Indonesia Badminton

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by kidosetiawan, May 15, 2007.

1. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    Now, I am so sure, Riyanto will make it big :D
    i hope my mind is true :D

Hope, he can do very well in YOG. Let us see,,,

I think, he will learn so much from this AJC and WJC. he can look at another talent and than compare with himself so he can measure jis standard of play and his weakness by himself. Fauzi, Bandar and Alamsyah will give him a lot of experience to learn. yeah, he is one of the best talent in INA. Next year, I think, we can see a little of his sign to be one of the best in this planet :D

#1801 fathonezic, Apr 26, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  2. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

yes, i'm also wanting to know how was it? i knew it's already over.

3. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Okay..I do not have score ( I have deleted from my cellphone)

Thomas cup

Pelatnas vs Non Pelatnas ( 4-1)
    hayom beat andrei in 2 sets
    Simon beat Andre K in 2 sets
    Sony beat TH in 2 sets ( 21-19, 21-11)
    Nova Ahsan beat Alvent/AG in 2 sets
    Bona/Rian lost to Kido/Hendra S in 3 sets

Uber cup ( 3-2)

Febe beat Firda in tight 3 sets
    Maria kristin beat Linda weni in 2 sets
    rena suwarno lost to Aprilia in 2 sets
    nitya/suci lost to annisa/Fenya in 2 sets
    Butet/Shendy beat Mel Greysia in 3 sets..( ,ast set was 22-20)

Each winner group got 75 Million rupiahs ( or US$ 8000) and losr will get around 40 Million rupiahs

4. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Candra will pair with Ronald susilo during SIN Open

5. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Here's complete score-line (Hauge has posted the overall result) :

Thomas Cup & Uber Cup Simulation :

THOMAS Cup (Pelatnas beat Non Pelatnas with 4-1)

Sony Dwi Kuncoro >< Taufik Hidayat, 21-19 ; 21-11
    Simon Santoso >< Andre K.Tedjono, 21-6 ; 21-12
    D.Hayom Rumbaka >< Andreas Adityawarman, 21-12 ; 21-13
    Bona Septano/Rian Sukmawan >< Markis Kido/Hendra Setiawan, 21-16 ; 14-21 ; 14-21
    Mohammad Ahsan/Nova Widianto >< Alvent Yulianto/Hendra AG, 21-16 ; 24-22

UBER Cup (Rajawali beat Garuda with 3-2)

Renna Suwarno >< Aprilia Yuswandari, 15-21 ; 14-21
    Nitya Krishinda/Suci Rizki Andini >< Anneke Feinya/Annisa Wahyuni, 19-21 ; 14-21
    Maria Kristin Yulianti >< Linda Weni Fanetri, 22-20 ; 21-18
    Liliyana Natsir/Shendy Puspa Irawati >< Greysia Polii/Meiliana Djauhari, 18-21 ; 21-8 ; 22-20
    Maria Febe Kusumastuti >< Adrianti Firdasari, 13-21 ; 21-18 ; 21-18

*source : KOMPAS.com

6. simonlovers

simonlovers Regular Member

Tangkas Alfamart Junior International Challenge 2009..
    i saw her match in final..

7. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

On Riyanto...

..for Riyanto, as i've already chimed in in the 2010 WJC sub-forum, he needs to improve his conditioning/stamina & being patient and a bit smarter in his shot selections/tactical awareness. His skills are very good nonetheless. I think he ran into a tough opponent in Zulfadli who i'd say is about even with Riyanto, which probably drained Riyanto's stamina going into his QF match on the same day. Riyanto even complained of being tired/fatigue after his match vs. Zulfadli. Of course, in the evening's QF match, he lost pretty tamely to the IND player.

#1807 ctjcad, Apr 28, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  8. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    I agree with your opinion, Chris... Were you in Mexico to watch? :)

9. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Definitely..^^

..check out the 2010 WJC sub-forum...i've posted tons of pics and then videos..

10. alvisiny

alvisiny Regular Member

student
    Yeah i know but better than vita marissa i think , but i think can be ok to with nitya :)

11. alvisiny

alvisiny Regular Member

student
    Pelatnas still the best .. Lols
    =)

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    Indonesia always rise to the occasion

Datuk Punch Gunalan was the team manager when Malaysia last won the Thomas Cup in 1992. The 66-year-old Gunalan may have been off the scene for about two years now after leaving the Badminton World Federation (BWF) as their deputy president. But he is still a great follower of the sport. The prominent sports figure talks to Starsport’s RAJES PAUL and says that it will be a grave mistake for anyone to underestimate 13-time champions Indonesia in a team competition.
    I AM a strong believer that the Thomas Cup Finals somehow bring out the best in Indonesia.

They may not look very impressive on paper this time but one should never rule them out, especially in team competitions.
    To me, Indonesia and Malaysia are the best two team players in the Finals. That is why it sparks fire when both teams clash. They are a very patriotic lot and so are their fans.
    [​IMG] Datuk Punch Gunalan
    In 1992, Indonesia had more fans in the Stadium Negara than us. And I will not be surprised to see them coming in droves at the Putra Stadium to support their national heroes.
    This time, in order to win the Thomas Cup for a 14th time, Indonesia may have to get one point in the singles and rely heavily on their doubles pairs to deliver.

But I do not think the first point will come from Taufik Hidayat. The former Olympic and world champion has slowed down and does not look as impressive as before. He has done very well in individual tournaments but he has been beaten before in the team competitions.
    But Indonesia can bank on either Sony Dwi Kuncoro (pic) or Simon Santoso. They are experienced enough to give their opponents a run for their money.

And one must remember that, Sony has done well on Malaysian soil and he will be their trump card.

Their reserve, Dionysius (Hayom Rumbaka), is a newcomer. I don’t think Indonesia will be brave enough to rest Taufik and field Sony, Simon and Dionysius for the singles matches. But with Indonesia, one must be prepared for the unexpected in the doubles. They can come out with different combinations and still troop out as winners. They have done this in almost every Finals, even during my playing days. They will most likely tweak with a scratch combination for the second doubles.
    [​IMG] Sony Dwi Kuncoro
    They fielded mixed doubles player Nova Widianto and youngster Mohd Ahsan in the team final against Malaysia at the Laos SEA Games and it caught Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari-Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif by surprise.
    The Malaysians lost and Indonesia went on to take the gold medal.
    I think they will field their Olympic champions, Markis Kido-Hendra Setiawan, in the first doubles. And if this pair hit it off well, they are tough ones to beat.

And one thing unique about the Indonesian team this year is that they seem to have broken the cardinal rule by roping in several independent players – Taufik, Markis-Hendra and Alven Yulianto-Hendra Gunawan.
    But whether national or independent, I have never seen division among Indonesian players when they come together for a team competition. They have amazing team spirit.

It has been eight years since Indonesia last won the Cup. And their recent performances in international tournaments have not been that impressive. But the Thomas Cup is always seen as a revival platform for the Indonesians.

They use this stage to get back their confidence and reaffirm their status as a badminton power. And I will not be surprised if they make it happen.

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/5/3/sports/6175823&sec=sports

13. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

14. wilcan

wilcan Regular Member

student
    just found that everk sukamta look like china's fu hai feng..

15. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Haha..Ihave told him already...he is younger version of FU...but his hair is like Simon..
    We may call him Evert FU...:D

16. yan_brot

yan_brot Regular Member

civil servant
    any pic of Evert sukamta?

17. Sandy

Sandy Regular Member

18. nick.h

nick.h Regular Member

student
    wow evert DOES look like FHF...hows his prospect for the future btw?

19. naistav

naistav Regular Member

So sad INA lost to CHN, but they gave a good fight. Some already known weaknesses are again exposed, esp. stamina.

20. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Editorial : Better Next Time

The Jakarta Post | Mon, 05/17/2010 9:06 AM | Editorial

Nothing is impossible in sports and the Korean girls proved it by ousting defending champion China 3-1 in the just-concluded Uber Cup final in Kuala Lumpur. Playing as the underdog, South Korea fought its best to foil China’s ambition in taking home the Uber Cup for the 13th time, winning the coveted trophy for the first time.

It was a different fate, unfortunately, for Indonesia’s Thomas Cup team who bowed out to defending champion China. The national team’s ambition to repeat the sweet success at Putra Stadium in Bukit Jalil, Kuala Lumpur, dashed after Taufik Hidayat and teammates lost 0-3.

Reaching the final stage, however, was progress for Indonesia’s Thomas Cup team. It had failed in the semifinals three consecutive times.

The last time Indonesia won the Thomas Cup was in 2002 in Guangzhou, China, defeating Malaysia to craft history as the country with the most victories at the event with 13 wins since 1958, including five consecutive wins from 1994.

Squeezed between reality shows and soap operas, the live matches of the Thomas and Uber Cup finals were slight relief for badminton lovers at home, who threw their weight behind national shuttlers during the biennial events.

----------------------
    *Read completely -- http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2010/05/17/editorial-better-next-time.html