made in taiwan vs made in japan?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Jeeman, Apr 3, 2009.

1. t1nosupr1mo

t1nosupr1mo Regular Member

student
    well im talking about the made in japan vs made in taiwan racket not the selling code.

but thank you to those who explain / giving input.

2. druss

druss Regular Member

Then you have nothing to compare if you're talking about Yonex rackets only since they don't make the same model across different factories...

Comparing an Armortec 900T/P (made in Japan) to an Armortec 30 or 50 (made in Taiwan) doesn't make any sense...

3. t1nosupr1mo

student
    if that doesn't make any sense how people keep saying instead of buying yonex made in taiwan youre better off buying other brand because they are better.

that's whats spark my curiosity.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    there are two schools of thoughts.

one group believe that they are truely different. JP/CP/CN rackets having better performance than the rest.

however, there are also those who do not feel any differences.

it is up to the consumer to decide. everyone is free to buy whichever they like. :)

5. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    We say what we can do with the racket, not what the racket can do for us

Don't worry too much where the racket is made. As long as it feels good when you use it, that is the important thing.

We can say that we play better with a racket because it feels better. For me, it is what I can do with the racket, not what the racket can do for me.

Currently, many find Japanese made rackets are of higher quality. This is probably because of better quality control. But will a Japanese made racket improve our playing performance, I would have to say 'no'. And if we don't like the feel of it, we will probably not want to use it.

6. StrikeGX

StrikeGX Regular Member

haha good to hear that Hong Kong Still has mp99 im gonna get my 2nd one cuz i love it that much <3 :D

*sorry for getting off topic

7. druss

druss Regular Member

In reality it wouldn't matter where the low end rackets are made, value for the money you're going to find better rackets from other less known brands. To me it has nothing to do with where they are made and more with value.

If you're going to spend $100 on a racket there are better choices than Yonex regardless of where that particular racket is made...

If there are some that say don't buy low end Yonex because they are made in Taiwan then that's their opinion.

IMO, you worded your original query poorly which is why we spent so much time trying to figure out what exactly you wanted to know.

8. t1nosupr1mo

student
    yea sorry about that, English is my 2nd language.

9. Uncle George

Uncle George Regular Member

... it's called marketing.....

Ppl are more willing to pay high prices for "Made in Japan" compared to "Made in Taiwan" and then "Made in China".

Made in Japan: Oooo.. it must be good.
    Made in Taiwan: Don't they made bicycle and computers?
    Made in China: That's where my shoes come from! and my clothings... and .....

10. Jameschan5

Jameschan5 Regular Member

Engineer
    I agree with the Uncle George, the so called impression of Japan made is always the better...
    But with the right material, right machine and right technique, anywhere can produce excellent racket. Looks at Victor and Li-Ning...

Only thing is YY is keeping its own R&D knowledge itself in Japan and only distribute some little tiny knowledge to their OEM in Taiwan and China for the cheaper price racket...

As the made in Japan racket is expensive, do mind that the labor cost and expenses in Japan is a few times far more higher from China and Taiwan too...

11. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

This topic has been discussed before. As long as the manufacture pay attention to what they make and do good QC, what made in China can be as good as in Taiwan or Japan.
    In case of YY, this I can tell you.
    1) All the higher end racquets are made in Japan. They use newer materials and newer tech and newer manufacturing process. Are they better quality vs the one made in Taiwan? Not really, YY use the same quality control for the factory in Japan and Taiwan. I can tell you is the YY racquets made in Japan has better tech, and newer manufacture process and labor is higher in Japan.
    2) The YY racquet that is made in china, they are made by contract factories and the QC is not as strict. So yes, they are not as high quality and not as good.

Please note that LN makes very good racquets. Just like Victor factory use high QC in china. they also makes very high quality racquets.
    There are many manufactures in Taiwan who develop their own process and use different materials they have as high quality as YY in Japan.

Please understand, you pay for what you get. If you are in market for a new racquet, where it made is not as important as a racquet that fits you. YY may not have the racquet that fit you the best. demo something else if that is the case.

Good luck.

12. SamsonSun

SamsonSun Regular Member

Student
    For an exzample:
    ArcSaber:7 8 9 10 100 z are made in Japan...have nano cubes...Price is more than ¥1,000 each。。。
    ArcSaber:008 5 r made in Taiwan...don't have nano cubers or any other hitech, Price is lower than ¥500。。。