Armortec line neglected?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Voldemont, Mar 18, 2010.

1. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

What about the Isometric, Titanium and MusclePower line then? .... ;)

Out with the old, in with the new! :cool:

2. Sevex

Sevex Regular Member

Academia, CFD/ wind engineering
    But the technologies in those rackets still exist today! :p

Also I wish they hadn't out with the old in with the new the ti 10! As everyone keeps saying it was amazing but I'll never get to try the original 1st gen :(

3. Sketchy

Sketchy Regular Member

Ski Tech
    Yonex just like to have the three major lines - one for attacking players, one for defensive players, and one for all-rounders (I know that's a generalisation).
    Changing the names periodically is just a marketing ploy to make them sound new / modern / hi-tech / different.

The ArcSaber series replaced the MusclePower series as the "all-rounder", and it's only a matter of time before Yonex think up new names to give their attacking and defensive series.

Sevex:
    You have to remember that the average consumer is actually *very* dumb. They like cool sounding techno-babble, even if they don't know what it means. They like it if a racket is used by some pro, even if they don't know who (s)he is. They probably even care more about the graphics than the basic specs. People who post on these forums are generally a lot more knowledgeable, but they only account for a small proportion of racket sales.

4. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I've been thinking for ages that YY have far too many rackets out at the moment, and the NS and Arc lines have been getting the lion's share. IMO we certainly need an AT1000, an uber-stiff, box-framed monster that can replace the AT700, especially since Li Ning's N90 is now into its second iteration...

If YY need to pare their line down to make room, the following can all catch fire as far as I'm concerned:D:

NS7700, NS6000 and below,
    Arc 9,
    AT300 and below.

5. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

wow that leaves not alot of rackets, yonex, will probaly just introduce some of the older rackets under a different name.

6. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

I would certainly like this combination ;)

And if they let the Muscle Power frame make a return then it'll undoubtedly be THE descendant of the good old powerful Ti10 and MP100. Armortec-Slim sounds like a good name.

Can't wait for it to come out.

7. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

what do you want to call it ?
    Armorslim, slimtec, Ti100, muscletec, armormulsclepowerti1000 ?

8. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

Here's a little trivia on the Titanium Mesh, Muscle Power and Armortec:

The first Isometric Head shaped Yonex was the Iso500, which according to marketing back then had Titanium fibre composites in the frame. Then came the Ti10 just before the turn of the millennium which had a slim profile on both the frame and shaft, while also having two additional Titanium Meshes on the frame that "improved hitting stability and increased swing speed" (note that this statement was later revamped for the Armortec 700). The Ti10 also introduced the Muscle Power frame where there was a hump between the grommets from 3 to 9 o'clock. From my testing of these raquets, the Muscle Power frame does to a certain extent retain the intial stringing tension from day one with very little loss.

Sometime later, the MP100 was introduced. It was pretty much the same as the Ti10 and the only difference was that it was no longer slim profile as Yonex went from using Ultra High Modulus Graphite to just High Modulus Graphite in the shaft which meant if they wanted to keep the same stiffness the shaft would have to be thickened. The MP100 shaft was also 1cm shorter than the Ti10's to make it even stiffer for transferring more energy into smashes, thus Yonex marketing it as their most heavy-smash-friendly racquet (something which Zhang Jun utilised a lot) which is also good for singles play as it was evenly balanced while being a little more head heavy than the other Muscle Power racquets excluding the MP80/88). The MP100 also introduced the Ultimum Ti technology (which according to racquet dissection meant that up to 4 Titanium alloy strings were inserted uniformly around the shaft) that gave the racquet a wonderful elastic snap-back character while reamining high tensile which is a good industrial property of Titanium. The MP100's frame was also designed to have the Muscle Power bump between all the grommets which meant better hitting stability.

In 2003, the Armortec 700 was introduced. The Muscle Power frame was omitted in favour of a thicker and more robust frame which was also heavier thus giving the AT700 the heaviest head of all Yonex racquets. It still had the Ultimum Ti shaft of the MP100 but the shaft is slim profiled as the MP90/99. The AT700 instantly became popular as the extra head heavy profile with an overall light weight meant that fast and steep smashing angles were easy to produce for outright winners (hereby utilised a lot by Taufik Hidayat and Lin Dan).

So in conclusion, if the next Armortec incorporates a slim aerodynamic frame, it would probably go back to its roots in the Ti10, which is a good thing. My hope for the Muscle Power frame to return is only for the fact that it retains string tension better than all the Armortec frame I have owned, and I don't appreciate having to cut my strings when they have lost significant tension which is something I don't have to do with my MP100 and Ti10.

9. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    Yonex should forget about bringing a new range- it wont make any different to the range they already got. the ArcZ was one of the biggest disappointment ,

they need to bring the original Ti10 back and everyone's happy.... and have that price range back

10. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    At700 LTD is my fav by far! Have you tried the Arc9 before? That racquet suprisingly plays very well for a even balance and flexible racquet! They'll never get rid of that one since it sells like candy for average female players.

11. Voldemont

Voldemont Regular Member

How about Armortec 770DX? Max tension 27 lbs :D

12. blackvictor

blackvictor Regular Member

That's it. Instead of depressing over which racket I should get, I'll wait for this new Armortec. Definitely hopes it looks better than the Arc Z.

3 more months!

13. kristian

kristian Regular Member

If Yonex Want To Make a New Armortec that had a head heavy, extra long shaft and air resistance of Z Slash I Think Yonex Already Late, Cause Lining Already Make That Racket ,It Is N90 Which Lindan Use Good in terms Power, Manuver and Repulsion.
    But I Hope Yonex Made A good Racket Like Mp 100 again in The Future,Cause Mp 100 Is My All Time Favorit!!!

14. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    are your 3U or 2U? It is also tony G. fav. racket until yonex discontinued it. BTW, this is an armortec thread:D

15. kristian

kristian Regular Member

I only Use 2u MP 100 I Had 5 of it ,JP,Spx2,HK,CH and searching For CP Version
    I Mean I Wish Yonex Make a good racket again in Armortec Line Which Can play like MP 100 Good in terms of Power In The Back (Like Zhang Jun) ,But Fast In Front (Like tony G and Natsir) .
    Cause Armortec 700, and 900P only Good At back (for Smashing)
    And at 800Def and 900T Good at Front But Not Quite good in the back.
    maybe One Racket that quite Similiat Like Mp 100 Good at the back and frond is only 800Off
    And I hope Yonex Made 2u Armortec, Ho4 :0)

Regards
    Krist

16. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    u shouldn't look at armortec line but NS line.
    I think NS900x and ns9900 come closest to mp100

17. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Yonex will keep some basic features but
    with added advancement in technology and improved function. They are trying to keep the cost and price of the racket reasonable
    for users. Don't worry about the AT models.. they are surely going to come up with something better but not nesessary under AT name.

18. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Haha..2U AT will be too heavy for normal people to handle.Since it's basically head heaviest among the other yonex.I love AT myself more than other series.Even in 3U,AT seems to be heavy enough for some people already.

2UG3 MP100 CP is designed for Zhang Jun,but seems that u don't want it,since 2UG4 from what i heard is for the female players.

19. hoRn36

hoRn36 New Member

They're probably gonna phase it out like the muscle power.. just like how AT replaced muscle power LOL gg.. personally, older racquets feel better.. hmmm