MX80 or Arcsaber10 better?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Simon Loh, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Simon Loh

Simon Loh Regular Member

Finance
    Hey guys,

Currently using Arcsaber 8DX. I would like to get another racket. I'm an offensive player, close to all around though. More towards attacking type of play, seldom net. I can handle stiff rackets.
    Looking at either Arc10 or Victor MX80.

Does anyone of the pros here use Arc10/8DX and MX80, can you give me some comparisons between the 3 rackets? which racket is good for doubles?

Thank you ​

#1 Simon Loh, Jul 5, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  2. amleto

amleto Regular Member

8dx feels stiffer and more 'dead' than the arc 10, although reasonably close in balance - the 8dx a bit more weight in the head iirc.

3. balthazer

balthazer Regular Member

Web Designer
    Simon,

You have an Arcs8DX? Awesome!! Well, I have an Arc10 PG and you can have a test swing if you like.

Basically Arc8DX is stiffer and slightly heavier on the head. It's more towards advance offensive players as they can generate the strength to produce power smashes. I have yet to lay my hands on a Arc8DX but hoping to try that racquet out one day.

While Arcs10 is a well balance racquet and less stiffer if compared with the and from what I heard, the regular red version is stiffer than the PG version. So, technically is for both offensive and defensive playing style.

Lastly the MX80 which I have tried a few (including yours :D) is a well balance racquet but slightly heavy on the head (Similar like the 8DX but it should be less stiffer than the Arcs8DX). So, making it an easier racquet to play with for intermediate players :)

4. amleto

amleto Regular Member

there should be no difference between arc10 and arc10-pg

5. arvislancmanis

arvislancmanis Regular Member

Student
    If you don't like stiff rackets then choose VT 70. Awesome racket.

6. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

The Arcsaber 8DX is just between the ARC10 and the MX80. If you would love more power , go for the MX80. If you feel there is a little lack in defence with the ARC8DX, try the ARC10. The ARC10 is more all round and less head heavy compared to the ARC8DX. The MX80 would be a little more head heavy and much stiffer and has more power.

7. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Since when is the 8DX headheavier than the ARC10 now that I see 3 people saying it. Read back the reviews when it first came out ...
    (mine certainly isn't)

8. Willi@m

Willi@m Regular Member

Blow Blow Water
    actual fact

Head Heavy to Even Balance:
    Arc10 (red) > Arc10 (PG) > Arc8DX

MX80 im not sure (it's either between red & pg OR pg & 8DX, please fill the gap for me, hehehe :D