Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Triptens

Triptens Regular Member

Without MS breathing down his neck, surely LCW is a different man.

2. flite

flite Regular Member

HAHAHA LOL. I feel sorry for MS.:D

In fact many of my baddy mates shares the same opinion as you and they were so "hysterical" when spoke about MS.:D

3. Lukas11365

Lukas11365 Regular Member

[​IMG]
    Just saw this, look at his muscles at arm an leg, that is extraordinary for such a body ! Watched his match of today two times, just cant get enough...

4. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    Just want to leave a message to say congrats to LCW. Never been a big fan of his, not saying im a big fan of LD either, but seeing him live against LD today really shows how hard he has worked over the years to push forward in the game. He is physically very strong now, and most important a very hard worker. IMO, his talent may not be as high as LD's, however, he more than makes up for it in commitment. Was a pleasure to see him play!

5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Congratulations to Lee Chong Wei. He truly deserves the victory over his no 1 rival in a major tourney. Hopefully, one big load will be off his shoulders whenever he's facing Lin Dan in the next future majors.

The second major title for LCW and if he focus on what he does, he has the best chance of nailing the coveted World Championships title this year. Once again, only Lin Dan will be his major stumbling block but the victory over Lin Dan today is certainly an experience that LCW can savor and learn from.

6. madbad

madbad Regular Member

LCW played the closing points more aggressively. Especially in the 1st game when he was way up, he tried to win the points rather than hoping for LD to lose them. While he lost a whole bunch which allowed LD to catch up, this is a much better approach mentally.

7. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

LCW is better off mentally without MS in crawling in his spine. With MS so long he's become an invertebrate.

8. madbad

madbad Regular Member

You know, I never thought about it in this light. Maybe, maybe not. But I did notice coach Teh continuously encouraging him from the sidelines. That's something new for LCW

9. Sangkut Net

Sangkut Net Regular Member

Hotellier
    Chong Wei determination yesterday remind me of another Malaysian badminton great....The never say die Foo Kok Keong....

10. RSLvictorSOTX

RSLvictorSOTX Regular Member

Even with the greatest player turned coach on ones side, it becomes a bit stagnated after a while, don't you think?

11. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Big Congratulation to LCW, beating LD in a Major Title Final.........Bravo LCW !

After so many failures in major's final, LCW finally did it in AE11 final, its even more meaningful than AE10 !

12. williamtan2020

williamtan2020 Regular Member

sales
    Who thinks LD plays like LCW and vice versa?

Itwas a good match but not great. IMO Korea Open rallies more pulsating and there's more attacking play. Nevertheless, congratulation to LCW. Finally, he's able to take a leaf out of his great adversary's book and dish out some bad medicine. LD must have thought, wait that's what I'm suppose to do. So, for once. LCW plays 'like' LD and LD plays like LCW, (which is always on the back foot). Now the great one taste bitter defeat in a major final. Can't wait for the next match between these two. It's been a privilege man.

13. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

Congratulations to LCW!

and his back to his trend during 2007 to 2009 in scoring at least 1 straight set victory over LD every year (not happened in 2010)... although the win-loss ration is still about 1:2... must be a sweet revenge... esp with a back-to-back AE title.

14. Bbn

Bbn Regular Member

I give this one a "like".

15. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Congrats to Datuk LCW for winning the 2nd AE title! By beating his arch rival too :D:D

16. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Did you stay up to watch? I was only following the LiveScores. :eek::eek::eek:

17. eaglehelang

The Star Online > Sports
    Monday March 14, 2011
    Lee retains All-England title in classy fashion
    By RAJES PAUL
    PETALING JAYA: For the first time, Malaysia’s Lee Chong Wei truly felt on top of the world.
    Yesterday, Chong Wei showed who was the real boss on the court when he defeated his nemesis, Lin Dan of China, 21-17, 21-17 in a highly-charged 52-minute final to retain the All-England title.
    It was a priceless win and an ecstatic Chong Wei slumped to his knees in sheer delight before rising to the thunderous applause of the fans at the National Indoor Arena in Birmingham.
    It was the first time that Chong Wei had beaten Lin Dan to win a major title and the record between the two archrivals now stands at 7-18.
    With the win, too, Chong Wei reaffirmed his status as the world No. 1 and also hung on to the number one standing in the Super Series rankings.
    And Chong Wei also became the first Malaysian to retain the All-England title since Eddy Choong pulled off the feat in 1956 and 1957.
    But more importantly, the win yesterday showed that Chong Wei has the ability to come out of Lin Dan’s shadow and be a real challenger for the Olympic gold in London next year.
    Lin Dan, gunning for a second consecutive Premier Super Series title after nailing the first in South Korea, got off to a smashing start but it was not too long before Chong Wei got into the groove.
    Looking more confident and focused in his approach, Chong Wei piled up the pressure on the three-time world champion, often catching Lin Dan with his clever moves at the net and showing incredible defence to frustrate the Chinese.
    They were tied at 8-8 and at one stage Lin Dan was affected by a bad line call and it allowed Chong Wei to pull away to 17-10.
    But Lin Dan, who was ironically more interested in playing rallies than using his lethal attacking shots, fought back to 17-18. But that was as far as he went as Chong Wei snapped out of the spell to take the first game.
    The second game was even tighter as both tried to outfox each other with their tight net shots and super fast counter attacks until they were tied at 17-17.
    Instead of buckling under pressure like he used to before, a cool and composed Chong Wei romped home to take four points in a row to land himself a third title of the year after victories at the Super Series Masters Finals in Taiwan and Malaysia Open in January.
    National coach Rashid Sidek hailed Chong Wei’s achievement as a big breakthrough.
    “He played a superb game and was able to overcome the psychological barrier against Lin Dan,” he said in a telephone interview.
    “He not only handle the challenge from Lin Dan well but he also executed excellent counter attacks to pressure Lin Dan. That to me is a big improvement.
    “Today, Lin Dan was making most of the mistakes and he was unable to kill some of Chong Wei’s shots. Chong Wei, on the other hand, maintained a consistent pace.
    “Chong Wei has always been criticised for winning the small tournaments. But this time, he defeated Lin Dan for a big one.”

http://www.thestar.com.my/services/printerfriendly.asp?file=/2011/3/14/sports/8262820.asp&sec=sports

18. TheSmasherKing

TheSmasherKing Regular Member

Goverment officer
    for me, i think the fan must not forget what MS had done to develop lcw before... :) with the presence of rashid sidek at the sideline, im sure he had received some kind of instruction or guideline from ms before the game... :) tsb just continuing what ms had planned for lcw.. but, both ms n tsb are important for lcw... surely now, malaysia will have more chances to get the 1st gold medal in olympic :) bravo lcw... keep it up

19. eaglehelang

No lah, RTM 1 did not show it live. I went to zzzzz already.

20. Tekkai

Tekkai Regular Member

Congrats to LCW..Although Im a LD fan I think LCW deserves to win the match. He performed better than the sluggish LD..But what Im happy about is to see LCW being able to relax and not stare very hard at LD when he scores a point like he did in AG10 and KO11 :)
    About which player is better, its just up to their own performance that day :) head to head record is useless..