Worst Injury??

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by Matt Ross, Jun 12, 2002.

1. FlamingJam

FlamingJam Regular Member

Research Student/PT Coach
    ohh yes me and my gfriend have been hit in the eye by a shuttle though in different games

2. YumCimil

YumCimil Regular Member

Does a near miss count? Was playing juniors a few years back, went for a smash, and my racquet (which had had a fairly hard life, I must admit) snapped in half, flew over the net, missed my opponent's ear by about 6 inches, and shattered against the back wall.

I've never seen an asian go quite that pale before, or since.

3. Nitemeister

Nitemeister Regular Member

Digital Film/Finance
    Worst injuries!

Between the years 15-19, i would sustain pulled ligaments/slight dislocations of my left knee approx 7-9 times due to mainly to badminton and once or twice cuz of martial arts. When i came over to vancouver, at age 18, i sustained the left knee injury a couple more times from bball and badminton and twice as well on the right knee.. However only 3 years ago, i sustained a right knee cap dislocation injury which laid me off badminton for 2 years. Yes, i reaaaaaaaaally hate injuries :| .. so that's my story and i'm sticking to it! cheers!

p.s i'm a pretty dark fella, and that right knee dislocation, made me about as pale as a ghost.. not pretty i tell ya

4. coandrew

coandrew Regular Member

broker
    torn acl just 3wks ago and i still can't walk properly up to now. :( hope i can get back to playing without an operation.

5. nobleman

nobleman New Member

when i was 9 i split my forehead open on the net post. looking back on that one it was actually quite funny. had a trip to the hospital. loved it

also i had a trapped nerve in my neck when i turned to make a shot. that was worse. wore a collor for weeks

6. ^Tayo^

^Tayo^ Regular Member

Your worst injury in badminton?

What was your worst injury done in badminton? I had a few sprained ankle here and there. Some others is their knees and shins. My girlfriend is her lower back. Any others?

7. saham

saham Regular Member

administrator
    I had several sprained ankles, torn knee ligament, dislocated knee and the worst would be when I totally ruptured my left achilles tendon :crying: ouch! that was really the worst injury I ever experienced. It was during a tournament I was playing doubles, I was out of playing badminton for 1.5 years, missed badminton terribly :( .

But now I am back and even better than before I had my worst injury. Lesson learned from all those injuries - ensure enough warming up, stretching exercises etc. before start to play your game (no matter how eager you are :D to hit the shuttle) which can help avoid those injuries.

8. Scott_G500

Scott_G500 Regular Member

Student
    I got arthritis in my wrist in about August 2007 about a month before i turned 13. Since then I haven't been able to play badminton or any other sport which involve using the hands. Fortunately the steroids the doctors injected have really been working and i can now use my hand. I have been going to physio therapy for a couple of weeks now. I may even be able to play in a few months time.:)

9. Vomit

Vomit Regular Member

IT Consultant
    I get a random shoulder pain occasionally, had to see the physio about it.
    After a long period of playing I do a smash like normal and a shooting pain would go down my arm - blardy killed! then i would have continious strong ache in my shoulder for a couple days.
    Tried to continue playing first time it happened - not a good idea!
    But after doing exercises my physio gave me i havn't had any trouble - just need to balance badminton with the gym!

Anyway Thats my worst injury - be it tempoary and not very interesting!

10. bigb824

bigb824 Regular Member

school
    i dislocated my knee so bad it did a 180 degree turn.... yeah it was behind my leg i pop'd it back in myself

11. azn_123

azn_123 Regular Member

Student
    Ouch! That doesn't sound good.

12. lwiew

lwiew Regular Member

Student
    Do you guys who are get severely injured all play competitively or something? Cause you make badminton sound extremely dangerous.

I've never had anything worse than a rolled ankle and I don't see myself as a backyard player at all... What on earth are you guys doing when you're playing? Playing on rollerblades? =S I'm scared to play now...

13. loggietoh2003

loggietoh2003 Regular Member

Army Officer
    If you have proper trainings and do the right things i.e. warm up/down, follow instructions and dun play stunts, you should be fine

14. headpodd

headpodd New Member

this happened to one of the guys we play doubles with on a 'social' level.
    one week his doubles partner told him off for not moving his feet or running for shots.
    the next week he ran so fast for a shot, tripped over his feet and headbutted the concrete wall at the side of the court.
    I was laughing so hard i failed to notice that he was actually unconscious. :eek:
    we spent the evening with him in the A&E department and he is returning to play next week after c8 weeks out.