How many of you are still using your first racket?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by thejym, Aug 4, 2010.

?

How many of you are still using your first racket?

1. My first carbon racket is still my main racket

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. My first carbon racket is my backup racket

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I almost never use my first carbon racket

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other (sold, broken, lost, etc)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ting03

ting03 Regular Member

University Student
    D (other)

my first racquet was the old MP 44, headlight + flexible. I sold it to my friend and I think he still has it, gotta ask him to dig it up so i can see it again =D

2. Glocker

Glocker Regular Member

My first carbon racquet is also my first 'expensive' racquet; Carb 21 SP. I played it on-off until now, when I had to purchase another racquet for my gf to play doubles with me, a MusclePower 5. Alas, right after I bought it she got too busy with work, so I started trying it out and was impressed with ease of use and control due to its huge sweetspot (carb 21 has a tiny one). I'll only bring out the MP 5 when I can't make anymore mistakes; otherwise Carb 21 SP for life!

3. SamsonSun

SamsonSun Regular Member

Student
    My first racket is Victor Challenger Cls 9800... ¥RMB 230, three or four years ago...
    I still keep this racket, morn than three persons came to me wanted to buy this racket, i didnt sold it out...
    I want to keep it...
    This racket vitness a lot of happy times of mine...
    I love it, and this racket is out of stock now... Even pressiou for me....

4. wocdam

wocdam Regular Member

Professional
    my first carbon racket was an Ashaway 2500. was given to me almost 20years back by ZJH, when he did a demo here in SG for Ashaway. seldom used it now, but still in my bag. plays well and can take 24lbs easily.
    after that i have used a Boron 200, Prince 900XP, MP88, etc. all broke.

5. wristworks

wristworks Regular Member

My first racquet was a Ti-7. Still use it when my other racquet's getting restrung.

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I sold my first all carbon racquet in the heady days of my youth but still use the same model now more than 20 years later. Does that count?

7. fiish

fiish Regular Member

Engineer
    My first racket was a Carbonex 12SP handed down to me from my dad, unfortunately thanks to bad playing habits on my part it got broken earlier this year. :( Now have just one which is my Karakal MTEC-85.

8. nickspeed9900

nickspeed9900 Regular Member

RJCAF
    My first racket was Carbonex 8 very old 80's racket. It was broken :-( or else i'd keep it as back up in my arsenal until now.

9. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i have been playing badminton on and off since 3rd grade in HK and i'm in my 30s now just started getting serious. the racket i bought with my own money i earned from a part time job was the Yonex Isometric 800 sp and that was in high school in the US.

10. Airey

Airey Regular Member

Student
    If you are not using the rackets to it's potential, why buy first and let it sit there?
    By the time the person master the technique well, 5~10 years down the road, and can feel the difference between $50 racket and $300 one, there will be more advance racket in the market. His/Her money will be better spend on badminton shoes and some lessons. Getting into good habits in the beginning > trying to fix bad old habits.

It's just too rare for someone to buy the best equipment avail and expect to use it for 30 years as the main one.
    If they have the money, they'll more likely keep up with the most modern ones every year.
    If they have budget, they're prob wise consumer, don't see them putting eggs into 1 basket buy buying 1 top racket before getting into the sport.

11. sheringam

sheringam Regular Member

My first racket is Yonex MP25P. It's too flexible to use especially when defending smashes. I tried using it last week and asked my friends to smash as hard as possible, I can hardly return those smashes with this racket since it is a mid-flex racket.

12. loan_za

loan_za Regular Member

Unemployed
    my first racket was winnex ti8s about 6-7 years ago. Barely use it (hanging on the wall).

13. johnlowe88

johnlowe88 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    I voted B. My first all carbon racquet is the Carbonex 15. I did play with it until 2009, and now still play with the Carbonex 8, which is not all carbon - but have last week purchased a Nanospeed 7000 and a couple of Arcsaber 008T - which will hopefully become my main racquets - once I stop hitting the frame. Possibly because they are lighter than the old Carbonex ones - I must be mistiming my shots - but anyway, played once so far, will do so again on the weekend and eventually get used to the new racquets.

14. ArJay

ArJay Regular Member

My first racket Carbonex 7(1984) but has been stolen when i got into college...
    Now still using my carbonex 8(1988) as a spare racket...

15. Pabooo

Pabooo New Member

my first racquet was a carbonex 10 tour, now it's my backup.. i'm still using a mp55 as my main racquet.

16. sFrog

sFrog Regular Member

My first "carbon" racket was an old "Techno" for less than 40 squid... I smashed it to the ground at the age of 14 due to my loss in the finals at one tournament:eek:

Other rackets are sold or given away for little money

17. LemonPepsi

LemonPepsi Regular Member

N/A
    First racket is a CAB 21 (old YY logo). Been playing with NS9900, VT80, etc, still couldn't find anything close to it.

18. paulierand

paulierand Regular Member

still have my nanospeed 200 in my bag. but i only use it rarely in casual games. played with it yesterday and i have just outgrown it. i should sell it, haha.

19. Acumen

Acumen Regular Member

Just about 1 year playing badminton, dont know what is carbon racket as well.

1st racket is Apacs lethal head light and medium flex racket.

Not using it now but still in my bag cos can lend it to fren who doesnt have backup racket sometime.

20. Tactim

Tactim Regular Member

Nurse
    First racket was the Kason TSF 105 3U, though that broke from a crack in the racket from a string job error. That lasted about a year. I then got my Victor Artery Tec Ti-99, lasted me a year and half before i broke it in a bad clash accident. Got another one in the beginning of 2011 and also a Panda Power Trinity Pro, both are still in good condition. Tpro is my main racket while my AT-99 is my alternate racket. I still use the AT-99 about 25% of the time when I feel like using a heavier racket, but it's definitely going to stay as one of my permanent rackets to use in the future. It's also one hell of a deal for performance to price ratio.