THE EVIL FRAME OF DEATH....and some questions!

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by malaysianfreak, Jan 13, 2011.

1. malaysianfreak

malaysianfreak Regular Member

student
    Hi all ! i just had a game about 2hours ago and the frame of my racket keeps hitting the shuttle = can't cross the net = :mad: me ( this happens usually during drops and clears about 3/10 shots hits the frame =P ) how do you prevent this from happening a? or is it my string tension too high (25 and 24) ? or R my strings losing tension? :p
    >>and...what are the strategies for badminton? for me it's keep on netplay and clear then smash / kill is it correct?
    => and er....is it wise to keep a rather big amount of space to smash?
    >>and if you intended to smashbut you realize not enuf space wad shot would you do is best?
    ===>> LAST but not least a net push (i think it's called that ) when i push 70% hits the net net and i don't know why?? so....wad is the best position and time to do a net push and principles for doing a push?? cause when i do a push la it's like suicide but the urge to push always override me =(....

SORRY FOR THE WALL OF TEXT!!

#1 malaysianfreak, Jan 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  2. fiish

fiish Regular Member

Engineer
    Perhaps you were just having an off day :)

Maybe relax a bit going into your next session and it might get better, if it persists then maybe you have an issue.

3. urameatball

urameatball Regular Member

Photographer
    if you're hitting the frame, string tension has nothing to do with it... check your frame tension, LOL.
    pushes into the net can be resolved by aiming higher, or getting to the shuttle earlier, or a combination of both.

4. Andy05

Andy05 Regular Member

Badminton Geek
    If you hit the shuttle with your frame, it has nothing to do with your tension. Just relax on your shot and try to hit the centre of your strings. When you get the timing right it will become uncommon that you will frame the shuttle, if you do frame it then it will probably go over, much to the anger of your opposition.
    The strategy depends on singles/doubles/mixed the best plan is to just aim at the area your opponent isn't. A rule of thumb is in doubles you should try to never lift or clear, in singles move your opponent between all 4 corners of the court.
    I don't understand your 'big space to smash'. With a smash if there is an open space you should aim for it, if you are mid-court you can aim at your opponent and hope they can't react quickly. If you mean that your partner is too close for you to complete your smash without hitting them, then aim for the space or do a flat shot travelling between your opponents, hopefully they will leave it for each other and it will land in.
    A net push, could it be a net kill? The shuttle comes over the net and you attempt to hit it down, but not in the smae way you would do a smash? If so, get your racquet up before you get to the net then lunge towards the shuttle, keep your racquet above the net and try not to hit it at max power, do enough to get it over. As you get used to it you will be able to increase your power. If you don't have your racquet up then the shuttle may drop below the net before you get there.

Hope that helped

5. Aphelion-

Aphelion- Regular Member

if is just one day, you saddening start framing like there's no tomorrow , it must be a off day , it happens to everyone, but if you're a starter, is normal that u frame a lot, maybe since you are not use to the timing yet.

Like What Andy05 said , single you move your opponent around and wait for an opening to strike, Doubles is really a game of speed, just focus on speeding and attacking.

:p i did not understand the first question ( just like andy ), but the second question, does it mean " if you intended to smash , but you realize that your enemy doesn't have any opening for you to place the birdie.

one of the most common mistake make by starter is that they are not fast enough to perform a proper net push/kill , try to get the the net faster, and the other one is that they swing their racket too wild at the net, you don't have to do a full swing to net kill/push , just hit the birdie by flicking your wrist and it would already go really fast.

6. weeyeh

weeyeh Regular Member

It is possible that the framing might be indirectly caused by using a tension that is too high. I observed players who tried to hasten their swing to get the shot further into the base. This resulted in them completely mistiming the shot hence hitting the frame or completely missing the bird. In most cases, they can get the bird to the base normally but everything falls apart when they are under the slightest pressure.

7. malaysianfreak

student
    THANKS FOR THE COMMENTS ! =) about the question everyone can't understand i think i already found the answer ! ( i think i'll do a clear typed shot ) anyways since playing singles needs the enemy to move around is it advisable to do a crosscourt clear? and wad are the shots that need to be used most in singles? ( clears , netplay , drop , smash? ) oh and how to do a crosscourt net a? i know how to make it go sideways but it has a 80% chance to out ==ll...lastly whats frame tension? thankss!! in advance!

8. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i too think the frame tension is too high. :) but that's an advanced topic that will take a long time to comprehend. thus, we better skip it. :D

meanwhile, hitting frame all the time probably means you are having an offday or not consistent. either one means that you need to spend more time doing drills. drills is unavoidable.

9. malaysianfreak

student
    oh....ermm..so...just curious is frame tension same with string tension? and if u r doing drills a....should you do warm up first >> drills >> game?

10. icecoldcoke

icecoldcoke Regular Member

how to post??please teach!i'm new here

11. malaysianfreak

student
    er left ahnd side of the screen (high up) there got a word post a thread click it~

12. Andy05

Andy05 Regular Member

Badminton Geek
    In singles a crosscourt clear is not adviseable as the shuttle will be in the air a long time giving the opponent chance to get there.
    Clears are used a lot in singles, moving your opponent back to the corner they came from followed by a drop to the corner front opposite corner. So drops, clears, nets and lifts are most common.
    For a crosscourt net, if it's going sideways , but also out, just play it a bit slower. Crosscourt nets aren't an agressive shot, the same way a straight net can't be played with power.
    Ignore frame tension, I guess you are a beginner and frame tension will have no effect on your game right now.

13. icecoldcoke

thanks a lot :)

14. icecoldcoke

i still don't see it.. new post todays post private message faq calendar etc. but no [pst a thread :(

15. malaysianfreak

student
    oh....okays ....thanks for the tips ya~ by the way why do i always fail when defending a smash?

16. lorus_blue

lorus_blue Regular Member

you have to be in the main page of a board to be able to make a new thread... if you still can not make a new thread check the bottom of any page to see your posting permissions, hth

17. Andy05

Andy05 Regular Member

Badminton Geek
    There are several possibilities: Your reactions aren't quick enough, You aren't stood squarely facing the smashing player, You don't have your racquet infront of you, You are too close to the net, Your lift wasn't deep enough or They have a really good smash.
    If you leave your racquet down at your side it makes it really hard to defend a shot coming to the other side, so keep the top of the racquet pointed at the net at about elbow height and it will give you a better chance.

18. Andy05

Andy05 Regular Member

Badminton Geek
    I read another one of your posts saying you own 2 racquets, one head light and one head heavy.
    This could cause you a lot of problems with your consistency, making you hit the frame. If you are a good player you can change your style of play depending on if you are using a headlight/headheavy racquet. As learner it will be beneficial for you to play with the headlight racquet for now as they require less effort to create a big smash, it will also help on your smash defence.
    I'm not saying don't use both, but try to stick with one racquet, but you can play a game or 2 with the other one, so you aren't wasting your purchase.

19. malaysianfreak

student
    ok andy thanks! o ya since you said that my lift aren't deep enough , how should i improve it then? oh my lift also has a tendency of being an out =(

20. Andy05

Andy05 Regular Member

Badminton Geek
    I suggested several possibilities that could've allowed opponents smashes to beat you. If your lifts are going out the back then it is unlikely that you aren't deep enough when they win points by smashing.
    If your lifts are going out the sides then you are swinging the racquet too much. Get a friend to play drop shots, and you can just lift them back to him on a half court. When you are both good at that try crosscourt drops and lifts.