4U Rackets

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Raygun26, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Raygun26

Raygun26 Regular Member

Student
    I was on Yonex's site and was looking through the Armortec series...and saw how AT700-AT900 have 3U and 4U versions.

However, when I visit my local Sportchek/Badminton Exclusive stores they only have 3U versions of the 700 and 900's.

So my question is are the 4U versions more limited/rare to get? And if I was to see a 4U of those would the price be more expensive?

And last question is that I remember reading those "best rackets for smashing" threads and ppl mentioned how a 3U AT700 is very powerful. I'm just wondering if a 4U 700 is just as good b/c I didn't really see anyone mention the 4U version.

Just wondering...thanks!

2. BennyC

BennyC Regular Member

N/A
    It depends on whether or not the store wants them in. The US only carries 4U AT's so you can always purchase from the US while considering our strong CDN dollar =)

3U Vs. 4U price is the same. The AT700 is known for "raw power"...headheavy and stiff. With it being 4U, its lighter so you may not be able to maximize your full potential, but then again, everything is subjective. For me, I owned a AT700 (3U and 4U)..the 3U i preferred using it in singles and mixed and 4U for doubles.

If you really insist on getting it through canadian stores, its best to see if they can make a special order for you, however there will be a fee for you to pay.

3. what07

what07 Regular Member

Ya at Sportchek the sales men say they only carry 3U and some different grip sizes and nothing more, but you wouldn't want to buy from them anyways because the racquets are SOOOOOO expensive.

Since you live in toronto try some other exclusive badminton stores, save you some $$$

4. alphapeta

alphapeta Regular Member

Designer/Typographer
    Why don't you have a look at mybadmintonstore. They are china based, but very good prices and they carry the 4U. (I've purchased from there before–shipping is cheap, and great customer care). If you want a light(er) racket with good head power, the AT900T is great, but AT900P may be more your style (singles).

5. s0nnay

s0nnay Regular Member

Mbs are expensive, and anyone from HK would be able to clarify that. For a brand new 900P + EMS and stringing you pay at lease 15-20 pounds more than the likes of e78.

6. alphapeta

alphapeta Regular Member

Designer/Typographer
    It's more the being able to get hold of one in 4U—they have it in stock, perhaps there are cheaper HK stores. Do you still have the Gosen Miralite by the way?

7. s0nnay

s0nnay Regular Member

Usually e78 have it in stock, but anyway If I were going to get 4u, then UK code is nice! Nope the gosen one is sold, my stock has gone from a collection to zilch!

8. alphapeta

alphapeta Regular Member

Designer/Typographer
    While you're here, you know where I could pick up a At900T 4U JP? I understand the Japanese carbon build is better than elsewhere.

9. s0nnay

s0nnay Regular Member

For JP then MBS, but you will have to contact them as there stock is limited and that they have to order from Japan. Usually they do it every 2 weeks or so if I'm not mistaken. Otherwise shuttlehouse might be another option.

10. alphapeta

alphapeta Regular Member

Designer/Typographer
    Cool. Thanks for info (again).

11. dyrtla

dyrtla Regular Member

MBS is extremely overpriced IMO. btw another thing, people tend to say that JP build is sturdier(?) and more durable then lets say, SP, IP etc, however it cant be said that it is.

12. s0nnay

s0nnay Regular Member

I've compared a few JP's and SP's and I find the paintwork and finish of JP is slightly more delicate. It does feel nice to hold a JP racket, as you'd treat it with more care. However I don't think there's a different playability factor, just don't let your mind overule. =)

13. alphapeta

alphapeta Regular Member

Designer/Typographer
    Interesting. I've heard that the Japanese build is better/stronger. *extremely overpriced* — Point me to a well-priced store in HK; one which also caters for international interests!

14. alphapeta

alphapeta Regular Member

Designer/Typographer
    I'm waiting for my Panda Power T2 at the moment anyway, I may have no need for the AT ;)

15. BennyC

BennyC Regular Member

N/A
    Id reccomend purchasing from sohubuy. Its cheap and fast shipping. Most importantly, their rackets are all legit.

16. alphapeta

alphapeta Regular Member

Designer/Typographer
    Yep—I just checked their prices, Sohubuy are cheap! So just to clarify, the SP/TW are pretty much the same material as JP? Just made in different places I guess?

Anyone know if Sohubuy is easy to access when in central Hong Kong? I can get my other half to pick one up when on her next work trip ;)

17. s0nnay

s0nnay Regular Member

Well there different production lines, japan having the upper hand obviously as YY is a japanese company. Plus there technology is advanced so generally speaking they would make higher quality goods for their own brand. For SP/IP, the quality isn't as great but I won't discriminate and get into my views on that.

Sohubuy is in/near Jordan I think, so near the island but then again everywhere in HK is accessible, lol. I can't remember the exact address though, just email them.

18. Raygun26

Raygun26 Regular Member

Student
    Well, I've been breaking in my AT 600 from the other topic and had gone back playing with my NS 800 and really gotten use to the 600's lightness.

I always wanted to maximize my swing speed so that's why I'm seeking for 4U's.

Since I'm not the hardest hitter, I was then looking into a 4U AT 700 maybe to use that extra lightness to hammer it down.

@BennyC: That's true, I may go over to the States soon just b/c of our $ and that they only carry 4U AT's...ahh I wish we had them here tho. Thanks for sharing which 700's u use during each time.

@What07: I know ehh, the prices at Spotchek never drop and Badminton rackets are like never on sale..it's always only tennis rackets:crying: But they had one couple months ago where they had 20% off on all rackets but that's when I hit a wall cuz I was looking for 4U 700 or 900P's and all they had were 3U's.

Max Sports only has 3U 700 and 900's and their prices are up there with Sportchek. However, I have yet to visit Yo's.

And for those ppl who offered the sites..I personally would prefer shopping the racket first hand instead of online...it's just me tho...but i'll keep Sohubuy in mind.

Also, I'm just wondering how much u guys paid/willing to pay for AT 700,900's cuz I see them for $199-$240 without any discounts...Thanks for all the input tho.

19. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    Sohubuy (e78) is not in Jordan or anywhere near it for that matter. And not close to HK Island either...

20. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    Maybe you can check MJstrings.ca and see whether he has any 4Us in stock. Do note that the prices are lower because they are not CD coded so if warranty is a must, then look elsewhere.