Eva @ Uber Cup

Discussion in 'Thomas/Uber Cups 2004' started by kwun, May 10, 2004.

1. Zax

Zax Regular Member

badminton promotor :)
    I don't know what's the source of this Rumour but it's obviously nonsense.

Would be a great surprise for some of the students in the team :)

2. JanvanEsch

JanvanEsch New Member

As for the rumour:
    They don't 'get' a car. They get a lease-car for as long as they have the A-status from the dutch olympic comittee. And it's not a BMW, it's 'just' a VW.

#22 JanvanEsch, May 18, 2004
    Last edited: May 18, 2004
  3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    JanvanEsch, thanks for the clarification. that's much more believable than a free car.

i got the info from some Chinese news articles. the report obtained the info from Yao Jie. i guess between the communications of the various parties, the details (ie. lease vs. free) wasn't very clearly specified.

i wonder where Eva is. haven't seen her in BF for a while!

4. Kelvin

Kelvin Regular Member

Student
    LOL

Thank you JanvanEsch.

I chose BMW because I work for the company :p hence the slight brand bias...

VW's are fine as well, very nice deal indeed!!

Perform well at your most favorite sport, and get a demo/lease vehicle from the Dutch comittee for being top players :D

Sounds fantastic to me!!

5. Eva

Eva Regular Member

Hai there! Here I am again!

It's really strange to be at home again, sitting behind my imac...after beeing in Jakarta for the Thomas and Ubercupfinals.. Hmm now I am wondering what to tell you about it.. I guess everyone knows what the scores were ( including my -chanceless- doubles game against the chinese :rolleyes: ) so I won't bore you with another matchreport...

To make a quick summary..here are some key words..

Team, Uber cup, Thomas cup, training, performance, welcome dinner, Istora senayan,security, indonesia, china, playing, party girls, orange

For a bit more detailed image...see below..

team = I think thats very important...to be a team througout the tournament. To have a good teamspirit.. It can really be the difference between win and loss.. I am so glad we had a good atmosphere in the team..and i think we showed it!

Uber cup = Well thats the prize the girls were all playing for..including us.. It would be great to win it sometimes..but at the moment are the chinese just too strong!

Thomas cup = kind of the same as mentioned above only than for men and...slightly (that is an understatement)...more popular than the Ubercup-event

training = We did...and without airconditioning very very hot!

performance = We didn't only performed on court..but also on stage! Very funny with Brenda and Lotte as singers...they are crazy! And after their performance at the Welcome dinner I was on stage as well !!( I am a bit more shy so I was glad most of the people had already left! :) We even were performing together on stage with Wong Choon Han!, and afterwards we joked about making a record..(never met him before actually very nice guy!)

Istora Senayan= The stadium where it all happend..I will never forget a fully packed stadium (over 10.000 people) during the Thomas cup semifinal ( denmark-indonesia) To say it in American style...THAT WAS AWESOME!

security= A lot has been said about this subject.. Too bad for some of the teams they weren't allowed to go out of the hotel (due to insurancy issues etc) We were lucky enough to be allowed, and see a bit more of Jakarta than only the stadium and the hotel.

indonesia= We beat the Ubercupteam..hurray! To bad that their Thomas cup team didn't make it to the final...I would have liked to see the stadium full again on sunday.. But the danish team did very well...congrats by making it to the final guys!

china = great players..without Jie and Mia in the team..not to be beaten by us..(especially in doubles...in singles Judith and Karina were giving them a good fight) The thomas cup team...really strong..

(I'm not really in to chinese guys.. but if I had to choose the best looking guy...cai yun ;) haha )

playing= it was really great that we ( Paulien and me) were given the opportunity to play against the chinese..We knew we didn't have a chance but the experience was great. Too bad that I didn't play my best game..maybe it was the wind, maybe we were impressed..or maybe they were just so good that we didn't even got the chance to 'play'. I hope in the future we can give them a better fight..

party girls = our nickname! Well I don't really mind that one. As long as the party doesn't have a bad influence on the results..we had great fun and that is what really matters right?!

orange = national color!

Well...i could go on for hours but i guess this is already a lot..
    please ask me if you want to know more!

Eva :D

6. seven

seven New Member

Computing Engineer
    Hi Eva,

nice report, it must have been a wonderful experience!!! :D

keep going and having fun, next time you will win! :)

7. Pecheur

Pecheur Regular Member

Sounds like you had a great time and you learnt and experienced lots.

You girls definately looked like the party team with the coolest outfits on court, who chose those? We also want pics of you singing on stage ;)

Really cool to here from someone who was there and playing (well beside Jonas since everyone was watching him).

Not into Chinese guys? Aww you've just broken the hearts of probably 80-90% of the guys on this website ;)

#27 Pecheur, May 19, 2004
    Last edited: May 19, 2004
  8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Very hot:) That's a good training environment:)

Not into chinese guys?:( you've broken some hearts there (I need a crying smilie) :(

But we can still be friends, right? Please say yes!!... LOL

9. siesta

siesta Regular Member

You girls definately looked like the party team with the coolest outfits on court, who chose those? We also want pics of you singing on stage ;)
    yeah, dutch uber team's uniform is cool..
    but my fav is south Korea's :)
    btw, i noticed that the girls' uniforms came in skirts...
    a little competition with tennis players? :D

10. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Lol... be careful Cheung...

Don't want to see u real crying face, if u have to be punished and live in hall way from now on. :D

11. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Orange, when i 1st read this, I was holding one in my hand. I was like, "wow, finally I got something in common with elite!!!" :D

After finish reading, oh well... still enjoyed it... :D

12. mirrura

mirrura Regular Member

part time dreamer
    nice....You people are enjoying yourself playing for UC!! No pressure, nothing, just went there and learn!!~~

Performed on stage...hhmm...heard that you ppl sang some songs but with Wong Choong Hann?? That's cool, what song did he sing with you girls?

Aww...not interested in Chinese guys?? Nvm ;) ...one man's meat is another man's poison, eh

Right after playing against the Chinese players, how did you feel? Any disappointment or what? :D

I love your outfit...blueish and whiteish...that best outfit on court during the UC...even beat the guys' outfits!!

13. jaclyn

jaclyn Regular Member

student
    wonder how choong hann's sound like........ :D

14. Eva

Eva Regular Member

haha...:)

I don't think there are any photo's from our performance at the welcome dinner..as a said..lucky enough about everyone had left when we went up stage.. We did 'No woman, no cry' by bob marely.. There was a jamaican guy dooing the the lyrics and choon han and another malaysian guy (guess an doubles player) were the backing vocals.. Lotte me and brenda were the dancers! :D
    Uhm...and how does he sound? I don't know if I'll hurt him by saying this..but. "don't give up your badmintoncarreer to become a singer choon han! ;)"...He got some 'moves' though! :D

The outfit was chosen by Lotte Bruil I guess..I called it 'the bathing suit' because after echt training or match we played it was soking wet! And then it looked like one.

About chinese guys....exceptions always can be made in this matter ;)

After playing against the chinese I wasn't really dissapointed.. we knew there was about no chance that we could win. I felt dissapointed by my own play though..There could have been a lot more interesing rallys..

xx eva

15. Tezta.com

Tezta.com Regular Member

I stay at home as much as possible
    Eva, its too bad your coach felt it wasnt safe enough to go out in Jkt... Its actually much safer than people think, provided you are with a local or at least if one of your teammembers speaks indo.

16. Pecheur

Pecheur Regular Member

So when do we get a pick of the outfit soaking wet ;)

Now you're just being a tease ;)

PS To the more clueless amongst you I'm joking on both counts :p
    PPS Why does amongst look like I spelt it wrong? It looks even worse with a "u".

17. Zax

Zax Regular Member

badminton promotor :)
    photos

The Dutch girls singing at the Welcome dinner...

Attached Files:

#37 Zax, May 31, 2004
    Last edited: May 31, 2004