Post videos of yourself playing

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by GTAveteran, Apr 8, 2009.

1. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    at 50 you still got good reflex , techniques are very sound all round (please coach me !) have you been playing badminton for long? If I can play like that now at 20 than I would be over the moon ..
    you playing for any clubs in London at the moment ? looking forward to watch the final , and good luck !

2. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    yup, you right..
    two days ago, I played double for the first time in past 6 months
    I tried to do high serve 2-3 times and my opp smash it straight away..

so now I would do flick serve for double

3. kingmarioxv

kingmarioxv Regular Member

graduate student
    Finally played in another tournament...

This is the 2nd set of my lengthly MS semi-finals - I'm the one in full blue. Won this set 22-20 but lost the 3rd one 25-23.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5_ngbA18xE

Comments/suggestions are welcome.

4. nprince

nprince Regular Member

Engineer
    Excellent and keep going. I wsh to see you playing SS some day. Also both are very lucky to be blessed with such a brother.
    One area of improvement what I see is, a few opertunities missed to make a decissive kill. May be this is a friendly training session and you play otherwise in a tournament. Having said that, I also understand that my game is no better than you-speed or technic.
    NP

5. badders2006

badders2006 Regular Member

lining - may I ask, does your twin bro beat you more often than you beat him? Just curious because it appears his technique (e.g. round the head forehand clear) and shot selection is slightly superior to yours?

6. lining

lining Regular Member

Badminton
    Thanks nprince ^^ that will be a pleasure for me ( it's a dream ) . Badders2006 for the moment it's very close , we often do our match in 3 set because we know each other a lot . I will try to buy a new camera to record another match ;)

7. Maxii

Maxii Regular Member

badminton enthusiast
  8. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

Far too many unforced errors, maybe use a bit more variety with shot choice, keeps your opponent guessing.

Good smash, power is definetly there. Just cut down on the errors, and work on footwork and shot choice.

9. Blisse

Blisse Regular Member

Student
    Looks like my own games. Maybe take off jacket? Affects motion quite a bit, unless it's too cold. But like LD said, and like me, just way too many unforced errors. It also looks like you don't get enough body rotation when you're hitting. Kind of just reaching out and swinging your arm. I really like your drops though.

10. Maxii

Maxii Regular Member

badminton enthusiast
    Thanks for your replies guys.
    I agree that my consistency is very poor. can u suggest anything I can do to improve it? We dont usually "practice" in our group. we just go straight and play games for 2 hours.
    And the other thing is, if I play against better opponent, i noticed that i tend to do a lot more unforced errors, how to keep my mind relaxed?

I agree too that i dont get enough body rotation. I`m glad that i recorded the video because I always thought that my basics are already good,but it seems like there`s still a lot of room for improvement

11. gustaff

gustaff Regular Member

Work
    He is really good, and his crosscourt drops are really great. How close is he to play in the national team?

However, tell him to stop screaming when his opponents miss a shot, it's bad manners. Actually screaming as much as he does just makes him look... well, imo, stupid. :/

12. stelios

stelios Regular Member

that's not even state levels. At most school level if he's in Malaysia. No real power and the opponent sucks. A more competent one would've exposed him terribly

13. gustaff

gustaff Regular Member

Work
    Hmm, I have no idea what country he's from, but you're probably right. Even in Sweden where I live he would not be close to being on the national team... And Sweden isn't very good at all when it comes to badminton :p

14. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

If I had to guess based on the Location I would've guessed Philippines (without having seen the vid) :D But turns out it's in California (U.S.A.) ...

15. zatliteblogspot

zatliteblogspot Regular Member

hi guys,
    I got another clip here. http://mayvelous.com/externals/zatlite/170311_Singles.avi file size is about 56 mb
    Please help me analyze my game. I'm the little black blur.

Would also like your advice on best position for camera tripod and if you know any good free video editing software please share.

Thanks.

16. Blisse

Blisse Regular Member

Student
    @zatliteblogspot, who are you? There's a black guy, and a person wearing black, then a girl in the bottom playing doubles. -confused

That angle is perfect if you're the black guy.

#996 Blisse, Mar 20, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  17. zatliteblogspot

Yeah, sorry about the quality. I messed up with encodings. I'm wearing all black on the right side of the screen.

18. Blisse

Blisse Regular Member

Student
    nono, not the quality lol. I changed the post but you quoted too quickly. :)

The quality is perfect. The angle is good, but better if you got it in the same position on the other side.

The only obvious problem I can see is you never drop from the back court. Every shot is a smash. But both of you are good.

19. zatliteblogspot

:) there's a reason for that. my overhead drops need a lot of work right now. I don't think it's in that clip but for overhead drops, I keep stopping the racket motion half way through the swing for some reason. I'll work on that tonight.

20. JackMa

JackMa Regular Member

Student
    He qualified as #1 in the USA for U15 singles this year, that video is actually a little bit old, he is much better than that now.