Really Need Help!

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by conorha, Jan 28, 2011.

1. conorha

conorha Regular Member

Hey,

I just bought a pro's pro shuttle express,
    [​IMG]

I got on-line instruction to put it together and thats all done, put i haven't a clue how to work the crank, i didn't even know which side the handle goes in, I know how to set the tension put haven't a clue how to get the string to this tension, i know i use the brake but i really don't know what I am at!! please help! !

2. CovinaStringer

CovinaStringer Regular Member

Industrial Engineer/Stringer
    The handle/crank is as picture if you are Right handed. You can put it on the back side if you are Left handed.

To pull tension: (assuming you have the tension set correctly), you put the string between the grippers with your left hand and push the gripper towards the racket. At the same time turn the crank, once there is slight tension on the string, you can release you left hand. Keep turning the crank until it "LOCKS OUT", and the lever pops out. Watch out for the end of the lever, it's pointed and can draw some blood from your fingers if they get in the way. Once you clamp off, to release the tension. Grab the crank and hold it, with you left hand, push the lever back towards the latch. If you do not hold the crank handle, it may snap back and hit you in the wrist. It you make a mistake, you will learn rather quickly not to do it again.

The best thing to do is practice with some scrap string and tie one end to the post. I wound not recomend using a racket, until you have an idea on how things work.

Good Luck!

3. ilovedude

ilovedude Regular Member

My friend, seems like you didn't do your homework at ALL. This forum is a stringing bible, if you browse through all the pages I really don't see why you would like quesion.

4. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

that's right ... and infact he made 2 thread with similar topics.

gave him this link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XlKBhMbBfM&feature=related

but he still does not understand ....

5. Udonming

Udonming Regular Member

Besides I don't understand why so many people ask question not before but after. If you want to get spoon fed you still have to open your mouth. BTW, don't get it wrong, this is nothing personal is just how I felt.

6. conorha

conorha Regular Member

cool, one problem I am having is that when the crank should be locked it keeps sliding up and down the rail.

I have read some other posts and some other guys had the same problem, any ideas????

7. conorha

conorha Regular Member

i understand u dope but the crank keeps sliding and it is set u correctly

8. conorha

conorha Regular Member

i have been reading some other forums and people are having the same problem as me, the crank keeps sliding when it should be locked, one gut said he removed the plastic cover and made some changes, should i do the same??

it is set up correctly!!

9. CovinaStringer

Is it sitting on the track correctly? There should be a gear in the back sitting on a toothed track.

10. _Rav_

_Rav_ Regular Member

Gofer
    #10 _Rav_, Jan 31, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  11. conorha

conorha Regular Member

ya i am pretty sure its set up right, it is running over the track perfectly but when i try to put the break on it keeps sliding, so i cant tension. i have the wheel in the back sitting on the teeth of the rail

12. conorha

conorha Regular Member

hey rav, ya i have been reading that thread thats why i think i need to remove the plastic cover! i have it next to me now i will puu the cover off and see what it looks like inside!!!

13. conorha

conorha Regular Member

u there rav? i have the plastic cover off now, what do i need to adjust?? thanks for the help

14. CovinaStringer

I think you are not engaging the gripper. There are two jaws that the hold the string and slide towards the turntable. It will not pull tension until the gripper is engaged. Also you need string to pull tension. Without string in the gripper, it will not know when to release the lock-out lever.

Here is a link to help you understand the workings of a Lock Out crank: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mr10sStringer#p/u/17/cr2GeWDMs_A

#14 CovinaStringer, Jan 31, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  15. conorha

conorha Regular Member

ya thats a good video, i think i have it set up correctly but this video says i should increase the tension to stop it sliding, the video shows how i should do it, hopefully it will work!!

16. conorha

conorha Regular Member

just to confirm, when the lever is not in the cocked position the unit shouldn't be sliding up and down the rail?

17. CovinaStringer

In the latched postion, you the tension assembly should move back and foward with the turn of the handle. In the released position or lock out position, the tension assembly should not move at all. If both statements are false, then there must be a problem with tension head assembly.

Could you possibly post a video to show us what you are doing?

18. conorha

conorha Regular Member

ya i will try get a video up all together maybe tomorrow, mine is running along the rail when it is in the released position and locked position

19. CovinaStringer

Sounds like your tensioner is broken. Did you buy this new? Can you send it back for replacment?

20. conorha

conorha Regular Member

i was reading through some other posts and they had same problem as me, however they removed the plastic cover and tighten a bolt, not 100% sure how to do this!i bought the machine new alright!