Home school, Boarding school, Goverment school, Private school

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Joanne, Apr 6, 2003.

1. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Oh nice to hear that! :)

Is she studying overseas or in Malaysia.
    Hope she has won a scholarship to study overseas and enjoy the boarding facilities! :D
    And I hope her badminton skills have improved further and she's in the varsity team. ;)

2. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    The details are a bit sketchy as I haven't spoken to her much of late - I'll get her to come in and reply herself.

3. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    That will be great after a very long absence!
    I've never got to see her pic just as I've never seen yours!
    I assume she must have changed quite a bit, haha. :p

4. wilfredlgf

Security Engineer
    She's pretty much unchanged in the past several years, except some really significant change - she'll tell you that herself. :p

5. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Waiting I-M-P-A-T-I-E-N-T-L-Y for her to show up! :D

I suppose Joanne is now a young lady in her twenties, early twenties right?

Significant change? Wonder what is that?

#45 Loh, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  6. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Getting thrashed on court.
    Haha, ok ok I'm here to reply. *Back off, Wilfred* :p

Hey Loh, long time no see! Hmm.. I'm studying in one of Malaysia's local universities.. I did get a couple of scholarships overseas, but due to circumstances I chose to study locally. =) Haha, however I won those scholarships based on my academic results, not badminton achievements. :eek:

My badminton skills... have taken a downturn, I'm afraid. I was asked to join the varsity team (and played/trained alongside national back-players in the team!), but I quit after a while.. somehow have lost the 'mojo' for competitive badminton.

Haha, significant change? Let's see.. I lost my baby fat in uni? =P I do so much less strenuous exercise now but somehow the weight just disappeared, and I lost several inches around my waist. :rolleyes:

Yes, I'm 20 this year!

*Can't think of any other significant change..*

7. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired

Hi Joanne, it's nice to hear from you again after such a long while. :p

Great to know that you are now in uni although you may have missed what I believe to be some of the exciting "independent moments" when studying at an overseas varsity. Unfortunately I did go to one either. :eek:

Are you into your final year and what are you majoring in? As I recall, Science seemed to be more to be your liking. ;)

As someone who was such a badminton fanatic during your younger days, I am surprised that you gave up your passion so soon and not wear your uni colours as a badminton team member. :(

Wilfred tried to excite us by saying you have changed. But you haven't revealed too much of the expected "excitement" except to say you've lost a few inches at the waist. I could understand that this must have excited Wilfred more than anyone else! :D

A few inches! :eek: My, my every girl will yearn for this and considering that you must have compared yourself now to 8 years ago, this is awesome! :rolleyes: Can I assume that you are now almost "guitar" shaped? :)

Maybe Wilfred is a better judge. :cool:

8. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Getting thrashed on court.
    Haha, I may seek one of those great exciting 'independent moments' in the future, when I further my studies I guess. :)

Final year?? I'm only in my 1st year, actually. The Malaysian education system has this funny way of slowing us down :p as compared to other countries. Haha! And no, Science was never my liking.. I chose the Social Science stream first chance I could decide my stream! I'm majoring in English Literature.. my first love. (Although plenty have given me the 'look' for not choosing something more 'useful'.. but I know what I want.)

Well, university offers me so very many opportunities in so many different activities.. I had to decide between a few activities, and after much dilemma I decided I've gained nearly all I could in terms of learning experience from the competitive badminton world, and it was about time I tried my hand in other things. =) I've still not told my varsity team I'm quitting actually, I told them once before but they asked me to attend at least one hour of training a week instead of the required 4 hours... I tried to, but I think I'm better off just quitting the team, I believe in the concept of "either you're in or you're out".

Haha, there's really no significant change in me! No, I'm not guitar shaped, I'm just small-sized now. LOL.

By the way, I've never met Wilfred in person. He has always been too afraid to play badminton with me. :rolleyes:

9. wilfredlgf

Security Engineer
    Keeeeep dodging the bullet Jojo... you keep doing that. :p

Going up against the state junior player will envitably bruise my ego.