2010 Thomas Cup Semifinal - Day 6, Fri May 14th

Discussion in 'Thomas Cup / Uber Cup 2010' started by kwun, May 12, 2010.

1. zengaj

zengaj Regular Member

Not that I dont want to support China, but don;t know why, I can't stand LYB.

2. glenny

glenny Regular Member

Manager
    CHINA terms will win in the final!

3. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Yes LD is the best MS player of all time, no doubt.
    Luckily for INA he's just superDan not superMan yet, in other words he's still beatable ;)

4. zengaj

zengaj Regular Member

5. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Again, weak mentality does all the damages.

Olympic 2008 final game repeated today between LD and DLCW. I think this time DLCW have no reason and excuse for the tame loss to LD.

And again, LD prove himself the best badminton player even he is not WR No. 1 anymore. He just beat the WR No. 1 in style.

For me, not to humiliate DLCW, he is just 1 level below LD.

KKK/TBH? A lots of mistakes made, especially KKK.

2 WR No.1 + home ground advantage lost tamely. What a disaster for MAS team.

BAM, what would you say?

6. Darien

Darien Regular Member

IT
    Thank you CHN for showing how useless MAS are...a GOOD HUMILIATION. Great job, CHN!

7. simonlovers

simonlovers Regular Member

no..sony still injured :crying:

and simon will play again as 2nd MS :eek:

8. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

on paper, INA should be easier than MAS for CHN tomorrow. but, somehow i think INA will put up a better fight especially the doubles. i certainly hope so. i took a day off to watch 6-0 in the end, not a single game came even close!

9. wizzxoc

wizzxoc New Member

i am totally agree with you...i think Malaysia was not up to their standard...i knew Malaysia was going to lose but i never thought that it will lose that badly...still..miracles do happen..
    lets just hope that Indonesia will win in the final

p/s: to be honest, i think Malaysia can consider to change the coaches.. i see no improvement from the players of Malaysia..

10. badMania

badMania Regular Member

I am pretty sure heads will roll......Rexy's position is the most vulnerable.

11. zengaj

zengaj Regular Member

like that almost gone case. Need to win 2 doubles and 2nd singles then.

12. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

You are right, on paper TH is no match for LD. I just have a feeling this sunday is a good day, and on a good day an old warrior might have his final moment of his life. Go Taufik!!

13. zengaj

zengaj Regular Member

Hope so. Taufik is the Lin Dan five years ago. If Taufik can win, then the final will be exciting.

14. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    This really sounds stupid.:D

15. zengaj

zengaj Regular Member

yes, Mal doubles on downhill in last 2 years. Need change in coach to bring new spark.

16. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Take it easy, in a way we as the Malaysians are quite unrealistic setting very high goal to beat China. If we look back since day 1 of Thomas Cup, we were not really as strong as what we thought, we even lost to Japan. Yes we made a tremendous comeback and beat Denmark but it couldn't hide our weakness on MS2, MD2 and MS3.
    Although Chong Wei and KKK/TBH lost to China but they are still very capable players to represent our country for the coming years. The fear is remaining of the young players, none of them seem to emerge.
    If I have to blame coaches then it would be the failure to bring up the youngsters after all these years. If Rashid and Hendrawan can't do it then find someone who can and make the coaches be accountable for it with given time line. In sports, you can't fire players so coaches have to go.
    As for Rexy, he should stay with basic, focus on just few MD pairs and demand for results. I think Rexy try to be incharge too many tasks to secure his position, we don't see much progress in MD department from past 2 years.
    Malaysia still will do OK as long as Chong Wei and KKK/TBH are in good form in Individual event while China will continue its dominants now that Lin Dan is back(I am amaze with his overall game, he has intergrated solid defense and netplay into his vast arsenal).
    I also think Malaysia have to change the attitude, less talk and less exposure to media, from players to coaches just like team China. I understand is the freedom of speech but why speak pre-maturely as you can speak all you want after the victory.
    Is a dissapointed day for sure!

17. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

If SDK is not playing, Hayom will take the 3rd MS. Im concern more on 2nd MS and 2nd MD, especially if TH loose the MS1.

18. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    Same prediction before Malaysia play against China :D

19. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    China did their homework very well. I was particularly impressed with Cai Yun.

I think with the home crowd against China, that fired the China players up even more. I'll say it again - M'sia didn't play badly, China played very well making M'sia look ordinary.

20. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

What are you guys doing!? Talking as if Malaysia never tried at all!? Talking as if the coaches didn't try!? Do you guys think changing coaches are that easy!? Do you guys think defeating Lin Dan or Cai Yun/Fu Haifeng is easy just because they are WR#1? Give them a break! You think they wanted to lose!? I don't care what you guys say, even if LCW lost, I am still proud of him.

China is undoubtedly the strongest team. Cannot see anyone defeating them in Thomas Cup soon. I will support Indonesia tomorrow.

Sorry for being so emotional.