Best of asics shoe line for badminton

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by djkalai, Jul 21, 2010.

1. uteh78

uteh78 Regular Member

Omage007.. i haven't checked the price.. my friend bought one pair last MYR300++, not sure blast 3 or sensei.. the latest version of gel rocket here is abt rm190.

2. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

Are the newer asics shoe getting any lighter (in weight)?

Previous models I tried have very good cushioning at the expense of being heavier.

3. Omage007

Omage007 Regular Member

IT software and hardware
    uteh78. . . indeed I am looking for Gel Rocket 5 also, cheapest I can get at Ipoh here is RM205, but after try it feel that still not wide enough for my wide feet, hoho. . . and after reading some reviews the Gel Blast 3 design are more suitable for wide feet one, that is why I am asking about it. . . since hon910 brought Blade 3 at RM280 so I wonder Blast 3 will be more expensive then Blade 3 or not?

4. uteh78

uteh78 Regular Member

Omage007, yes, new gel rocket i think won't suit you. You just go to the shop and try one by one, bring your sock that you use to play, so that you won't end up selling it cheap at Sell&Buy here.. hehehe. I have friend, who faces problem buying new shoes. He has wide feet same as you, but the big problem is, he is wearing size 5.5!!! Where to find? Kid or female version? Hehehe

Here is one of the latest version of gel rocket
    29102010332.jpg

5. uteh78

uteh78 Regular Member

Omage007, yes, new gel rocket i think won't suit you. You just go to the shop and try one by one, bring your sock that you use to play, so that you won't end up selling it cheap at Sell&Buy here.. hehehe. I have friend, who faces problem buying new shoes. He has wide feet same as you, but the big problem is, he is wearing size 5.5!!! Where to find? Kid or female version? Hehehe

6. uteh78

uteh78 Regular Member

Omage007, yes, new gel rocket i think won't suit you. You just go to the shop and try one by one, bring your sock that you use to play, so that you won't end up selling it cheap at Sell&Buy here.. hehehe. I have friend, who faces problem buying new shoes. He has wide feet same as you, but the big problem is, he is wearing size 5.5!!! Where to find? Kid or female version? Hehe

7. Omage007

Omage007 Regular Member

IT software and hardware
    uteh78, yes this is the shoes I try that day, Gel Rocket 5, same color also; I am using Nike Court Shuttle 3 now, size UK8, not really suitable for wide feet also. . .

8. what07

what07 Regular Member

I'm gonna be getting a new pair of Badminton shoes soon and the ones I can buy are the GEL-BLAST 3, GEL-BLADE 3, GEL-SENSEI 3 and GEL-1130V.

The reasons I chose these 4 is that my chiropractor can order them, so I need to choose by this week. Which one do you think is the best? getting tired of yonex.

9. hayashi

hayashi Regular Member

HYDROGRAPHIC SURVEYOR
    juz surveyed a few shop in klang valley as well with friend on asics shoes' price.
    basically for gel rocket is around rm220-rm190, gel blade 3 rm290-rm260 and gel forza3 rm350-rm320.
    but if u go to bts asics shop then it basically will cost u at least another extra rm50 on each price.
    think of buying a pair of red colour asics gel forza3, but so far no joy in market around.
    any1 can update me if u see any....

10. djkalai

djkalai Regular Member

Student
    what07: i think u shud buy gel blade 3 ... bt if u r heavy , its better u buy gel blast 3...

11. Aspire

Aspire Regular Member

Manager
    If any of you players out there wanted to purchase Asics shoes especially the Gel Rocket series, look for those with BN803 code.

Those model with this code are all made in Indonesia meaning to say in terms of quality and raw materials used (rubber grade for the sole) are better and longer lasting than those from China.

This was told to me by one of the Asics importer who is also my baddy mate.

12. djkalai

djkalai Regular Member

Student
    aspire : eah u r rite , my fren bought asics gel blade 3 made in china .... i tried it and its feel totally different, the cushion is very hard and workmanship aso nt nice...

13. hayashi

hayashi Regular Member

HYDROGRAPHIC SURVEYOR
    juz saw a brand new asics shoes bought by a fren of mine yesterday nite. it's d latest court shoes. if not mistaken named of asics gel prestige. but tried search on9 juz cant find any review or related info of it. any idea from those who have this info? initially im looking for gel forza 3 (red/black) but according to my fren it's will only re-enter the market by april next year even it's 2010 series.

14. djkalai

djkalai Regular Member

Student
    i guess that line of asics oni exist in south east asia countries .. u cnt find it online ..

15. Sportech

Sportech Regular Member

Student
  16. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

i have the Asics Gel Blade 3. they're quite good shoes. only thing is they don't offer as much lateral stability as the high end Yonex shoes. if only Asics started incorporating the lateral claw or something of the sorts.

17. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    I have Asics Gel Challenger 7's. Initially I didn't like them heaps, but I'm a big guy and the Yonex in the big sizes just don't have enough cushioning. They're marketed as tennis or general indoor court shoes, so the only real downside to them is they're a little bit on the heavy side. They use the same sole as the more expensive Gel Resolution, and are lighter. I did have some rubbing on the inside where the swoopy logo is stiched on, but after the shoes wore in it's no longer an issue.

4/5 Stars.

If I could've got them though, I would've got the Gel Domain 2, which are lighter again.

18. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    djkalai, where can i find asics baddy shoes in ipoh?

19. djkalai

djkalai Regular Member

Student
    u can find it in winner sports and ps sports . both of them are in old town ipoh ... i heard that nw winner sports having promotion fpr badminton attires... i try 2 go there and confirm the rumours later ...

20. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    exact location of winner sports?
    do both of them have a lot of asics models? or at least the hot models?