Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. DeathStalker

DeathStalker Regular Member

student
    haha, you really crazy.
    Ya, n50 is flexible like n77. Even i used flexible racket, i find n50 more flexible, which suits my taste now. Good feel when smash:cool:

2. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Yeah, I like the extra bit of power it gives my smashes...and since it feels so light, my smashes are still powerful with it, despite the "high" tension. The extra headweight of the N50II makes the smashes even more powerful though...but it's not as fast around the net. Really depends on my agility and shape of the day, if I mishit with N50 or dont get behind the shuttle the shots are very weak - so playing with the lower tension is easier and my arm doesnt hurt if I mishit occasionally.

3. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    If your N50 is as flexible as a N77 it has to be a fake!! All genuine N50s are significantly stiffer than genuine N77s..

/Twobeer

4. epermana

epermana Regular Member

It is possible that although N50 is supposed to be stiffer but its longer shaft makes it feel more flexible?

5. jebatdurhaka

jebatdurhaka Regular Member

taneepak,
    the answer is 'no'. all 3 rackets were weighed with their original grip and no string. nothing extra ..

talking about stiffness of N50 ..
    i used to have ns9900 and arc10. definitely ns9900 is stiffer. to my hand, N50 is about the same flexibility with arc10 ... BUT better in maneuvarability. and somehow the power is more accessible compare to arc10 ..

or could be that I'm getting better .. hehehe :D

6. johnchang

johnchang Regular Member

none
    Anybody ever tried a LN Rocks 500 racket? If so what do you think?

7. DeathStalker

student
    ic... even if getting from sunlight could b fake?

8. juventus1

juventus1 Regular Member

after trying all my li-ning rackets... i mean N90, N90II classic, N90II, N50, N50II.

only N90, N90II, N90II classic has no vibration when hitting the shuttles.

I really like N90 because of it raw power!

N90II are slightly down size in terms of power, i guess this is the reason why Lin dan still use N90. N90II is more agile as compared to its first generation and that's why it can be used for doubles.

N50II's power is significantly lesser that the N90, but due to the better swing speed, it make up for the power loss. there is slight vibration for this racket that may account for the loss of accuracy.

9. DeathStalker

student
    N90 edition rackets are really powerful... too bad for me, till the 4th or 5th game, punctured due to its heaviness.. haha

10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Now that you guys pointed it out, sometimes there is a slight vibration in the racket - but for me, thats only after I hit smashes, when I stop the racket. Not when I hit the shuttle....

11. XtremeCoolz

XtremeCoolz Regular Member

anyone tried the new N70II or N33II? which one to buy if i already had a N50II? looking for something different :D

12. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Nah, didnt have the chance to. The only shop I could find that sells those is badmintonshoponline.us, and I havent played my N70 in a long time, so I'm not too sure about whether I want the 2nd version or not. The N33II, I wouldnt get anyway, as the N33 is much cheaper now in Germany. Seems that it didnt sell too well.....but I'm still out of money for badminton, so I wont get a new racket soon. Hope somebody can gives us a short feedback on those two, and any other 2nd generation model apart from N50 and N90.

13. XtremeCoolz

Hm. It's seems that N70 is quite standing out among all the first generation rackets too. I wonder how 2nd generation will be. Anyway I will get one of the new 2nd generation soon, probably that 2, depending on my exam results=.=..

14. DeathStalker

student
    Yup, that's what i felt with n50

15. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

I have the N33-II... It's my current go to racket... I do have a N70, N90, N50-II and N90-II and a N77(very briefly)... I find the N33-II very very easy to use overall, it's a quick racket with pretty decent power, nowhere near N90 but it's faster and overall as a package I find it more suitable for me... It's not as fast as a Precision from Sir Dink but it's still a pretty fast racket... I might buy a N70-II or N55-II later to try it but of my current LN's I actually use the N33-II the most...

16. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Thanks Jason. Where did you get the 2nd gen LN? The only shop I could find was badmintononlineshop.us, and their delivery takes some time. My order has not arrived yet, ordered 12 days ago =>8-10 working days (depends on whether you count Sat.). The N70II is a bit more interesting for me as I prefer a bit of headweight and could use it for singles as well - I have enough doubles rackets :D

17. XtremeCoolz

mind to do a short comparison btw the few li ning N series racket u got?

18. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

If you meant me, here it is - if not, sorry for the long post :D

N70
    My first LN racket. Slightly head-heavy, flex: medium+/stiff-, medium/heavy weight.
    A very controlled racket, handles pretty quickly for the high BP and weight. High accuracy on dropshots, smashes, and around the net. A bit heavy for long drive-against-drive duels, but fast enough for most doubles. Smashes are powerful enough, but not as much as N90/N90II/N50II, and just slightly less than N50. Might be the string though, only racket to be strung with BG65@~23lbs.
    Defense is quick and accurate, just slightly below the N50, on par with N50II.
    Good for: singles, doubles, mixed.

N90 (strung with BG80@24lbs):
    My second LN, and most powerful racket I've played with. Very head-heavy, stiff, medium weight.
    This is the racket for those who base their game on powerful smashes. It feels very solid and heavy when connecting with a shuttle, which makes clears pretty effortless. Good accuracy on dropshots and smashes. A bit slow around the net, driving for a long time is very tiring. Only good in doubles/mixed if you play a lot from the back and grip it pretty high when coming forward. Slow defense.
    This racket requires the most power. Gets easier to play with if you have much wrist power.
    Good for: singles, back players in doubles/mixed.

N90II (BG80@24lbs):
    A lighter, stiffer version of the N90, thus making it more suitable for doubles players (still, not for net players, but faster around the net if you HAVE to get to the front) and increasing the accuracy for dropshots and around the net. It feels less head-heavy, so clears require a bit more timing/technique, but in long games, its less tiring than the N90 to swing around.

N50 (BG80@24-25lbs):
    A very balanced racket. Even balance, medium+ flex, medium weight.
    A nice doubles racket. The medium+ flex shaft gives you much power in flat, fast exchanges, wth good accuracy. For me, the most accurate racket for drives or flat pushes to the back court. Powerful smash if you use it right: requires a faster swing than the N90s, but can generate nearly as much power. Dropshots are not as accurate as with the N70 or N90s. Defense is quick and accurate.
    Good for: doubles, mixed. Requires much effort in singles - not suitable there for me.

N50II (BG80@24lbs):
    A balanced, but powerful racket. Head-heavy balance, medium flex, medium+ weight.
    Also a nice doubles racket, but feels very different from the 1st gen. The shaft feels flexier, and the racket is slower. It's more powerful than the 1st version, making the smash more powerful than with the N50, N70, N90II (for me). But the increased weight and the flexy-feeling shaft are noticeable in defense, where it lacks a bit of the N50s speed and accuracy. On the other hand, its more suitable for singles, since clears require less effort.
    Good for: doubles (smash-based), mixed, singles.

19. DeathStalker

student
    j4ckie, a very good review... hope you have more money to buy more rackets and give your review on them :), bravo!

20. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Thanks. Nice to know you appreciate it, I hope its better than my first one. I used the N50II in singles yesterday, and I was surprised how easy it was to use. Clears were effortless, backhand clear is getting better (timings very different than with the N90) and around the net, it was much faster. Smashes were as powerful as usual. Great accuracy on the dropshots, only two or three of ~20 got behind the service line. If you like balanced rackets in singles, give this a try.