Voltric70 vs AT900T/P

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by alphapeta, Dec 1, 2010.

1. alphapeta

alphapeta Regular Member

Designer/Typographer
    So I'm told the Voltric 70 is supposed to replace the AT900T/P as these are being phased out. I had a dry swing with it recently, and it feels very light—and even balance. I know all about the stiff-shaft toward head etc/new Tri-Voltage system, but I can't see how this racket can equate to the same kind of power as the AT900. The racket swing speed is faster in comparison, but I think I would miss the weight in the head. Has anybody of a good standard played with this racket? Thanks, P

2. vipjun

vipjun Regular Member

I've not played with a AT900 yet, but can say from a demo test the frame felt somewhat stiff when hitting but not exactly in a bad way. Most prominently you can notice slice drops being easier to execute as there was a few times i miss timed the shot, but the stableness of the head still sent it over the net in a downward trajectory. With some rackets a slight miss hit and you'll either be sending the shuttle to the ground or floating in the air. That's one of my most important criteria for rackets. A somewhat downside to this would be if you like whippier rackets that can generate pace from a quick and compact stroke.

In terms of smash power and defense I would put it in the same category as the balanced 3U rackets that yonex has.

Tri-voltage system.. i'm not really buying into this as 1 of the marketing taglines was something like "making a deeper hitting sound on impact to intimidate opponents"

Also , I think this system has been used before but just not marketed in this way b4. for example i think the TI-10 had titanium added in the 10 oclock and on the bottom of the head to make the flex point different. And in Tennis rackets this has been used years ago without any difference in performance.

Mostly the adding of weight to XYZ positions came out when carbon fiber technologies were able to decrease the weight of a racket so much that they had to add filler materials "titanium" ,"tungsten" etc to increase the swing weight so performance doesn't suffer.

3. alphapeta

alphapeta Regular Member

Designer/Typographer
    So all in all, it's really a marketing ploy to try and advance their range of rackets/compete with Li–Ning I suppose. But then given the way Yonex operate, every new range of rackets need to have some kind of technological advance. I'm not interested in any of the technologies, I just liked the weight of the V70—I play doubles mostly, so I am trying to find something fast around the net, but with enough power to play offensively from the rear of the court.

4. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    My personal opinion is that the Voltric 70 is definitely better and more powerful than either of the AT900. I have a 4U Voltric 70 and a 3U AT900 Power and the lighter Voltric 70 is not only better but significantly better.

5. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I guess you may want to try NS9900 if you "must" get Yonex (sponsored by them or so) otherwise N50 or N50-II from Li-Ning are probably nicer options or N90-II if you hare strong enough to handle the extra weight/head heavier balance..

/Twobeer

6. alphapeta

alphapeta Regular Member

Designer/Typographer
    Hmmm—no, I don't want to try it—I used to own the 9900. I was partially tempted by the AT900T, but I found it a little on the head heavy side. the V70 feels good, and if the power is as described, I would be impressed, the paint job is a bonus, the voltage system is … ridiculous!!?
    What will it be next? A thunderclap on impact?

7. thereal

thereal Regular Member

business
    According to all I know [and what my gym's coach told me. He has the AT900P and had the V70 for a week. He is sponsored by Yonex.. they give him new rackets to test em out etc...]

The Voltric 70 was launched basically for intermediate level players with hard hitting technique. It comes with a high price as it apparently promises to improve the toss/lob/smash shots due to its new technology.

The Armortec 900P is a racket for expert/professional players with hard hitting technique. It is the best racket in its class and unlike the V70, is much more worth its price.

I hope this helped..

Regards.

8. alphapeta

alphapeta Regular Member

Designer/Typographer
    Worth it's price—Hmmmm, I don't think £160 (AT900) is worth it to be honest! Yonex, like Nike etc—are overpriced, that's because it says Yonex on it, but they do make good rackets.

When it comes to top-end rackets, for me at least, it is about the weight of the racket and the performance, not so much the worth of it—they are all good at this end.

The V70 is pretty much the only racket within the top Yonex range I have played with (I've played with most of them) which I like the feel of. I just haven't played with it over a season so don't really know.

9. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

Voltric

What are your opinions about the new Voltric Series taking over the Armotec Series?
    Do you prefer the Armotec 900 Power or Voltric 70?

10. Deathblader

Deathblader Regular Member

Student/Lifeguard/Athlete
    The Armortec 900 Power is more farmiliar to me, it was the first badminton racket I ever had! One the other hand, the Voltric 70 is also pretty cool, with the tungsten inserts in the head and stuff, but some of the technologies sound a bit stupid, like the "Sound Filter." If the sound filter is used to distract opponents, wouldn't it also bother the user or the racket too? The Armortec 900 Power has less advanced technologies than the new voltric, but it is the choice of many international/olympic level badminton players around the world, like Lee Chong Wei. When I tried my friend's Voltric, it had the feel of an ArcSaber, it was lighter than my Armortec and was more manuverable. But when I got to the smash part, I felt that it had less power than my Armortec, it felt more like a Nanospeed when it got to smashes. Overall, I would prefer the AT 900 Power over the new Voltric 70! LONG LIVE THE ARMORTEC 900! :D

11. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    With the top grades rackets from Li Ning or Yonex one shouldn't be too carried away by marketing giimmicks and high sounding high tech terms. Manufacturers have to come out with slogans to catch your attention whenever a new product is introduced.
    The only way is to test the rackets out yourself. Nothing beats this because what is good for one may be not so good for another. Another thing, when you test out a new racket remember your standard of reference is your current favorite racket. In a way you are also biased unless you switch between different rackets when playing frequently.

12. raksasa.gorgon

raksasa.gorgon Regular Member

Full Time Badminton Player
    some yonex sponsored national players are already switching from AT900P to VT70.... thats how i finally got my AT900P IP :D

13. drew tze en

WOW!! you got armotec 900 power IP!!

14. PopsiclePete

PopsiclePete Regular Member

Dear Yonex...
    Please sponsor me.

I love you eternally,
    Pete

:D :D :D

15. drew tze en

SAME !! I want them to sponsor me
    Arcsaber Z Slash !!! (mouth watering not really happening)

16. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Dear Yonex,

If you sponsor me, I promise not to write those mouthwatering reviews that I am about to, for Li Ning and Victor. :D

17. drew tze en

Do you like Yonex ?

18. what07

what07 Regular Member

Panda Power all the way!!!! :D

BUt heck it'll be nice to get sponsored by anyone.

19. drew tze en

Oh no
    you should be ashamed of yourself !!
    YONEX ALL THE WAY !!!

20. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I didn't promise to stop writing reviews for Panda Power... :D