Visiting San Diego

Discussion in 'USA West' started by mjwhitfield, Apr 19, 2004.

1. mjwhitfield

mjwhitfield Regular Member

Postgrad University Student
    I'm going to be visiting San Diego (Pacific Beach to be exact) for a month from the 9th of June till the 7th of July. I was wondering if I'd be welcome at anyones club for the duration of my stay as I don't fancy having a full month without playing.

2. BoboTheBadder

BoboTheBadder Regular Member

Student
    My parents and I are constantly at Balboa Park playing badminton over the weekends. It's probably the best place to play in San Diego and it has the nicest and most courts dedicated to badminton. You should hop by! My parents usually play in the club area, on the furthest court (far left corner of the building), and I kind of wander around playing whoever since I haven't been playing very long. ^^

I go home in less than 4 weeks for break so it's going to be constant baddy for me.

3. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Not knowing San Diego that well but I know that the San Diego Badminton Club has excellent facilities. Maybe Redog or Iyang can point you to other facilities.

http://www.sdbadminton.org

4. BoboTheBadder

Student
    Hehe, San Diego Badminton Club plays at Balboa :p

There's also Doyle, Carmel Valley, Scripps, and Black Mountain gyms. Balboa Park beats them all hands down though. 5 club courts and 5 open courts.

5. RedDog

RedDog Regular Member

Graphic Designer
    You can PM me your address, and I'll send you a copy of all the free local clubs down in SD. Hey, maybe we can meet up and play some badminton too! :cool:

6. BoboTheBadder

Student
    hehe I'd be willing to play baddy with local folk, except I'm really really bad (and I mean bad^n where n = really large number... been playing maybe what? 8-9 months total in month long gaps now). :D

7. RedDog

RedDog Regular Member

Graphic Designer
    Hey, you're always welcome to join us at Carlsbad on Sunday morning. Stage Coach Community Park. The level there is not too intimidating, and people are very friendly. It's $1.00 to get in, and you can play from 8am to 11:30am. 3 courts, play 1 game of double each time, you usually get around 5-7 games out of 3.5hr. If you don't have a partner, just show up, and you can always get someone there to team up. Maybe we'll see you there someday.

8. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    LOL, I like how you skillfully quantify a qualitive into an equation ;)

9. mjwhitfield

mjwhitfield Regular Member

Postgrad University Student
    I'm in Davis at the moment until wednesday when I'll be in SD... i'm dying to play... it's been two weeks that I haven't!!!

10. RedDog

RedDog Regular Member

Graphic Designer
    Don't worry, we'll make sure you get plenty of badminton in SD. :D

11. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Be careful what u wish for, buddy... :D

I prayed for the same before my Vancouver trip, look what the van BFers did to me... 1st welcome session = 7 hrs... :( :D :p

12. mitchy_girl94

mitchy_girl94 New Member

Hi there! Gonna be in San diego Aug 2-7 and after hopping off the plane, dropping of my luggage, Im going straight to Balboa park so I can play. Im wondering if anybody will be interested in a fun game of baddy, hit a few shuttles you can PM me, kinda shy so I dont want to burden anyone...hoping to meet a few BFers be somewhat like an baddy ambassador like Lazy buddy hehe. Hope to have a few days of "vacation" ...playing badminton :p

13. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Shy??? How come I never noticed that??? :eek: :D

Have a nice trip! ;)

14. mitchy_girl94

mitchy_girl94 New Member

EY!EY! I am shy..not just around you guys hehe:D

15. glencomienda111

glencomienda111 Regular Member

manager
    hey

your not shy!!! i agree with lazybuddy:D

hey mitch how uve been?:) you wont be able to catch the wc05 with that schedule, stay longer:D i would love to play with you but im kinda far:rolleyes: when will you be back here? dami tayo courts puntahan:D did they show the recent mvp cup over there? btw did you see the pic i posted here in BF? its me with my wife, sidek bros.(jalani and misbun) and hafiz hashim.

16. mitchy_girl94

mitchy_girl94 New Member

Ey Glen!
    I AM SHY!!!!! :D Yeah saw the pic..cool..unfortunately my aunt's wedding anniversary was scheduled 1st week and I cant fly home and fly back to cali the next week talk about bad timing:crying: Some of my friends are going and they have an extra ticket and it would have been cheaper too but like I was said my schedule sucks!:crying: I am ssssooooo jealous. Well anyway, hopefully the WC will not be the last event since badminton is starting to get popular here too.(At least in the west coast)

Wish you were here too, just in case you drop by the east coast give me a holler and i'll take you around..not sightseeing but play baddy (how baddict can you be:D ) I'll introduce you to Lazy Buddy haha another baddict I secretly call him the Baddy Ambassador..goes to BC just to play. Anyway might go home next year..then I'll call you ;)

Gonna check out San Diego, if the badminton scene is good, might relocate:D

17. glencomienda111

manager
    i wont pass that invitation when im there mitch:) i hope the WC would open u.s. to the sport of badminton, i mean its there but not in the same level as basketball, baseball and football. here in the philippines the sport is currently still on the rise, i hope the same will happen in the u.s. 'cuz i for 1 am planning to relocate in the u.s. :D

18. mitchy_girl94

mitchy_girl94 New Member

Maybe going home next year...sigh...dreaming of playing badminton from morning till night...I think you better stay in the west coast coz here in the east it depends on where you are...badminton is thriving in the west coast..might relocate too hehe but I cant bear the thought of leaving my badminton buddies :p

19. glencomienda111

manager
    then i guess west coast here i come:p actually most of my friends and relatives are from cali, wow playing badminton from morning till evening, what a day:D . usually i play tuesdays 6pm-11pm, wednesday 8pm-12mn, thursday 6pm-10pm, friday 8pm-12mn, sunday 6pm-11pm. dont forget to inform me when youll be coming over, we'll be court-hopping:D

20. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

Relocate??? I will miss u a lot, and :crying: :crying: :crying:

Ok, how's the trip so far??? ;)