2011 Singapore Open SS: Day 6 - Finals Day (Sunday June 19)

Discussion in 'Thailand / Singapore / Indonesia Open 2011' started by chris-ccc, Jun 18, 2011.

1. dwinski

dwinski Regular Member

Engineer
    You are exactly right Bro, it was a total disgrace and unprofessional. I came all the way from the Philippines to watch Lin Dan walk over? Just similar to what he did in Malaysia where he also walked over (I also went there last January). What about in Jakarta, again for the third time this year????

When he spoke in front of the crowd he was looking perfectly good as if he can run 10k in less than an hour. I see all these as a strategy to defeat LCW in the 2012 Olympics. The chinese mens singles team is so afraid of the perfect conditioning of LCW that is why they trying to put as many line up possible to slow and tire out LCW before the finals with LD. Good strategy but where is the value of sportsmanship.

This is the only thing I wanna say to LD: If you want to get the 2012 Olympic Gold once again, beat LCW fair and square. You and you coach alone not with the help of the entire Team China.

2. choonie

choonie Regular Member

Graduate Scientist
    It is impossible I am afraid. You must understand that how important the OG Gold Medal is to Lin Dan and LYB.

Once again, the BWF seems to be much helpless and also useless in this incident. They also must understand that they have the thing that LYB and the whole China team are dying for - Olympics qualifiers. For example, they could come out with a rule to DEDUCT a player's points in the Olympics qualifiers if he is unfit and has to WO. We must know that one of a badminton player's responsibilities and abilities is to keep his body in good shape and conditions. I think it is FAIR.

BWF should take away half of the points LD has gained in Singapore SS.

3. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

what a load of rubbish! to deduct points aleardy earned is a punishment. and to punish someone because of injury/illness is just naive to say the least.

4. vcrpex

vcrpex Regular Member

sales
    Be it real or fake. Just give him the benefit of doubt, at least he came to Singapore and play til the semi. I was watching the final in the indoor stadium as well. I feel shitty too about the announcement. Though I really feel bad for the women's double team instead, glad they won convincely despite the booing. Just coz they r a powerhouse the Olympic council have to limit the number of entry for each country. But if they are good enough, y that limitation? Sports at the highest level coz of their real skills or more country participation even though they might not be good enough. Just like if Singapore send two pair of women double to London, does that mean they have a better chance of winning? What I would like to see is top quality game rather than thrashing coz of the participation. Another example would be if it is Singapore vs Singapore, would you guys be saying the same thing? Just my 2 cents

5. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    The fans of badminton in singapore deserves the right to see lindan do his mojo, gliding and that innocent look in the finals. A simple ask. ;)

6. choonie

choonie Regular Member

Graduate Scientist
    " that innocent look" ... I like it.

7. extremenanopowe

Not forgetting the Lin Dance... lol. ;)

8. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

I'd be willing to give anyone the benifit of the doubt. But, how many times? You seem to be forgetting that this crap has been going on for years.

Would I be saying the same? After one incident? No. After repeated incidents event after event, year after year? You're damn right I would.

9. extremenanopowe

i like...............

10. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    You know, two things trouble my highly tuned investigative skills.

1. Nobody gets Gastro drinking 'too much cold water'. I'm familiar with high achieving athletes - their diets are strictly controlled, water intake...strictly controlled. Ones that travel overseas a lot, are used to the travel so are less suseptable to these things. In fact, the Europeans would be much more at risk travelling within SE Asia, and I don't see them pulling out of tournaments left-right-and-centre.

2. During the Gade match, he showed the classic signs of someone told something they don't want to hear - cocky in the first set, uncharacteristic scrunch-faced discussion with his coaches, uncharacteristic anger at himself verbalised on court, gesturing.....it wasn't the LD we expect to see, and I'm telling you, it wasn't because he was trying not to sh!t his pants.

:)

11. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

In that case, I hope you didnt go just to watch LD.
    Hahaha, wow, LCW is so important?? Even Msian fans dont think so. But if you come to watch LCW, or Taufik, or PG..they will play if their name is listed. Any withdrawal, LCW must answer to hordes of taxpayers, media, officials, ministers, going up until Prime Minister.:p

12. extremenanopowe

i like u mak.... lol ;)

13. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

Nobody as in 'nobody you know of' or 'Nobody in the 6 billions plus population'?

14. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    I'm just wondering.. (if there is anyone who has knowledge about athlete)
    so.. is it ok for an athlete to drink lots of cold water after their long match and they have another match the next day?
    is there any benefit to do so?
    if not, even I know cold water bad for body, so why he do that?

15. thunder.tw

The whole cold water being bad for the body is a complete and utter myth. I have competed in numerous sports and I have never suffered any ill effects from drinking cold water after a match. In fact, at my soccer training camp the water provided was ice water and the importance of hydrating and rehydrating ourselves was impressed upon repeatedly my the trainers. And, as Maklike says NOBODY gets Gastro from drinking too much cold water. If that was the case Canada would be a world capitol for gastro issues.

16. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

interesting. just consulted with my other half who happened to be a doctor and she confirm that gastric can be transferred by contact with contaminated food and water.

so, who am i to believe? tough call.

17. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Aiyo!!! People stomach pain, lau sai. You people still wanna force people play ah!!! So cruel, what happen if he Lau sai during game. Then his kemaluan very big la

18. thunder.tw

LOL, way to change to goal posts. Nobody said gastric can't be transferred by contact with contaminated food or water. We were talking about COLD water.

You better go consult your 'doctor' about the meaning of 'cold' and the meaning of 'contaminated'.

19. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

so how do you know that the cold water was not contaminated?

20. extremenanopowe

If it really happens in singapore, it will be an insult. of all the countries, it have to happen here? ;)