Victor fans club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Yoppy, May 2, 2011.

1. LightDatz

LightDatz Regular Member

School
    Heyy Guys! i'm a huge fan of Lee Yong Dae and Victor :p Finally have the money to switch from YY to Victor...waiting for my BS 09...Anyone can give me a quick review of it?! since i've been looking in the forum and not finding anything interesting...xD AND I WANNA BE PART OF THIS CLUB TOO :D

2. jump-smash

jump-smash Regular Member

Sales Manager
    BS09 on the cone specs are
    stiffness 3/5 = medium
    balance 3/5 = even
    BP +/- 295 mm (I wouldn't call it even balance, it's a bit head heavy)

3. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    big fan of LYD and victor?
    try Bravesword LYD siganture edition :D

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...2264-Victor-Brave-Sword-LYD-Signature-Edition

4. jump-smash

jump-smash Regular Member

Sales Manager
    if you're looking for even balance one try BS12
    it's BP is around 290 mm

5. wongek

wongek Regular Member

Hi guys, I'm new in this forum. I'll like to join this club although i didn't own a Victor equipment YET. Soon to come.. Need the master here give some advice. I'm still having some arm and wrist pain, waiting for recover and back to the battlefield. I've been told racket which less stiffness is suitable for me, i'm currently looking at BS09, BS12 and MX70. What are the differences for BS09 and BS12? Should I wait for MX70? Btw, I'm not a good smasher, but leaning towards defence and tactic but still do not want to give up smashes. :p Hope I provide enough info.

6. wongek

wongek Regular Member

Hi All, I'm new! I would like to join the club, but I did not own any of Victor equipment YET! I'll like to get a bit of advice from all the sifus around. Due to my arm & wrist injuries, I've been told using a less stiff racket is more suits me. I've 3 model in mind, BS09, BS12 and MX70. Here is the question, what are the differents between BS09 and BS12? Should I wait for MX70? I lean towards defence and tactical type. But I do smash sometimes. Please advice, I would like to go into the battlefield with my new sword.

7. Aryan

Aryan Regular Member

I think BS09 & BS12 are good defence & tactical rackets based on their aero frame design and is light in overall.

Personally I used BS11 before, it is mid-stiff racket and a bit head heavier which allows you to generate good smashing power and it also can gives u good flexibility in the shaft, so it can perform for u in the area of defence, tactical play and power also. It is true to me, it varies for individuals also.

Now I have switched to MX80 (stiff racket) as I looked for faster and more powerful racket. I am very satistied with it now and it does raise my game. I am also looking for my second racket, after I feel tired after using the MX80. It has to be lighter, less stiff, fast & powerful racket. I am considering to get SW37 as it has good recoomendation here. Waiting for my money now .... :)

For MX70, if you can afford its price, you can go ahead to get it. Else you may consider BS11, MX70 is a slight improvement racket over BS11 (refer the MX70 thread) as commented by BCer but it costs lot more.

8. wongek

wongek Regular Member

Thanks Aryan. Appreciate your recommendation. In my mind, I always thought BS10 and BS11 are same stiffer racket, just that BS10 is even Balance and BS11 is head heavier. I did considered SW37 as well, but from the review, they mentioned the speed is much slower compare to BS12. Besides, I can't really find any SW37 in Malaysia. :p

9. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Take the BS09 or BS12 - both are medium stiff and slightly head-heavy and good in defence. The BS09 feels a bit more head-heavy to me. Both are pretty quick and very easy to get used to, so you'll have no problems with you injuries. The BS11 might be a little stiff if you have arm problems.

10. ariffza

ariffza Regular Member

Engineer
    +1 for BS09. It's cheaper than BS12 and slightly head heavier as well.

11. wongek

wongek Regular Member

Thanks for the feedback, should I get 3U or 4U? Standard grip is? Sorry, i'm noob in terms of racquet.

12. ariffza

ariffza Regular Member

Engineer
    I rarely see 4U version in Malaysia. I'd personally go for 3U anyway because the shaft is medium flex and the extra weight gives me better smashes. You should drop by a shop and test swing one for yourself to figure out which works best for you.

13. wongek

wongek Regular Member

Haha..:p Thanks Ariffza. Most likely i will get the BS09 3U then. Honestly, I did try to swing it. I guess my level can't feel any different til in the court. :)

14. Nauroa

Nauroa Regular Member

IT Geek
    Just received my first Victor racket today (BS09). Have to wait until Thursday to try it out though. :(

15. wongek

wongek Regular Member

Great. I can wait.. Since I already waited for 3 months due to my injuries. :(
    Nauroa please let me know how you feel about BS09 after thursday game ya. :p

16. Nauroa

Nauroa Regular Member

IT Geek
    Will do Wongek. :)

17. Aryan

Aryan Regular Member

I tried using BS09 3U version before, it felt much more heavy to BS11. I also looked for speed in BS09, but it is not as good as BS11. BS11 feel lighter to me. So I rate BS11 is better than BS09 in term of speed & power. its better for u to borrow from somebody & try them on the court yourself. U will know which is suitable to u :)For SW37, it is out of stock in some places in Malaysia. The stock will be in after Dec11. But I still manage to find it in some other shops in KL.

18. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I think while the BS10 and 11 are both quicker than the BS09, the 09 can deliver the best smash when you're fully adapted to it, simply because it carries noticeably more weight in the head. The 10&11 are also not such a wise choice if you have arm problems because they're both kinda stiff and thus give you a very direct feel/don't absorb much shock. If you're looking for a racket that's easy on the arm, the BS09 is by far the better choice.
    Btw, I use the BS10 and MX80 as main/go-to rackets myself, so I'm not saying this because I don't like the BS10&11 ;)

19. wongek

wongek Regular Member

Mind to share those shops location? :p

20. wongek

wongek Regular Member

If my arms allow me, I would definetely try out BS10, since it was a legend. Ppl praise it til sky high. Unfortunately, I have to stick to reality. Will BS12 quicker than BS09? Since it is a newer version, my mind keep asking me to get the newer version instead of the older BS09. How about SW37? I heard it was medium stiff too. Does it suits me? Thanks again for all the sifu's recommendation.