Li-Ning Singapore Youth International 2010

Discussion in '2010 Tournaments' started by Sealman, Nov 8, 2010.

1. ZERO999

ZERO999 Regular Member

Uncle Loh, Liang Yun and Xiao Yu are not sisters, they are both trainees of Singapore Badminton School, sharing similar surname is just a pleasant coincidence :)

Moreover, their coach are not their parents. The man is Mr Zhang Qing Song who trains them since very young and the lady is a coach from Singapore Badminton School too.

Heard that both girls have been chosen to undergo training with Singapore National first team for one month

2. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Oh thank you for the clarification. Sorry for the error. Both of them having the same surname indeed created some doubt. I've not been following the junior scene for quite a while and it's good that you gave us some info. I thought Liang Yun looks a little like the lady coach, haha.

I see that Xiao Yu played in the U17 singles and lost to Alcaca of Philippines in the final. Any reason why she did not play in U15 instead? It's good if both girls can continue to train hard and represent Spore one day.

3. ZERO999

ZERO999 Regular Member

Appearantly the Mr Zhang feels that Xiao Yu has the ability to play at higher age group levels, since she has already won National Ladies Open Single for consecutively two years. And to give Liang Yun a chance to excel at U15 level. (Liang Yun lost to the later Thailand champion in semi-final by a 2 point margin after a rubber set). :(

Xiao Yu had her chance against Alcala as they played each other 3 times before and Xiaoyu won the first two meetings. I realised that Alcala's strength and technique really improve alot this year, probably due to her vast exposure to international badminton for the past years.:)

4. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I missed the finals, but I've been impressed with Xiaoyu's abilities when I first saw her play a few years ago at one of the age-group tournaments. Can't remember when she first arrived in S'pore though. How old is she actually and which 'academic' school is she attending apart from the S'pore Badminton School?

I have been following more closely the earlier groups of foreign talents like Li Li, Zhang Beiwen et all and especially Yao Lei and Sari but not the latest batch unfortunately. Furthermore I've lost physical contact with SBA's training sessions when the venue moved to the S'pore Sports School due to inaccessibility. Any news on them would be appreciated. :(

Which reminds me of Andrianus Adi Prosojo, who hails from Indonesia to study at Montford and who recently lost to Huang Chao in the U19. Perhaps greater discipline and a more professional approach could lift Adi's game higher. :D

5. ZERO999

ZERO999 Regular Member

Andrianus is training full-time with National First team and he is a very very talented player, hope he can excel furthur :)

Xiao Yu is currently 14 and studying in Anglican High School. She wants to represent Singapore professionally but SBA has a rule that one can only start full-time National training after O levels.

Speaking of Shinta Sari, she has a younger sister who is studying in PLMGS and play brilliant badminton too, hopefully she will take on her sister's path of being a professional player.

6. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Thank you my friend. :)

It is so nice to be updated on the recent badminton scene and to know that we still have young foreign talents willing to study here and play for Singapore one day and in the process help to raise local standards.

Could you gather more info on Shinta's younger sister and others too and perhaps start your own thread on "Singapore's current badminton talents" and to encourage other BC Singapore forum members to chip in as well. ;)

I'm of course hoping that we have more of our local talents who are just as willing to take up the challenge. Those that immediately come to mind include Derek Wong, Ashton Chen and a few others in their batch, and I hope they are progressing well in their training. :p

7. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Semi-Finals of U17 Doubles pictures

BDU17
    1. Arya Maulana Aldiartama/Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo (INA) defeated Rifan Fauzin Ivanudin/Panji Akbar Sudrajat (INA) 21-11, 21-14 (23min)

2. Hafiz Faizal/Putra Eka Rhoma (INA) defeated Huang Po-Yen/Wei Ting-Chou (TPE) 21-18, 21-18 (24min)

GDU17
    1. Shela Devi Aulia/Anggia Shitta Awanda (INA) defeated Cheung Ying Mei/Yuen Sin Ying (HKG) 21-11, 21-12 (25min)

2. Ruthvika Shivani Gadde/Poorvisha S Ram (IND) defeated Sureeportn Chaithongwongwatana/Valeesa Iamratanamaetheekul (THA) 21-17, 13-21, 21-16 (40min)

Attached Files:

8. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Thank you uncle Loh for Kevin/Arya's photos.

Kevin may look small (he's still 15), but, I believe if he's properly groomed, he will be one of INA's future star in MD!

9. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    SF BDU19 Selvanus Geh/Haswir Sahab (INA) v Philip Joper Escueta/Peter Gabriel Magnaye

This was perhaps the most exciting of the numerous 3-gamers for the entire evening.

INA's Selvanus Geh & Haswir Sahab were shocked by the resoluteness of PHI's unknown pair of Philip Joper Escueta & Peter Gabriel Magnaye and came back from the brink of defeat to steal a very close last-minute 21-13, 20-22, 25-23 victory.

The Philippines had certainly demonstrated at this tournament that they had arrived and are able to compete with the best in the region. :)

Attached Files:

10. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    You're most welcome!
    Hope you also like the Selvanus Geh pix, especially taken for you, as I have taken note of your remarks on him earlier.

11. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Yes....I have also seen the pics of Selvanus Geh. I hope he can go to AJC and WJC next year, with the right partner.

12. danarstorm

danarstorm Regular Member

Is liang xiaoyu originaly from china?? Her face look older than her age,,

Shella / anggi look fatter , both of them were good when they still u15 , could dominated both single and double(often to win both single and double) but now they better to play double

13. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Yes she was from China and is now only 14 years old as zero999 has revealed earlier. I think she came to S'pore a few years ago.

14. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    More pix of SF BDU19 between INA & PHI

Some more pictures of the exciting match between Selvanus Geh & Haswir Sahab (INA) and Philip Joper Escueta & Peter Gabriel Magnaye (PHI) which the former won 21-13, 20-22, 25-23 in 45 min.

Attached Files:

15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

..thanks uncle Loh for capturing and sharing tons of pics of this tourney and satisfy all the folks who're following the youth/junior players..

16. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Thank you and I enjoy bringing the pix to them as I myself got to know more of the young talents.

17. GameGod

GameGod Regular Member

None
    I believe Ka Long Angus Ng is only 15 years old (in a school year going from 15-16) but is the best U-17 in tournament. Is he the best Under-16 in the world?

18. fathonezic

fathonezic Regular Member

Consultant
    Ng Ka Long is 16 yo already. he born in 1994. I just remember from AJC 2010 MQ data.
    so, he is U-17, not u-16. for U-17, undoubtly, he is not the best, the best is Viktor Axelsen so far. but, Ng Ka Long, is another one to watch. from batch 1994, beside Ng Ka Long, there are still Arief Gifar, Shesar Hiren Rustavito from INA and others from Japan.

19. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Let me give you the info> her name is citra Putri Dewi sari...Shinta has 9 brothers and sisters...4 are in Singapore and the rest are in jakarta

20. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Hi Rudy, long time no see. Thanks for the info.