Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

This is by far the most sensible and meaningful post in the last few pages. The others really can be deleted....no worthy content to read as they are pretty much the same as the other threads.

2. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    There is no doubt that I agree with you more than 100%..
    you should ahve told die hard LD fans who would ahve disagreed with you BIG BIG time before OG 08
    They even mocked NON CHN Olympics winner as LUCKY..and I found it very very insulting..

the bottom line is as long as CHN players rank #1 and wins OLYMPIC are okay...the rest are just LUCKY to be there...

3. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    rudy, what do you think of the china super league?

doing more harm or good?

every year for 4 months the china players are not coming out to play because of that league

do you think bwf will counter this?

you have more experience in this that's why i ask you

4. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    BWF has mentioned that for SS PREMIER, BWF hopes each country will send their best players..
    Recently BWF has criticized INA for not sending national team to KOR/MAS and Swiss and I am sure BWF will do same for those countries who do same thing,..

Also next year,from April 2011 it starts qualifying for Olympic and I do not see China will do 3 or 4 month of Badminton league..I am not sure how it will play out..

Is bdminton league good or bad? I do not know but we all know that LYB is concerned..especially the injuries...
    The good thing about Badminton league is players will earn more money...which we know that it is tough for badminton players to make a living.

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    good thing for non china player too
    hehe

6. bambino

bambino Regular Member

Not too fast too, my friend. I have been around BC long enough to watch george and limsy grow. So I am not as new as u think. :cool:

LD loss to CHJ is a rare event. His record as three times World Champion and reigning Olympic champion, not to mention numerous AE and SS titles speaks for his achievement. On the other hand, LCW fumbled against JO, NTM, Chen Long. Choked twice against Sony at World Championships.

LCW may be the current World No.1 but his achievement still cannot match LD or even Taufik. To be WR#1 for almost two years is the best achievement so far for any Malaysian player for a long long time. But for now the general consensus is that LD is the player to beat, based on his dominating performance both current and previous.

7. mamapoko

mamapoko Regular Member

Student
    do u guys think the china league is abit unfair to non-chinese players like taufik,boonsak,peter,tien minh?

8. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    Actually this is not fair or unfair..I chatted with one chinese official recently..the reason China has badminton league is they feel BWF has not done anything yet to market badminton....by having a league, it allows many non china national players to play as well as to earn the living.

To attract international players,CBA may change the rule from top 8 ( foreign players have to be in top 8 in each category to be eligible) to top 20 or something in future.

Also another problem is sponsorhip...
    LCW is allowed to play in the league but he has to wear YONEX and his team is not YONEX...thats why he could not play..not BAM that did not allow him at all

9. mamapoko

mamapoko Regular Member

Student
    oh any idea what team he is in..
    and are all the chinese power houses in a team?
    does that mean that if u are in a specific team, u have to train with them everyday??
    do they allow non chinese players to play though??

10. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    They do allow non chinese to play in the league but I know that they will give a priority to chinese players.
    I am not sure about the rule..I am sure that it will be a rule that each team can have 1 international players..may be..
    I believe that LCW is to play with Guangzhou team.

Like in Japan league, they can hire only 1 international players if I am not wrong..like Alvent in Unisys for example..
    Currently Hendra/Kiso is sparring with NTT team for Shoji Sato/Kawamae for one week and may be Hendra or Kido may play for NTT in future..

11. mamapoko

mamapoko Regular Member

Student
    as in non chinese player ( not referring to china players, the chinese race in specific)...

12. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    really? didn't see you introduce yourself in the introduction forum and of course its not compulsory but at least you can avoid writing above first para.

13. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    you are right.
    Both SEA sand EAG aren't bwf sanctioned events, they don't count for bwf points. LCW won the 09 SEA and LD lost in EAG, big deal.
    LD was on promo tour in HK and he even skipped 2009 HKO. Playing in EAG was prolly doing an last moment request favor to raise the profile of the EAG. LD has lost to lcw/Tine R. in exhibition match too, only fleas make a big deal out of these events. LCW lost to JOJ, CL, and NTM were from from bwf sanctioned events which lcw had trained and prepared for.

what we witnessed at 08 OG and 10 TC were two very prepared MS players (LD vs LCW) competing. One on chinese soil, one on bolehland. The resulting scores are accurate reflection of player's ability.

#1013 cooler, Jun 6, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
  14. madbad

madbad Regular Member

LD's winning point v LCW in TC 2010 SF followed by the "dance". Taken from my vantage point at the stadium. LD was pumped!
    [video=youtube;zbXSNBcMldc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbXSNBcMldc[/video]

15. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    Imo, LD is the player to beat in international terms at the moment. He delivers nearly 100% of the time. LCW may be sitting at the top at the moment, (all credit to him as that is an accomplishment in itself to maintain such a standard of winning titles), however, it is noticeable, that the best currently is LD. Back in the early part of the decades, TH was the person to beat, however, since then, it has been LD.

16. badMania

badMania Regular Member

One correction cooler: LCW wasn't even competing in the 2009 South East Asian Games. He withdrew at the last minute.

17. cooler

cooler Regular Member

thx for the reminder.

18. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

I wonder what all this bickering is about. Malaysian people are not the same ones of the past,

they now have a sense of belonging, are part and parcel of the system and one to stand up and be counted.

It is not like the old meek Msia pre2008.

It is very natural to be proud of one's products. Say you are the restaurant with friends and you start insulting people's wife or kids and start comparing them with their own, is that very tactful and good manners?Would you expect people who are belittled to rollover and start condemning their own family and domestic affairs etc for your entertainment?

It would probably result in a bloody nose. I think a little mutual respect is in order, no wonder there are so many wars.

19. geebees90

geebees90 Regular Member

Student
  20. cooler

cooler Regular Member

1. Cho Jae Jin (Soccer / Korea) looks like bao chun lai with a moustache. lol

#7 to #15 men look way better than the #1 to #6 men

2. Tania Sachdev (Chess / India) a chess expert? i don't see any chess:p:p

#1020 cooler, Jun 16, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2010