Apac Armortech Rackets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ojk87, Apr 29, 2004.

1. simplelad

simplelad Regular Member

Is armotech 900 better??

Is armotech 900 better?? Whats the promotion package at 10/10 then??

700., 800 & 900 are all 3U rackets??

Thanks..

2. ojk87

ojk87 Regular Member

Well, i cannot say much for other series, but since i owned the powerconcept 1080, i will comment on that.I find it a nice flexible racket. The shaft is made of nickel titanium. I guess u feel that it is strange as the design of it is different from yonex rackets.

If you need, i wil post some pictures of the PC1080, so u can have a look of how it is like.

3. ojk87

ojk87 Regular Member

Powertech, never heard of it.

Pardon me, i never heard of powertech? Issit Power concept? The PC has a large range of rackets, round head and iso heads. I am using PC1080 now.

To answer your question, the Apac Armopower series is the clone of Yonex ArmourTech.

4. ojk87

ojk87 Regular Member

I dun know bout the 900, but the 600, 700 and 800 are all 3U.
    The lighter ones are in PC series, the high ends one.

The promo package at 10/10 is for PC series only. For $110, u get shoes, rackets, bag, grip,strings,(and shuttlescocks ? i 4got ).

I rejected the offer and just took the PC1080.Because i no $$$ at that time.

5. Z1985

Z1985 Regular Member

slack
    $110? i tot its $100? i intro my friend to go buy that pakage. not shuttlecocks. jus a waterbottle i tink. no good 1. i bought PC1080 too. Use it for 2 or 3 times still find PC999 better. PC1080 is slightly head heavy and don't feel like a 4u racket.
    I tink PC999 is special version and not for selling. i bought it from a coach @ RM80. It's Slim, Even Balance shaft with Slim frame and is quite stiff, Head 'light' and feels lighter then the 1080 and swings smoothly. But I still feels it's not powerful enough..

Tried the Amorpower800 and 3 of my friends are using it. seems quite good but feels just normal to me. I tink Apacs rackets are just so-so. not very good but not bad either. Maybe u can get ProAce Ti-9? which cost around $90+ or $100.

Some of my friends and my bro introduce me that racket. probably trying it out this sat. 1 of my friends is using. I Still prefer ProAce to Apacs although they seem to be the same company.:rolleyes:

6. Z1985

Z1985 Regular Member

slack
    Btw, my PC1080 is Broken... Just bought for less then 2 months. Use it less then 10 times becuz i keep lending it to people.. many commented that the racket is good. So dun worry ojk87, as long as u like it. Expensive doesn't means better but i somehow feel that most expensive rackets have 'Hidden Power' :eek:

Too bad i no Camera. If not can show my collection of Racket corpses. got 6 broken racket at home. of which 2 have broke into 2 or more parts...:p
    others jus broke at 1 side of frame.

7. simplelad

simplelad Regular Member

apacs pc 996 with BG65 (26lbs)

Tried my apacs pc 996 with BG65 (26lbs)for a second time in a week. This time round I got better used to the racket, had some powerful smashes, drops shots are still in the comfortable range, not bad for a inexpensive racket.

tried frenz 998, personally think 996 is more powerful in smashing, think the head heavy balance is better than 998.

worth trying out... :eek:

8. ojk87

ojk87 Regular Member

The package i also not sure.

I dun really know the price of the package, but all i know is not worth it. About the 1080 dun feel like a 4U racket, i agree to it actually, however it still feels great, that all that it matters , doesn't it?

I dun think i saw PC999, but if given the chance, i would love to try it out.

About the Armorpower series from apacs right, i had to agree with you partially, coz i personally dun enjoy iso heads rackets. Thus even the yonex armorpower i wun be able to play well with it. My only advice is buy it if only u love the yonex armourtec design but can't afford it, dun buy it just because it is one of the high end rackets from yonex.

Apac belongs to proace, i am quite certain, but they produce diff kinds of rackets. Apacs normally clone yonex design, while proace have their own series. Prices of apacs rackets is generally much lower than proace rackets.

One thing to be certain, proace produces good racket. The proace platinum dream is a good racket i know of.

BTW, anyone here know of the "Shock Absorber" that the higher end Powerconcept series rackets have? It is located at the joint between shaft and handle.

9. ojk87

ojk87 Regular Member

Pity bout your rackets.

Sad man, breaking racket so fast isn't good. The 1080 shaft is very bendable, the uncle at 10/10 bend it so much for me to see that i nearly flinched.

Yup, i agree with you, i really enjoy using it, and i believe the control is there.

BTW, what tension did u strung ur 1080 at ? Coz i was wondering how it got broken. Which part breaks first?

10. ojk87

ojk87 Regular Member

I did not buy 998 because i got influenced by the uncle actually. When i did not managed to get the price i want for platinum dream , i turned to PC series. The uncle convinced me to try 1080. No regrets till now.

Anyone tried out the PC1500 ? I would love to hear comments about it.

11. Z1985

Z1985 Regular Member

slack
    My coach intro the PC1150. I haved tried PC1000 but also find it so-so.
    Tried ProAce Titanium 9 today, the frame very aerodynamic, very easy to swing.

12. ojk87

ojk87 Regular Member

Pc1500 ?

What about 1500, it is supposed to be the best in powerconcept series, isn't it?
    Anyone used PC1500 b4, can give me your reviews on it?

(How much is a titanium 9 anyway? Dun really want to ask here as this is a apacs rackets thread. )

13. legal strike

legal strike Regular Member

14. Z1985

Z1985 Regular Member

slack
    hahaha. y? what makes u think so. my coach is 1 of the 10 n 10 shop partners. but i think he seldom go to the shop..

15. legal strike

cos he keeps recommending pro ace and apac rackets to u mah :D

16. ojk87

ojk87 Regular Member

Reply.

Proace rackets are good, just that they are not widely publicized and only known to asia.

17. legal strike

i got both the ti dream and the platinium dream for my daughter, but i find that the platinium dream paint chips easily, but out of the two she prefers platinum dream, but lately only play with the MP90

18. sendoh

sendoh Regular Member

Yes, there are PowerTech/PowerTec versions for Apacs in one of the shops at Queensway. I saw it today, it's called PowerTec(h) 700, which looks very similar with ArmorPower 700.

You can find the shop at the second level of Queensway Shopping Centre, there are 2 shops up there, one managed by an Indian and the other by a Chinese. You can find the PowerTec(h) at the Chinese shop.

If anyone happens to visit that shop, please confirm with me whether it's PowerTec or PowerTech :)

19. ojk87

ojk87 Regular Member

Reply.

Maybe it is a old series, perhaps ?

20. Z1985

Z1985 Regular Member

slack
    :confused: Apacs is supposed to be a new brand isn't it? not very sure though? but really puzzles me too. Armortec also quite new, and i don't understand y they come out wif 2 diff. names for the same clone? i thought armorpower 700 is supposed to be a clone of armortec 700 already? :confused: :confused:
    some1 enlighten me pls..