Indonesia Badminton

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by kidosetiawan, May 15, 2007.

1. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Some players get more burden by being in Pelatnas...same case like Tommy

2. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    CHN players are not like that anymore..I disagree with Rudy hartono...as in his old time,,,there were fewer tournaments and players and now we have so many tournaments , facts , lets take Korean pairs, they keep losing in first 4 or 7 tournaments but they are getting better especially in Double department...same case like Brice, he travels everywhere and lost many tournaments in the beginning, now he is a much a better player...
    FYI, China players always go out during weekend and go home late..they do Clubbing also...I believe Korean players are more likely to follow the strict rules

#2202 huangkwokhau, May 9, 2011
    Last edited: May 9, 2011
  3. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    I agree and INA coach also agree..Rudy lives in the past....even some titles, like koh Chris and LSK had to yield to Rudy..if not..they were not sent to overseas,...Rudy Hartono should have known that...right now..it requires startegy, INA coaches are doing it now and at the same time...they will send young players also

4. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    I was surprise Rudy was not referring to the younger players

when he mentioned the after 6 tournament cut off :eek:

He probably missed out one word, specialization:D

Maybe Indonesia does not need this, simply the pool is too big :confused:

But on the other hand if that really happens,

there won't be any Sony or Simon or equivalent left in say,

1.5 years time or less ? :eek:

Going high performance training does not start only with their winning results,

some needs adjustments, special attention and care...

That is why we can only find one champion per country so slow :)

5. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Indonesia looks to India for sports development

Indonesia looks to India for sports development

Niken Prathivi, The Jakarta Post, Jakarta | Thu, 05/05/2011 8:00 AM | Sports

Full story: http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2011/05/05/indonesia-looks-india-sports-development.html

Youth and Sports Minister Andi Mallarangeng says Indonesia needs to learn from India about sports science and medicine.

“We really hope we can send more coaches [to India] in order to boost their quality. In exchange, Indian players could have some training here,” Andi said at a press conference after meeting with India’s Sports Minister, Ajay Maken, in Jakarta on Wednesday.

“Do not be embarrassed to learn good things from other countries.

“I encourage all Indonesian sports figures to learn more about sports science, sports lecturers to boost their knowledge, and for doctors to study sports medicine in India, which is indeed more advanced,” he said, adding that the two countries’ closeness in historical and geographical background could help ease the cooperation.

In response, Maken said he hoped the exchange could also be applied in the use of sports facilities.

“We have good sports facilities, as well as sports science in education. We welcome all Indonesians to come there to learn,” said Maken, adding that he also encouraged youth of both countries to exchange life experience to learn the historical and cultural backgrounds of each country.

Maken lauded Indonesia’s power in badminton. “Even one of Indonesia’s coaches has succeeded in producing the world number four in women’s singles, Saina Nehwal [of India],” he added.

One of Indonesia’s badminton legends, Atik Jauhari, began coaching Nehwal in August, 2008. Since then, the Indian ace managed to win, among other titles, the Indonesian Super Series 2009, Singapore Super Series 2010 and Swiss Open Grand Prix Gold in March.

Nehwal reached her highest world ranking of number two in December last year.

In exchange for badminton, Maken offered Indonesians to learn more about cricket, boxing and archery on India’s grounds.

“Our facilities [in the aforementioned sports] are open to all Indonesian sports figures.”

Maken said he was scheduled to make stopovers in Yogyakarta and Bandung during his visit to see the two cities’ sporting facilities.

6. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Going back to RH, i just dont think that what RH mean is purely related to result. He did not use a single word mentioning bad results. He said "The PBSI should impose rewards and punishment more sternly. Within six tournaments in a year, we should be able to decide whether an athlete is worth keeping, or not,”. And these words are misinterpreted from post #2199. RH did not say that after bad results in 6 tournaments PBSI should punish the players by not sending them tournament anymore, instead PBSI should know (based on so many factors such as talent, determination, technical/physical ability, conducts, mentality, etc etc) that within 6 tournaments in a year whether this particular player will be worth keeping. So let say if a player is having bad results in 6 tournament but clearly showing very good elements, hence the anwer will be YES its worth keeping him/her. IMO he's meaning more towards talent spoting (within and outside pelatnas) and having developmeny program in place, not just keeping players that are non performing for so many years simply because there is no alternative. What he's complaining mainly is the mentallity of current players lacking in so many areas that he believe he had during he's hey day.

I think he's idea is pretty similar in principle to what Koh Chris has said. We can kick all non performing top players out of pelatnas, and risking/sacrificing 10 years ahead without any glory as long as can make sure that the next gen will be up there. OK thats an extreme example. And ideally PBSI should be around the middle that is having players like Hayom and Tommy while also going out spotting the even younger talents. But to me both RH and CH are just saying/urging PBSI to faster the process of regeneration. Not a mindless dictator ready to chop anyone head.

#2206 Yoppy, May 15, 2011
    Last edited: May 15, 2011
  7. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Ulin/Ricky,Agri/Marcus,Andrei/Cristopher are in Thai GPG entry list, Nice :D:D

8. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Saw Rijal/Debby name in Singapore Open entry list, how is Rijal's condition now? Getting better?

9. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    I saw him this week and he is okay now..no problem

10. huangkwokhau

sales & design
    INA will participate UNIVERSIADE at SHENZEN...while I was in Shenzen last week,China is beautifying the streets and recruiting many volunteers for this event.

Coach: Luluk H and Ronny A
    MS: Alamsyah and Andre Marteen
    WS: Bellatrix M. and Hera desi
    MD: Rian/Angga, Rendy/Afiat
    WD: Jenna G/Dewi K.
    XD: Shendy/Ricky and Richi/Rizky ( If I remember correctly)

11. miksss

miksss Regular Member

good news then.. :)

12. ardhitya.y

ardhitya.y Regular Member

student
    Any thoughts after the Sudirman Cup 2011?

Why they don't ask Alvent to come back to the National Team?

I don't see any significant improvement from Ahsan/Bona.

13. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Ahsan play extremely good yesterday to beat the world #1.

I believe Bona and others MD pair will improve under Hery IP. The example is Angga/Ryan, appear in IND SS 2011 final.

The arrival of Hadi Nasri and Hery IP will make a great impact for pelatnas, watch out.

#2213 miksss, May 29, 2011
    Last edited: May 29, 2011
  14. miksss

miksss Regular Member

Anyway, when is the Seleknas for Doubles player..?

15. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Ahsan/Bona is not that impressive, maybe Bona drags Ahsan leg too much. Alvent/Ahsan were awesome, even better than Alvent/Hendra. Is there any chance for them to keep pairing up?? Cos I think if possible they will win many throphies together, maybe even Olympic gold as we know HS/MK are strugling at the moment.

16. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Im glad to see players like Fran Kurniawan, Moh Ahsan, and Tantowi have all emerged recently. They are good signs and lights at the end of the tunnel, and I hope they will spring inspiration to other youngster as well

17. jump-smash

jump-smash Regular Member

Sales Manager
    agree ...! they are good examples
    unlike Simon Santoso who don't have the same "fighting spirit"
    he seem to be too casual and lazy ...

when I play against such players with that kind of attitude
    I always feel not satisfied because they are not good opponents
    OTOH having such player to be your partner is always very annoying
    because they can influence your play too

18. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student
    That's I want too... MA/AY were very impressive in Sudirman Cup 2011. Not looking new pairing.

19. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

And then Bona can pair with Hendra, swapping job hehehehe.... Who knows they can play better together too

20. luvina

luvina Regular Member

ex student
    Let them try... :) :) :)