Yonex Armortec 600 Review

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Oldhand, Mar 1, 2009.

1. konafan

konafan Regular Member

almost all my rackets on BG66 ...tot of trying something new ...
    my colleague using Li Ning ..dun know which model..cost $20 ...tried once and quite like it ...

2. teoky

teoky Regular Member

Manager
    If cost is not an issue, try NBG98, really good stuff !

3. szekt

szekt Regular Member

I still feel that BG66 is still the best except for durability...NBG98 feels different and didnt quite like it...:D

4. foxface

foxface Regular Member

Businessman
    Racket sound good, will be geting one soon.

5. quik_silver

quik_silver Regular Member

Analyst

most likely a typo, because it is specifically made in 4U version only, e-mail mr.chan yourself to confirm the mistake.

6. foxface

foxface Regular Member

Businessman
    Got the AT600. The dealer advertised as 3U but the actual racket states 4UG5. Quite nice to use.

7. gavinloh

gavinloh Regular Member

Mini Review

I think this racket should deserve more reviews although it is not a top end from YY. I have been using for few month with BG66 @ 23lbs and playing as an amateur. As you probably know, this is a heavy head racket.

Number such as 3U or 4U (this racket is 4U) doesn't really matter when you swing this baby. It does give you the extra power you need when you drive, clear and smash. I am comparing this over my old Carlton AirBlade. You won't be really feeling it as a 4U esp when you swing it.

The power given easily make it suitable for single player. I found it hard to recapture my drops and net play, and unsure whether it's the racket or the string. My old Carlton Airblade with BG85 @ 22lbs has more feels in it but lack of power.

I might need to restring it for another review.

8. ayiee1976

ayiee1976 Regular Member

Internal Auditor
    Agree with you, I think more suitable for single...prefer my NS9900 for double...

I have not used it frequently as lack of single session...

9. gavinloh

gavinloh Regular Member

Oh my goodness, you and I have the same racquets. My NS9900 arrived yesterday. I am going to test tonight with NBG-95 @ 24 lbs and new Wilson Kontrol Grip.

10. ayiee1976

ayiee1976 Regular Member

Internal Auditor
    Last night my brother tested the AT600 in a social game...

Our oppenent is an "otai" (age late 40 and early 50), style of play is good defence and counter attacking and placement.

The only thing that impressed me is that when my brother smash is either no reply or week reply from our opponent. He also also suprised that usually it will take 3-4 smash to weekened their defence...but not that night...my brother style of play is a rear-man hard hitter...generate power from arm rather than wrist.

The sad thing is that he broke the string (BG66@26lbs) in the first set (estimated after 10 good smash maybe less)...the frame look ok...coz the last time he broke the string the frame snap/broken also...this is my second AT600 it tooks 3 month to get the replacement....

Now I have to replace it....is NBG98 durable @ 26-28lbs?

11. vdanvung

vdanvung Regular Member

IT
    thanks for the review. yes i really love the ,mp88 and after broken one i was trying to find a replacement for it. the good think is i replace my mp88 with the armortec 900t. but recently i accidentally hit the racket with a friend while playing and a major crack on the racket, and it really expensive to buy another. after reading the review i think i will try to find one and buy it since in your review it is the mp88 replacement. wandering does the constructions of the racket similar to mp88. because the mp88 is fragile in the making of the racket. it didnt says in your review. can u report on the meterial use and is it stronger that the mp88. i hate to buy another expensive racket and then broke it while playing.

12. minijumbuk

minijumbuk Regular Member

I just ordered an AT600 strung at 26/24 lbs BG80. I'll try give my first racquet review next Friday, when I test it out XD

By the way, if you guys are trying to find a trustworthy racquet seller/good stringer, you can give me a PM. I ordered the AT600 from him, and he also previously sold my friend several racquets. Apparently his stringing technique is quite good, and the price is fairly reasonable.

13. minijumbuk

minijumbuk Regular Member

Just used the AT600 tonight. Strung with 24x26 lbs.

I've played with a 2U even-balance racquet since I started playing badminton (MP21). The AT600, for a 4U racquet, gives a lot of power. It feels quite head heavy. Generally quite easy to use. Like I've said, I've used an even-balance for a long time, and this is my first time using a head-heavy, but this transition wasn't as hard as I imagined. Its power is really quite impressive, although one thing I preferred in the MP21 over the AT600 was that it gave more control when defending smashes.

14. h208217

h208217 Regular Member

I just manage to bought at600 after reading reviews n considering few brands and models..going to try out this coming friday..i can't wait :)

15. h208217

h208217 Regular Member

I manage to test out at600 yesterday and yes i am very amaze by the smashing and controlling of this racket! This will make my skill to improve alot more..thanks alot for the recommendation!

16. dwcl83

dwcl83 Regular Member

Tried out an Armortec 600 last night (BG65, 26lbs): normally use a 2u Cab20, and was very impressed with the increase in smash power - able to a break through defences a lot easier.

17. terencechan

terencechan Regular Member

I just bought the Armotec 600. I actually went to the shop with the intention to buy an Arc Saber 10. Stringed it to 24 pounds on Goosen strings. The first time I played it felt a little stiff strangely. On the second day i took it to my company's badminton tournament. By the time I reached the semifinals, my smashes suddenly started to boom! I think I've hit the hardest smashes in my life this week! Defense wise, it has very good rebound as well. It's an awesome racket!

18. amirru

amirru Regular Member

engineer
    Hi guys,

Terencechan, how much did u buy the racquet n with what package?? I've surveyed around my area and one of the yonex dealer shop wanna give me RM425 (free BG66+grip+bag).. At the same price he also recommended another AT series called Armotec TOUR.. Anybody have tried this model before??

19. terencechan

terencechan Regular Member

I bought my Armotec 600 for RM398 (paid using credit card 2% surcharge) at AJ Puchong. Free grip BC66 or gosen + grip. Didn't take the bag. Didn't bargain much. Could be a little cheaper if you are good in bargaining. The racket is very easy to handle, both for defense and attack. Extremely stable compared to my old gossen racket.

20. amirru

amirru Regular Member

engineer
    I think its already a gud price for the racket.. But the price for my area will be more expensive compared to yr area.. Hope to get below RM400 for the price without the bag.. Cant wait to get the racket soon..