Nanospeed 9900.....need more POWRRRR!

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Easy Tiger, May 14, 2010.

1. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Regular Member

Bum
    I recently swapped my AT900T for a NS9900 and it's strung with NGB95 at about 23-24lbs. I'm having trouble generating power compared to my BS11 strung at 25x27lbs with BG80.

Should I restring it the same so I can compare apples with apples, or add it to the pile of rackets I want to restring with a .66mm string of yet-to-be decided variant?

Or is it just my weakling arm?

Discuss.

2. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

Nah, don't feel that bad. NBG95 is not exactly an easy string to use. Personally I find the Nanogy coating makes the string feel thicker than it physically is; perhaps due to more shock absorption? I'm not certain and have not really bothered to retry it. NBG95 does work if you require "mindless" performance at high tensions, ala Fu Haifeng's smashing barrage (he has enough technique to make up for the string's lack of touch though) while if you're looking for more touch perhaps NBG98 or the other BG66 variants will work better.

One string which I tend to recommend with NS9900 is actually BG65 at higher tensions; it works like a charm as I find the string really expands on the awesome repulsion characteristics of the racquet. Otherwise NS9900 is also really not an easy racquet to use when you're not in top form, as I've experienced.

3. 77suns

77suns Regular Member

-
    my 2 favorite strings is bg80 and ngb95. for ngb95 i will suggest a 26lbs or higher which i feel seem to be where good repulsive tension range and control starts. below that ngb95 seem abit too soft. But that's only me.

4. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Hi Tiger,
    I had the same problem last time. What i felt is that NS9900 produces more speed in comparison to AT900T or BS11, and therefore IMO it requires a higher tension compare to AT900T given the same power that i used.
    It wont hurt to give it a try
    Cheers :)

5. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Couldn't agree more. I tried it once and never went back.

With respect to the BS11 vs NS9900 issue, the rackets, as you know, are a world apart: the BS11 is a head-heavy whip, while the NS9900 is a head-light uber-stiff, so it's not surprising you've noticed a big difference (especially off the back of a 900T). The BS11 has "easy" power in contrast to the NS9900's, but the NS9900's is capped a LOT higher:). The BS11 is playing better at high tension because there is already flex built in (namely the shaft).

You have it right with the apples and pears thinking; get it to apples and apples before you try anything else:D. If the NS is still down on power, follow your instincts and go looser on a .66.

6. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Regular Member

Bum
    Okay so I put the NS9900 and Li-Ning 300C back-to-back and lo and behold they look on face value to be very similar rackets. So I've strung the NS9900 with my typical BG80 @ 25x27lbs, (apples with apples) and the 300C I'm giving this packet of Ashaway PG65 a go at 24x26lbs, just for something different.

We'll see how it goes!