Yonex Titanium Pro 60

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by JupiterMan, Oct 3, 2002.

1. JupiterMan

JupiterMan Regular Member

Engineer
    I am looking for information on this Yonex Titanium Pro 60 but I couldn't find in anywhere in the website. Anyone use this racket before? Please comment. Thanks.

2. JupiterMan

JupiterMan Regular Member

Engineer
    Well, after reading all the previous postings. Can I say this racket is a made in Taiwan imitation Yonex??? Please can anyone double confirm this? If it is a imitation I need to go back to the shop and ask them for refund.

3. muscle

muscle Regular Member

bankers
    Help me with titanium pro 60

Guys help me have you heard aything about titanium pro 60

4. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    I have a broken one. It's not mine but a friend gave it to me after it broke. Gonna touch it up and repaint it.. though the shaft suffered internal damages.

~Cheers

P.S It's not a bad racquet. Light, easy to use and good for smashing. It's an oval head shaped one. (In case you're wondering, I tried one before)

5. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    No it's not an imitation, it's as original as you can get.

Yonex manufactures racquets based on two classes - the high and middle-high ends in Japan; the middle-low and lower ends outside of Japan.

Those first of classes will have a 'Made In Japan' label on it and all the shenanigans such as serial numbers etc. I won't elaborate on this as we've had such threads already.

The second of those classes will have a 'Developed by Yonex Japan' on it (or something like that) and some may or may not have serial numbers on it. These are usually, or all, made in Taiwan.

So, verdict - no, it's not an imitation. Titanium Pro 30,60, 90 and the whole range of new cousins are made to cater for the masses and those with a lower budget. They won't move the earth or shake the mountains but will be sufficient for community or casual play.

Based on experience, I have known of stringers who won't string more than the recommended tensions on these mass produced Yonexes because there is no guarantees for them.

But then again, give it to a skilled player and he'll still beat the crap out of most of us, but that's another story altogether.

6. muscle

muscle Regular Member

bankers
    thanks man

thanks, but it's really cheap indeed. In indonnesia, TI pro 60 only cost about US$22

7. muscle

muscle Regular Member

bankers
    Titanium Pro 60

Should I buy it or not?:confused:

8. altreality

altreality Regular Member

I have used my friends' titanium 60 before... and my verdict ----- its an average racket - balanced and quite powerful ... but lacks the punch in the other usual rackets mp99 etc

9. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    o_O Cheap price for titanium Pro 60. Here it's about $90 or around $53 USD. MMM. Probably a fake? I don't know.

~Cheers

10. theoryjack

theoryjack Regular Member

i have a titanium pro 50. i'd say nothing more than the comments already given for the titanium pro series. its your average racket with good control. its more on the flexible side tho. pretty light, too.

2ug3, using bg65 @ 21 lbs.

11. wilfredlgf

wilfredlgf Regular Member

Security Engineer
    The price in KL is about RM 109 or so, it should be ok.

12. theoryjack

theoryjack Regular Member

oh yes, i got it during a sale for 69 sgd just recently. comes with a free bag and a pack of 3 yonex socks :D got this after my 7yr of total abstinence from badminton play

13. Sammi

Sammi Regular Member

student
    Ti Pro 60

I've been using Ti Pro 60 for a year.. its a pretty good racquet, light and well balanced. But somehow i find that i cant smash as fast or as hard with this racquet compare to my other ones. I say if ur playing for leisure, there's no harm in getting Ti Pro 60 ;)