Jan O Jorgensen

Discussion in 'Denmark Professional Players' started by TedTheFarmer, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Peter-Gade-Fan

Peter-Gade-Fan Regular Member

Jan has talent

Im from Denmark and even though i would like him to be the next Peter Gade, I dont think he can be it. Peter Gade has had an amazing carreer. and to put a young unexperienced Jan O Jorgensen up against the carreer of Peter Gade is a little unfair.
    In Denmark we often speak about Jan overtaking Peter Gades title as Denmarks best singles player. But With so many great players in the Badminton world today, i dont think that Jan can be number one, i hope it off all my red and white heart.

2. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    After KJ retirement, peter G. will too retire one day, it's good to see denmark has a decent MS player to fill in the shoe for denmark. How good or far JOJ will become is hard to say but right now, he is still improving.

3. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I think JOJ has the right mental make up to compensate for his other shortcomings. He comes across as a player no one wants in the draw because he's able to find ways to win. If he keeps working on the technical side of his game, I think he could be in the top 5 in 2 years.

4. jug8man

jug8man Regular Member

MultiTasked guy, Stress Addict, Leisure Bum, mad c
    I really agree with your observation about JOJ strengths.

5. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    Jorgensen a threat to my reign, says Chong Wei

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2010/1/11/sports/5446443&sec=sports

“To me, the Dane was very impressive last year. He gave most of the top players a run for their money. I am sure he will mount a stronger challenge this year,” said Chong Wei.

“Usually, it will be the same old faces trying to share the spoils. Hopefully, more players like Jorgensen will rise up. This will certainly make the world of badminton more challenging and interesting,” he said

i had watch the match between joj and simon
    he only lack a few more things(better defence+ better stratergy) to be a top 3 player in future
    will watch him against dicky (in copenhagen master)as soon as i can:)

6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    thats the correct way to groom player

1st,strengthen ur basic and foundational in every aspect of ur game
    2nd,get enough experience on court

the asociation of denmark get it all correct!
    they had strengthen the basic and foundational in every aspect of joj before 2009
    then they send joj all over the world to get enough experience

joj had played 20 tournament this year
    8 super series,2 invitation(copenhagen master and ss master final:p),2 bwf event(wc and sudirman cup),1 gp gold,2 gp,3 international challenge,1 domestic circuit league and 1 european mixed team championship
    he had won the swedish ic and bitburger open this year
    remain unbeaten in both european mixed team championship
    he played 57 matches with a total duration of 2187 minutes

thats enable a player to polish up their game,tactic and skill with that kind of amont of duration against some top player like lindan,lee chong wei,peter gade,taufik,simon santoso,chen jin;)

and now we can see how much joj had improved since the 1st week of 2009:)
    the denmark asociation didnt ask for result at the 1st place
    they understand that no one can suddenly burst into the screen and start to win directly at such young age(i only know koo/tan,lee yong dae and taufik can;))
    and they keep sending joj all over the place despite no much good result at the 1st half of the year.
    12 tournament in european and 8 at asia
    i believe their fund is alot less than bam;)
    thats the different of sight from the decider of the asociation lead to a different result

thats funny that when we see,arif is just 19 at that time and keep playing in 10++ tournament in 2008 then keep on losing,then suffer some big blow to his confident,see what he end up now;)

a big clap for badminton asociation of denmark
    u earn my respect:)

7. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Looking forward to see his 1st round match against taufik in the 1st round:)

i predict the match will last till the 3rd set;)
    this should be a cracker..

8. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

We shall see..

..how JOJ performs this yr? Will he continue to improve his game (winning more tourneys against better players) or stay relatively stagnant?..Also, it'll be interesting to see how his body holds up and if he can stay out of injuries, throughout this yr, esp. with the fact that he's been sent to and most likely continue to participate in many tourneys.

9. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

If TH plays in his SSMF form, I tip Jan O' for the win. :p
    If Taufik REALLY loses, it will show the steep downhill of his career :( Although many people already said that he was just a ghost of how he was several years back then,,.

10. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    O! What an amazing feeling for Jorgensen

Here is a Danish player who got promoted not too long ago from the junior to the senior team and has demonstrated the good qualities of being a future rising star. Hope he can continue his good work and inspire especially European players that they can challenge Asia in the international arena.

The Star Online > Sports
    Friday January 22, 2010

AS a junior shuttler, Denmark’s Jan O Jorgensen used to watch in awe the captivating moves of Indonesian Taufik Hidayat on the court.

So, how did it feel to actually beat his idol for the first time – in the first round of the Malaysian Open – on Wednesday?

Jorgensen: "It was quite fun to beat him (Taufik) here.'
    “It was an amazing feeling,” said the 22-year-old Dane, who won 7-21, 21-19, 21-17.

The win has given him a huge dose of confidence as he seeks to reach greater heights this year.

Taufik is just one of the many big names to have fallen to Jorgensen over the last year. His other big scalps included that of his more illustrious compatriot Peter-Gade Christensen, China’s Chen Jin and Malaysia’s Lee Chong Wei.

“Peter and Taufik are my idols. I like Taufik’s style of play and I always makes it a point to watch his game. It was quite fun to beat him here. It was amazing,” said Jorgensen.

The transition from being a talented junior to the senior level, however, was not an easy one for the Dane.

But, like he said, he had the self-belief to make it happen.

“There have been small breakthroughs before the World Champion-ships last year. I defeated Chen Jin at the Singapore Open. That got me thinking that I had a chance to make it happen,” said Jorgensen.

“Then, I reached the quarter-finals of the world meet. I lost to Taufik but it was a close affair. All these were good things for me. I began to believe in myself. I believe in training ... it is so important to give that commitment (under coach Kenneth Jonasen).

“At home, I try to learn from Peter about being professional in training. He is so devoted and takes his training seriously.”

With his desire to improve, Jorgensen reached his first final in the China Open and ended the year with the Copenhagen Masters title.

“I always play in good spirit and am always fighting no matter what the situation. This explains how I could come back from a demoralising 7-21 defeat in the first game to Taufik,” said Jorgensen.

With his steady rise, Jorgensen hopes to be a new threat in the world of badminton, which has been dominated by the likes of Lin Dan, Chong Wei, Peter, Taufik, Chen Jin and Bao Chunlai for some time.

“In future, I hope to be the best from Europe to challenge the Asian shuttlers. This year, I hope to win my first Open title and give Denmark a big lift in the Thomas Cup Finals,” added Jorgensen.

Attached Files:

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    so
    only lindan and bao chun lai he had not beaten yet;)
    if ntm doesnt upset bcl in 2nd round,joj should have slay bcl down;)

12. oonyz

oonyz Regular Member

Reply !!!

Apparently JOJ lost to NTM in quarter finals of MAS Open,to be honest didn't see that coming nor expected that.Probably JOJ not familiar with NTM style of play yet.I'm sure it will be a different ball game when they meet again.I will be watching with relish at the All England 2010 as I'll be going for the semifinals.Praying Lee Chong Wei makes it to semifinals as I'm from Malaysia.Not going to be easy for him at all as SDK,Simon and Lin Dan will be joining.I am sure many players would have analyzed LCW's game at KO and MAS Open.I am hoping Lee Chong Wei will turn the tables on Lin Dan this time.Really tired of seeing Lin Dan winning already.:eek:

13. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    JOJ doesnt has good defense and NTM just attack non-stop... smash smash smash... mighty MOUSE

14. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    when joj have a relatively solid defence
    he will be the leading force of the likes tanongsak,kenihchi tago to challenge the current top four:)

15. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    joj had climb to his personal career high to world ranking number 9:)
    if he participate in german open(most probably) and if he win(he capable to)
    he will reach wr 7 in the following week:eek:

16. badders7

badders7 Regular Member

joj is not participating in german open, only all england (2nd round last year) and swiss open (semi final last year)

17. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    ouch
    bad news for me
    but great news for the paticipater in german open:p

18. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

JOJ gets his first SS title!..

Gratz to JOJ for disappointing Taufik (and his many fans) once again...or maybe Taufik gifted the win to him??..;)
    anyway, here's a brief video from youtube of JOJ's winning match pt. and his reaction afterward..:cool:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZd0E-C0GxY

[video=youtube;RZd0E-C0GxY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZd0E-C0GxY[/video]

19. xavYPC

xavYPC Regular Member

taufik just had a bad day plus JOJ playing well...taufik racket string keep snapping during important point in the game at one point taufik almost throw his racket on the floor with frustrated look on his face...

20. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..with his experience and level of skills, even if he had lost this match, i would expect Taufik to force at least a rubber game...I haven't seen the complete match, but that match point sequence (in the video) didn't look like an experienced Taufik at all..