Dakar, Senegal - Any badminton players out there?

Discussion in 'Places to play / Clubs / Local Events' started by webolution, Sep 22, 2010.

1. webolution

webolution Regular Member

I am moving to to Dakar, Senegal in November and am I badminton addict. Any players there. I know that there is no federation, that is already a bad start! :crying::crying::crying:
    Please send me any information/contacts you may have.
    Thank you!

2. webolution

Keeping this threat alive, hoping that some new Expats who play badminton are arriving in Dakar for the new season...

3. mbouffioux

mbouffioux New Member

badminton Club in Dakar

Hi there,

I am also interested in Badminton, I arrive in march 2012 in Dakar and I found a website maybe this can be help you...I play for about 15 years and I have B2 ranking in Belgium
    http://www.dakarfeeling.com/art-de-vivre/sport-a-loisirs/136-mettez-vous-au-badminton.html

Maybe we 'll see each other in Dakar during a badminton session ;-)
    Can you contact me again if you are registered to this club (which seems not to be veray professionnal but it's at least sthg to start with..)
    Kind Regards,

Marie

4. webolution

Hello Marie
    wow, this is good news - I can't wait for your arrival! I am a very active member of the club you have seen featured on dakarfeeling - but unfortunately the level of play is not as good as it seems.
    Your arrival will certainly be much appreciated ...

Just make sure you stock-up no equipment - especially strings and shuttles are very hard to get here.

Call me once you arrive: +221 77 332 7905

Andy

5. mbouffioux

mbouffioux New Member

dakar

Excellent news for you that you can play badminton there!! I can imagine that the level is not so good but that's already something :)

We arrive in March (my boyfriend found a job in Dakar) and as a consequence, I have to find a job... but a few time after my installation (work and home), you will hear about me for sure!! I will miss the badminton so much..;-( and which ranking have you?
    by the way what are you doing in Dakar/where do you work? expatriate as well?

Regards,
    Marie

6. jainil974

jainil974 Regular Member

NGO
    Salut Marie et Andy,

J'ai pendant 1,5an moi aussi cherché pendant longtemps un endroit sur Dakar où jouer, mais le site dakarfeeling n'existe plus, le numéro de Andy est toujours valable mais ne répond pas, et je commence à désespérer... Etes-vous toujours sur Dakar??
    Si oui, merci de me faire signe, ça me ferait super plaisir de trouver des joueurs!
    Mon numéro 77 819 49 04
    Merci encore,
    Jaïnil

7. Imran Hussain

Imran Hussain New Member

any one in Dakar plays Badminton?

8. fab642

fab642 New Member

any one in Dakar plays Badminton ?