Arcsaber8DX or VT70 or AT900T

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Simon Loh, May 15, 2011.

1. Simon Loh

Simon Loh Regular Member

Finance
    Hello guys,

I'm an intermediate player looking for a new racket. I play around 4 to 5 hours a week. I've been playing badminton for around 12 years. I mainly play doubles and have a quite attacking style of play, smashing and dropping, mostly at the back in the court. I'm a hard hitter and love to smash. I'm more of an arm player than wrist. I would prefer a more balanced racket, one not too head heavy, generally a good all rounder.

I was planning to get new rackets for doubles.

For comparison between these 3 racquets, pls rating the below conditions:

Note: 1 - Excellent, 2 - Average, 3 - poor
    Arc8DX VT70 AT900T
    1. bigger sweet spot and easy fast swings for stability ( ) ( ) ( )
    2. good maneuverability ( ) ( ) ( )
    3. Easy net plays ( ) ( ) ( )
    5. good control (for net play and drop shots) ( ) ( ) ( )
    6. enough power for a sudden quick smash ( ) ( ) ( )
    7. repeatedly smash ( ) ( ) ( )
    8. counter attack ( ) ( ) ( )
    9. defence ( ) ( ) ( )

Thanks in advance.:)

2. Voltric

Voltric Regular Member

A hard hitter who loves to smash with an attacking style of play. Sounds like the VT70 is what you need. The Arc 8DX is probably too even balanced (kind of like the Arc 10 on steroids), but it should be stiffer than the VT70 if you're into stiff rackets. I think it's a toss up between the VT70 and Arc 8DX. All these "points based" ratings are quite meaningless unless you actually try them out on the badminton court. One man's meat may be another man's poison. :) The VT70 is generally a good all round and versatile racket. Somewhat head heavy, not as stiff, packs some power but capable in defense as well. It takes the best technologies from the Arcsaber, Amortec, and Nanospeed range and combines them in one excellent racket.

3. justinpops

justinpops Regular Member

Sales Manager
    Agreed^
    vt70 really good doubles offensive racket. Not too demanding

4. Dokkie

Dokkie Regular Member

I own AT900T and VT70, if you like solidness, definitely don't get the VT70. The AT900T is a great all around racket and my go to racket at the moment. Also the shaft of the VT is really flexible when you compare it to the AT.

5. valiant11

valiant11 New Member

hi i guess i would describe myself as an intermediate player. i am quite a short person, and at the moment having some difficulties to do the baseline to baseline clear perfectly, should be able to do 2nd line to 2nd line though. i am also looking at vt70, about its stiffness, is it really a bad thing that its relatively flexible? i guess stiff racket is more suitable to player who has excess power and looking for extra control?

please let me know what you guys think, any comments are welcome, and i am no expert with rackets at all! thanks in advance :)