Is it LD irony?

Discussion in 'Bitburger / China Masters / Japan Open 2010' started by dassad, Sep 11, 2010.

1. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

I think it can be considered as a theory, maybe a bit far-fetched for me but plausible to others. Everyone have their opinions...

2. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    i would say the recent funny one would be the theory of lin dan and lyb behind chen jin's win in the wc 2010

that was hilarious ....

but plausible?

yes, hilariously plausible!

3. dassad

dassad Regular Member

developer
    21-11 21-17
    so.. what was a reason to miss World Championship? World! Championship!

4. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    Tomorow he'll have to face the Frenchman Leverdez, who defeated Hsieh

5. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

SIMPLE win by Lin Dan. This shows that he is always motivated at home, because he needs to please his fans or risk losing support!

6. Ajaib

Ajaib Regular Member

Berdagang
    i think that Lin Dan will never loosing support from his fans.... considering what he has achieved for CHINA TEAM .!! :)

7. volcom

volcom Regular Member

PSH has no chance when LD is serious :)

8. dassad

dassad Regular Member

developer
    Did someone see the game? WAS it a game, in fact?

9. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    no just a friendly match as expected

10. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    I watched LD-PSH match in WC10 2X. LD sure looked 'not motivated', 'who care', like 'no hurry', like 'tidak apa'...I think PSH is such a boring fella that put LD to sleep in WC10 (actually PSH put me to sleep too:D:p) and painfully slowed the game down....unlike playing against TH, PG and esp LCW, LD would be pumped up and those 3 fellas are like adrenalin rush for LD.
    Maybe the strategy to play LD is for the fans, coach and media not boost too much, show no emotion during the game and wear a long face as if someone died in the family and that may produce better outcome playing LD:D:p.

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..LD might win vs. PSH, rather easily i might add, but he still could lose before reaching the Final (there's still another Korean dude in the fray in his half; let's see)..
    ..wow, you really think so, eh??..surprised you are on the same side as my thinking..;)..i know there are a few who think LD lost vs. PSH in the recent WC was because he wasn't well prepared (because of the CBSL), needed more resting and prep time, PSH was better etc. ;)

#31 ctjcad, Sep 15, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2010
  12. BriceLeverdez

BriceLeverdez Regular Member

Study
    Yay !:) Let's go Lin Dan ! Recently i had the opportunity to play against 3 top 5 players, everyone will be watching ! no pressure for me, just have fun & enjoying Chinese food :p

13. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    it might be the other way around :eek: as PSH has proven at WC:cool: which is the much higher ranked , so CM is kinda low ranked tourney:D compared to OG or WC - hope we do not need to discuss that!:D may be CM is higher ranked as AG which is something nobody should care so much since some WC medalists, former WC (not to talk about the excluded African champs!):rolleyes: .... are excluded by default. Anyway- a short recap of
    the match today: PSH was searching his touch at the net in first game, some good rallies, some bad luck - he gave it away saving power, nothing to complain. In second game - that was close, PSH played much better, so it was a close match, PSH leading most of the game, using the right tactics, getting much better into the match. But there were two line calls in favour of LD, and this were critical situations for LD - - guys check out if you get the recordings, - first time (some points before the 2 bad calls coming up later) LD complaint quite angry a call in favour of PSH which was an absolutely correct call- there was nothing to complain but LD did, simply a very bad behaviour since he was next watching the shuttle which landed clearly in but he wanted an 'out call' - it was not sport men like! - I hate that, who ever is doing it. In the crusual situations next times the line judges made the calls in favour of LD - it was shown in slow motion replay - check it out and make up your own mind. Differently from what LD did before, PSH did not much complain, he simply didn't believe what the line judges did, he accepted the calls (probably knowing there was nothing he could change on court - that was sportsmen like!) djoz happens - so after that he gave it away.

14. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..oh no..not another line judging/patriotic linesjudges issue & controversy in the China Masters...

15. Thom_bad

Thom_bad Regular Member

Student
    2 years later the debate goes on............

16. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    LD appears to be not interested or 'bored' on court...LD hardly smashed...I gave credit to PSH for able to slow down the game that LD cannot gets his rhythm and bored LD to tears:crying:...this is like you went on a blind date and find out you rather go home read a book...better still, have a beer or 2, like what am I doing here, it is a looong night...LOL!!:D:p

17. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..i think it's more like PSH taking advantage of LD's lack of motivation, boredom, uninterested focus, whatever in their 2010 WC match..:p

18. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Okay, jokes aside, honestly...the way LD played in WC10 was like in EAG, he was primed for a KO anyway. Lacking was LD fluid, fast movement, slow reaction, poor defense, hardly attack which is his strong point...all these happened on a night when LD was clearly out of the game. Maybe, there was lead weighing in his shoes, LD was one step too slow.

19. pBmMalaysia

badminton coach
    ya right, lin dan wasn't the same this time;)

can't loose twice in a row, can you? especially this one in your own homeland:D

he could be thrown with lots of bad eggs and sausages! :D

i don't know whether jia yu fans accept this when i say psh wasn't motivated this time

and to add the poor line call in favor of lin dan :eek: lol ;)

anyway this time lin dan is better prepared at least mentally;)

meanwhile i will be waiting for theories from some hard core lin dan fan

it thrills me! especially the last one lyb-ld-cj in wc10 :p:p:p:p

20. dassad

dassad Regular Member

developer
    oh..
    so cool to see how LD plays when he's in focus.
    it wasn't easy game (1:7 second set!) but it was certainly mentally easy game. LD wasn't in troubles anytime in fact. PSH didn't put him to some unpleasant sort of play. He is welldone defender, but he stayed all the game at the opposite side of the net and just watched how LD plays. It was a bit more attacks in second set may be..
    But how LD changed! What an excellent net play especially at the 1st set, what deep spasms - 19:11 at first set!
    An amazing footwork.. when he's in, it's a final product