BAM warns Mohd Hafiz Hashim & Kuan Beng Hong

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by chris-ccc, Jan 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Imagine if Hafiz scores the winning point over Bao Chunlai, he would be the hero of the Malaysia squad instead of the first two points :p

2. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    if he succeed in securing the deciding game, he deserves it with all respects :cool:

3. sktoo

sktoo New Member

Honestly, I have gave up on hafiz... It has been so many year but FAM still keep him inside the squad...

And he is totally overrated, just a victory over some player and everyone are praising him.. Saying he has improved...:confused:

4. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Is Hafiz totally overrated?

Hafiz will need to prove to us BCers, to his fans, to himself, to his coaches, and to BAM, at this 2010 Thomas Cup event now being played in Malaysia.

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    ever the optimist:)

6. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Mohd Hafiz Hashim: Will he perform well at this 2010 Thomas Cup event?

No Cheung. :):):)

It has always being a question as to whether Hafiz should be displaced from the MAS team or not.

It's from Post #1, when we stated that BAM has finally run out of patience with him. It's up to HH to prove to everyone that he should not be displaced.

7. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Since when HH playing football?:p

8. sktoo

sktoo New Member

But so many years has been past and we didn't see anything good from him.. Other than the All England, When/what is Hafiz best achievement?

My point is, BAM should just discard him, and put more attention to the back-up and young player... Don't waste time on him anymore.

BAM is not a charity body, now seems like BAM is spoon feed hafiz like their own "Golden Child"...

*I just voice out some of my opinion, hopefully its won't offense anyone here:)

typo error:eek:

9. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

If one has a poor track record, then the resources should be invested somewhere else. Apart from one good season, can such continued poor performances be justified? Should the resources be given to other players just outside the national team for development on the basis their potential is greater?

I have to agree with sktoo. Don't expect HH to be a dying star; i.e. be a flash before quickly fading away.

10. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    before this tuc 2010, hafiz has prove himself a better player than the rest of the mas players accept lcw and wch, thus he should be qualified to stay on in the team. unless he lost here and there i think he would have left a long time ago. his recent form is good and hendrawan has been pushing him for tuc a few months back. so give him a break for his final show!

11. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    This TC10 is interesting. CHN is favor to win but not unbeatable. MAS, INA and DEN can win. For MAS to beat CHN, LCW and TBH/KKK MUST win as I said in another post. Either MAS 2nd MD or HH win one, and MAS clearly has a chance. Now, if HH pulls one win, and MAS goes on to win TC, would all be forgiven and HH is hailed the hero?;)
    One interesting point, HH has been yo-yo for sometime since AE03 win, yet not one single MAS junior today can take his spot so if HH is not good and the juniors are clearly worse, so is MAS gonna replace HH with someone even worse than him;) HH is about LCW age, the man has talent but screwing around with poor fitness so with Hendy coaching, let's see him play in TC10...hero or goat?;) MAS needs him badly for 3rd MS, putting a junior experiment for 3rd MS is disaster and opposing coaches will be laughing so hard, it actually hurts.

#531 OneToughBirdie, May 10, 2010
    Last edited: May 10, 2010
  12. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Hafiz Hashim can beat our juniors. But that doesnt mean that our Juniors cannot perform on international circuits. Its just that they are not exposed and lack in experience in playing internationally.

To be fair for Hafiz, he has his downtime and he is playing his best. The problem here is not Hafiz but BAM's decision on not letting our juniors or 2nd ranked singles players to prove themselves. What BAM want is NOW.. RESULT NOW. I would rather them sacrifice a little and let the younger players play more and to be sent to more tournaments. In due time.. im sure they will deliver the goods. It is like training your tigers in the cage to be a predator and does not allow them to be in the field to hunt.

13. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Well said...but in so many MAS national championship, the juniors cannot prove themselves to beat the yo-yo man. SO with TC10 so close now, and Dato best chance/form is now or never, same for KKK/TBH too, cannot experiment with junior in place of HH...the problem is TC is every 2 years, so which year from 06, 08 and 10 do you think MAS should experiment with juniors in lieu of HH. This TC10 at home, HH has to win one especially against CHN for MAS to have a chance...if HH lost, LCW and TBH/KKK even if they win, MAS would still lose.

14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    this is a never for single department to do;)
    rashid never learn;)

i said before
    he lost to chan kwong beng;)

15. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Very well put.

I would like to see more of those reserve players be on the team to blend them into the atmosphere of the team event. Groom them for future TC/UC events.

The TC is not won on the 3rd singles as very few countries have such depth in singles. It is won by having two strong mens doubles.

16. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

hahhaa.. that's so funny.. it's actually BAM.

17. sktoo

sktoo New Member

Well said, I totally agree with you:)

On another issue about the back up player is that, If they really can't perform, I think BAM should kick them out from the national team and bring in other player. BAM tend to give them too much of "Honeymoon" like HH, KBH and most of the backup player.

18. eRa@에라

eRa@에라 Regular Member

Accountant
    agree with ants... BAM keeps the talented junior until they rust then only send to play... as for the yoyos, keep wasting people's money but not kick them away... there shud never be any second thoughts for this type of players!

19. Dr. Evil

Dr. Evil Regular Member

Can somebody explain why a big man like Habis have such weak smashes. Even the old and worn out WCH can smash better.

20. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Hafiz plays alright... but the Sato was good...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.