fake forza racket from central sports?

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by Foreverlove, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Foreverlove

Foreverlove Regular Member

I was a fan of yonex and i bought many yonex rackets and badminton stuff from central sports, and the quality are always good, except this time:
    recently, I am thinking about switch to Forza, therefore, I bought a discontinued Kevlar N-force 110 racket form central sports with a low price (was over £100, now £40). After I received it, I found the paint are very blurred and the surface of the frame and the shaft are very rough. At the beginning, I just can't help to be very surprised that the quality of the Yonex racket is really much better than other brand and really worth the money, and it can't been realized without comparing with other brand.

However, after a moment, I started to realize that it maybe a counterfeit, even I don't believe that central sports may sell counterfeit, but I remember that I have used my friend's forza kevlar a couple of years ago and I remember the quality of the racket should be similar to that of the Yonex racket.

Does anyone have any experience to identify Forza rackets?

I will upload pictures later when I get back home.

2. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    in answer to your question Central sports is one of the largest racket dealer in the country with a good online service & they are the official yonex stockist to the All England.

They are an official Forza stockist & I doubt ther is much market in producing fake forza rackets..

Firstly your issue is with them, as they supplied you with the racket, so contact them first. It may be the racket is discontinued due to quality issues or you did just get a bad one. The price was good, but if you are not happy you have a right to return the item. I have returned rackets to them in the past and they have been very helpful.

Maybe you can get a free AE t-shirt which they have more stockof as compensation too!

3. Foreverlove

I bought equipment from them for many time and i don't believe the product is fake either.
    however, I do think the racket I received may have quality issue.

4. Foreverlove

I will send the racket back to the store for a refund and I will discuss this with the store. In the mean time, please remove this thread from the forum.

Many thanks

Regards

5. Foreverlove

Last evening, the supplier from Forza Badminton UK Ltd confirmed that the racket was definately genuine and was supplied by Forza Badminton two years ago. He also said that it sounds that since the racket was a 2007 version, and it has been left lying in a pile of sell off rackets for over 2 years where scratches and grazing can happen.
    Central Sports had agreed to refund it for me (it was last one in stock so can't exchange) if I send the racket back to them when I raised my concern to the quality of the racket I received. However, I finally decided to keep it instead of send it back since the price was very low compare to the original price (which was also one of the reason I bought it at the beginning) and even though the painting work was not very good, but I guess it still worth the money I paid for.

End of the story.

#5 Foreverlove, Jun 24, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2010