INA or any other nation. The list 10 yrs ago stretched to JPN, KOR, INA players, all of which CM was equal to or better than.

And yes in line with others CM has acheived more.

TR has however not retired yet & although ZN is a one off, she did have her best triumphs at from 28 onwards (WC & 2xOG), which is where Tine is now.

13. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    They are totally 2 different types of players, Camilla - finesse, Tine - power.
    Against the fast and physical Chinese players, Camilla seemed to be having problems. Every Tine's shot can be winners or unforced errors. So she is at top, she is unstoppable. Camilla is more like Martina Hingis, Tine is more like the Williams sisters in tennis.

14. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

well, you beat me to that. TR played in 9 SS t'ment last 12 months, won 2 and lost in 2nd round for 7 times! i dont remember C martin or any top players has such record.