Draw of French Open 2010

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open / French Open 2010' started by kming, Oct 19, 2010.

1. kming

kming Regular Member

Computer
  2. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Possible scenario that Taufik will take on Wang Zhengming at R/32.

Here's xls format :

Attached Files:

3. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Mak/Tan is missing! :(

GWS/TKS has to meet MB/CM early again, provided that they clear their first round hurdle. In Denmark, they meet MB/CM in 1st round. I hope they can drag them to rubber games. Fairuz/Ong should kaput in 2nd round, Zakry/Hoon has chance to go QF.

Very weak MS field, again another chance for Gade and Taufik as well as Boonsak.

4. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

Relatively good draw for Taufik, Kido/Hendra, Vita/Nadya........

5. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Such a weak standard of draws, for a Super Series tournament. The standard, is only about GP Gold standard not SS.:) No top China, only Taufik from Indo and no Mas, for the MS draw.

6. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    low standard?:confused: they have the runner up and also the bronce medalist from last edition of World Championships in MS - there is nothing (better say nobody) better they can get!:cool: considering that the raining champ himself seems still to be injured:confused: but I hope he's doing better and gets ready for the Asian games, I want to see the best players available all the time everywhere. So in Denmark and France we get them in MS, hope there is no doubt about that!:D
    If some players (or may be their organisations) don't like to go or send them, it's not the host's fault! They simply do their best.
    I hope everybody sends the complains to the correct adress in favour of good baddy events!
    @LD rules: please post a copy and a translation of your letter to CBA here, guess if it's ok lotta buddies will copy that and send as well, even I doubt it would help much, but let's start and see what happens:eek:, just take action - it all starts with small steps, that's how we got down the wall here (that is another story LOL):cool:

7. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Ok, maybe I was a bit harsh, it's just incomparison to the majority of other SS events this year, this one lacks most of the top Asian players: here is a list of strong MS players that I can think of, who are missing from the draw:

CHN: LD, CJ(Injured) BCL, CL
    MAS: LCW, HH, WCH
    INA: SS, SDK (Injured ??)
    JPN: KT
    VTN: NTM
    KOR: PSH, SWH

Last time I checked the CBSL finished a couple of months ago, ok the AG is approaching, but surely some of these players, could play in French SS or Denmark SS for that matter. :)

No point in sending an email to CBA or BAM, or PBSI for that matter, you won't get a response, it's a bit like sending an email to Bill Gates asking for money, he isn't going to reply:)

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..not unless BWF, themselves, put some kind of ruling/regulation requiring those associations to send their top players to play or else hefty penalties will be imposed. Or change the scheduling, which is also going to be a challenge. Those are the only things i can see which can prevent those top players from skipping the SS.
    On the other hand, missing the top players might also be good news to the rest of the competitors as it gives an opportunity for the SS-title-less players (like TH) a chance to win a SS title and $$$ (for those in need of it).:cool:

#8 ctjcad, Oct 19, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
  9. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    hmmm - we should not always blame on BWF, first of all the people in the countries have to request their national associations to send their players, I know that is somehow strange for the Chinese since they do love their national league (as even we do, but we put a different schedule on it - like the dans do also). But for others it might work.
    @LD rules: don't give up before you even have started! with such an attitude we would still have the wall and I wouldn't know anything about baddy:eek:
    and by the way: Bill donates millions of dollars each and every year for usefull things - and here you don't ask for money, they gonna get money! LOL

#9 kuwichert, Oct 19, 2010
  10. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Yeah, good point :) however it's rather disappointing, I am sure the French crowd (who have great support for badminton) would be disapponted to discover that not alot of the big stars are coming, only a few. it also makes it harder for the tournament organisers to gain interest for the tournament, without LCW, LD, CJ etc.

About the standard, well.... since when was Palayama, even able to be given a seeding at a SS event ? I have never seen that before, furthermore, I can see players that don't usually make it through the first round of qualification for the SS events, are in the main draw of this SS.

Anyway one of my new favourite players is in the draw for both French SS and Denmark SS, Christian Lind Thomsen :)

#10 LD rules!, Oct 19, 2010
  11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..you can suggest that to BAM, PBSI, KBA and see what their response will be; tell them to send their top players to these 2 SS and see what will be their response..TH and MK & HS are independents..
    Unless BWF puts forth the regulations/hefty penalties and expects the other associatons to follow or work on their scheduling, we'll see the same thing in the future.

#11 ctjcad, Oct 19, 2010
  12. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    no, I adress my complains (if there are any like the stupid schedule of a club event while the top guns were fighting in Jakarta at the INA open, it's like scheduling the German Tennis Championships in the Wimbledon week!) to the DBF - and believe it or not, they do answer! I don't ask BAM to send Datuk to events, that task belongs to the Malaysian baddy fans

13. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

I agree the the field is somewhat weak. Even players who are 1st and 2nd round cannon fodder are seeded! :eek:
    This is at most GP Gold level, but hey, the $$ is still SS $$ and SS title level, so no one will be complaining! :)

14. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Hey, what more you want...? Playing in a GP level tournament, getting SS level prize money.....and SS level WR points.........

Good for every one who play........enjoy ! LOL

15. xavYPC

xavYPC Regular Member

good news for every player...plus with not many top player present it should be perfect hunting ground for backup player to get something :)

16. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    may be spectators complain, since they do not reduce ticket prices according to the quality of players attending the tourney

17. xavYPC

xavYPC Regular Member

im sure spectators wont be complaining much if their local player do well in the tournament...hopefully they give something for audience to cheer

18. kuwichert

kuwichert Regular Member

consultant
    how to judge the progress of your local players if they do not play the big guns? spectators paying SS prices want to see SS quality, not only watch the local heroes winning - they can do that already by watching local league matches ! - and they do so, believe me, at least in Europe it is like that. We want to have the best players perfoming the best entertainment available - there is not that much patriotism, it is still a game!

19. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..right now, the focus is on Denmark Open SS and French Open SS. And unfortunately, the Asian Games is the main hindrance to those top Asian MS players from coming & competing. But since you want to see Datuk & CHN players play, just ask any BC members, from M'sia & INA & CHN if they would complain to CBA, BAM or PBSI about their top players missing the Denmark Open SS and French Open SS in favor of preparing for the Asian Games. I bet the majority wouldn't mind their players missing the DO and FO SS and would put the importance of the Asian Games more than the DO and FO SS. Why the associations would do so? because the lax regulations/rulings/penalties from BWF on their SS tourneys.
    If you made a complain to DBF abt the GER players missing the INA Open because of the club event/schedule, what was their response?..

#19 ctjcad, Oct 20, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  20. HaoFung

HaoFung Regular Member

they got the WC this year ^^

u cant get everything... besides the French Open has been among the very few SS that LD havent skipped on a regular basis