Victor Brave Sword 12 (review)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ucantseeme, Jan 14, 2011.

1. ben3003

ben3003 Regular Member

Student
    i'm currently using ns9900 but i am thinking of getting a less stiff racket because i do not have the strength to keep playing with nanospeed 9900 for 2hrs of badminton session. I am thinking of getting BS09 but i saw that BS12 is an improvement over BS09, so should i get BS12 instead? More to a smasher but would prefer a faster racket, i like the feeling of nanospeed 9900, just that i need an alternative to it which is slightly less stiff.

2. ac leong

ac leong Regular Member

air cond
    Try brs 12 , worth .

3. ben3003

ben3003 Regular Member

Student
    okie how much are they selling in malaysia? Is 490 with frame only expensive? i just need a less stiff balanced one which is quite similar to ns9900 specs.

4. ac leong

ac leong Regular Member

air cond
    I bought last month around rm 500 including bag, string nbg 98 and grid .Price are depends on shop supplier . Goodluck .

5. izwanj_79

izwanj_79 Regular Member

Engineer
    Hi guys,

After some long session with the BS12, all i can say is that this racket is good as commented in this thread. For me, it is a good direct comparative/alternative for the VT70. Their attributes and feelings are mostly similar. There is a slight vibration on the BS12 handle though, but this is not a problem for me to counter. I went on to get the MX80 and hope to try it by this week.

6. DeVi|_FaT

DeVi|_FaT Regular Member

Student
    Just bought both bs12 + spira 22 in taiwan recently......im not really a smasher type of player though....based on your experiences, can you guys tell me which racquet suits me better???

7. LightSaber

LightSaber Regular Member

Smasher
    i go through this thread and what i see is the BS12 is the upgraded version of BS09 isn't it? so, LYD that known as the icon of BS09, does he change to BS12 or stick with BS09?

8. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    I managed to catch the Thai Open MD QF match between Korea's Yoo/Ko and Malaysia's Lim/Goh this evening at the Chula Stadium in Bangkok. Yoo had finally 'dumped' his SW33P for BS12.

Xavier likes this.
  9. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Madness ... :D. Sure it's no SW37 or something? Or MX70?

10. Sealman

Sealman Regular Member

Racquet Collector
    Nope, its blue, white and black in color. In the MD semi-final against Yulianto/Hendra, Yoo/Ko were trailing in the second game and Yoo switched back to the SW33P.

Interestingly JJS also used the BS12 in the MD semi-finals of the Thai Open against Gunawan/Bach for the entire match. Lets see if he would use it in the MD final today against Yulianto/Hendra.

#250 Sealman, Jun 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  11. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Okay :cool:. Actually I mixed up MX70 with Spira 22 now that I see the pics again. Certainly wouldn't be MX70 no ... (but SP22 and SW37 are blue white black as well aren't they but clearly distinguishable so hard to mistake one for the other).
    I guess the sales must be slow ;) (no wonder at a price of ~€160 over here "factory strung")

12. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Well for Yoo it would make some sense and for JJS: upcoming XD player :p?

13. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    Yeah, judging from the Surdiman Cup, JJS is all washed up :rolleyes:

14. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

In the sense that all the others are playing XD on the side as well ;). And he won't have LYD helping him out in defense in that case ...
    Can't be bothered to watch Sudirman Cup :p. Thomas Cup is the only one that counts ... (although there seem to have been some exciting md matches this year but with the subpar quality of those CNTV/CCTV broadcasts I still can't be bothered)

#254 demolidor, Jun 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  15. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    The JJS/LYD vs CY/FHF match was pretty damn awesome and worth watching. The MP4 rips of the CNTV recordings are actually very good all things considered.

16. avengers88

avengers88 Regular Member

hey maklike where did u get the video ? i wanna watch it too ! seems good :D

17. visor

visor Regular Member

18. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

The picture quality for sure is good/acceptable just the sound is very sub-par, at least on the court with commentary. It's not a very enjoyable watch when you can barely hear the court and have someone yapping through it continuously. Noticed yesterday there are full HD vids of the commentary court totalling 360GB (or 260) but no idea yet how to get access to them. With any luck it has dual audio, with one of them being just court sound :).

On the BS12 front, hopefully the Thai Open md sf vid will appear as well ...

19. :renegade:

:renegade: Regular Member

Had a few session with my BS12 but feel like it not the type of racket for me. It is a good and quick racket but after 1 or 2 games I had to switch to my VT80 because it give me what I need. Thinking of to let go my BS12 and and get MX80. Maybe the head heavy racket is more suit to my playing style.

20. :renegade:

:renegade: Regular Member

Maybe i used to stiff racket and i think BS12 is less stiff than VT80. I know i can't compare it to VT80 cos it have different spec. As i said it before it is a good and quick racket but it not suit my playing style, i can play better with my VT80.