Best double raquet

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Beneivol, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Beneivol

Beneivol New Member

Hi, I'm looking for a new double badminton raquet and i want to buy a yonex raquet. I only play double game. thank you very much and sorry, i don't speak english

2. visor

visor Regular Member

Beginner, intermediate, or advanced level?

3. Beneivol

Beneivol New Member

Advanced level

4. visor

visor Regular Member

Arc 10 for balanced, VT80 for head heavy, NS9900 for head light. ....... Also you should consider Victor: particularly MX70/80, SW35/37, or BS10.

5. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    I would strongly suggest to stay far away from VT80, SW35 etc. for doubles. These are headheavy slow rackets made for singles. ARC-10 and BS10 are also not very quick but works for top pros with very strong wrists for doubles for amateurs these should really NOT be considered doubles rackets.. NS9900 is light and stiff and av very potent doubles racket, but it it requires alot from the player..

If you are intermediate not superstrong wrist, you should really look more into rackets like Nanospeed 7000, Li-Ning N77 or Windstorm 650 type of rackets instead (much lighter and a little more flex). If you want very stiff the NS9900 is really a great racket, and from victor MX70 or MX80, LNs similar would be the BP300C or the BP770 (new model).

my 2c.
    /Twobeer

6. visor

visor Regular Member

^^^ He did say advanced level. :). So I'm assuming he can handle head heavy or extra stiff.

7. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    hmm.. He also mentioned doubles racket ;-).. Very few doubleplayers in their right mind would even consider a VT80 or SW35 for doubles. I know Mathias Boe made a (not so bright :) ) decision to switch to VT80 and after that (with the notable exception of the England SS) they have been loosing their WR #1 ranking and showing quite poor results :), but apart from that it is hard to find any tour players opting for these kind of specs for doubles..Also keep in mind he was using a singles racket before he switched (He used AT700 before). Do you know of any SW35-users double-players on high-level??

8. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

Errm at least half of the Korean MD's use(d) SW35 for doubles and some of the ladies, Boe switched from AT900P, Shoji Sato switched to VT80 from NS8000(!), Chris Adcock uses VT80, Michael Fuchs uses VT80 (and both their MD partners). Loads of doubles players used AT900P and use VT80 ... (Reiko Shiota [​IMG])(see list in the you know what thread). But in general the ones you mentioned would be a more logical choice for sure

#8 demolidor, Oct 9, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  9. TiKok

TiKok Guest

For my point of view my question would be then: is he a Cai or a Fu ?
    That would help in more or less rigid, in more or less head weight directions.

10. a|extan

a|extan Regular Member

Hola
    Para los jugadores avanzados dobles, voy a recomendar Nanospeed 9900.
    No hay un mejor raqueta de doble, porque la selección de las raquetas es muy personal.
    Depende mucho de lo que es su preferencia.
    ejemplo
    Raqueta de cabeza pesada? incluso el equilibrio? la luz en la cabeza?
    Raqueta rígida flex? medio flex?
    Saludos

(lo siento por mi pobre español, estoy usando traductor Google)

11. drop8shot

drop8shot Regular Member

that's very interesting, what about the Voltric 70, would you consider this a good racket for a intermediate doubles player?

12. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    It is an OK doubles racket, pretty easy to play with and not to head-heavy.. But at the pricepoint it is probably the worst racket I can think of. The fatframe-tungsten concept should make it a cheaper line of racket imop. I have never seen a valid point to make the frame fatter if you can make it slimmer and still roubust enough (fat bumps = cheaper, but of course slower due to airresistande etc.), apart from saving cost on using better stronger and more expensive graphite materials/composite/wowen etc.

I think the VT70 is a rip-off. It doesn't have the great nanopreme shaft mterial like the VT80 but have the same poor design with fattening the frame instead of using more expensive materials.

I don't mind paying premium for a racket, but if they cut cost on its construction/design i expect it to sell for less...

If I had to use Yonex I would take a NS9900 or ARC-8DX any day in the week over VT70 in doubles.

My 2 c.
    /T

#12 twobeer, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  13. alanwong76

alanwong76 Regular Member

Interior Deco
    i also only plays double... previously i am using nanospeed 5000, then i bought fleet F-99, after few games.. feel that F-99 does make some nice smash but less control.. so i switch back to NS5000, last month i bought arc-10 for a try.. it gave me improvement of all in the game.. but for the first few times.. can't use to it due to the arc-10 is a heavy racket.. after a month.. for the last game, i switch back my NS5000 for a try... with a result... NS5000 is like a new racket to me.. can't handle it at all, specially smashing.....no power at all... >.< guess i like the feeling of the arc-10.

but then..i haven't try out the Ti-10 3rd gen... is it also good for doubles ? how is it compare to arc-10 ? anyone got experience on Ti-10 and Arc-10 ?

14. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    When I hear this my first though is really that what you are desccribing is more timing problems when switching before differently weighted and balanced racket, than actual suitablnesess issues for doubles.. Switchin between headlight, balanced and headheavy takes some adjustment time for the vast majority of shots, even for top level pros.

#14 twobeer, Oct 11, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
  15. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I personally still think the original Ti10 and the MP100 are the best doubles racquets. They are different in balance, Ti10 head-heavy and MP100 even-balance but the balance is down to personal preference.

Never believe that headheavy is only for singles and headlight for doubles. This is just a guide based on the assumption that doubles is a faster game and so headlight allows you to manoeuvre the racquet quicker. It's all down to personal preference and how you play.

I'm still waiting for my Arcsaber 8DX to arrive which I'm hoping will be a combination of the two racquets above. If thats the case it will be the best doubles racquet - for me at least. :)

16. sFrog

sFrog Regular Member

MP100 was a great smashing toy, I used it quite often in the past... because it is head heavy, stiff and feels solid. But it is not suitable for advance level regarding to doubles.

In advance double it is all about speed, control, deception... power should be there via technique. None of your opponents will lift the shuttle voluntarily, hence you have to work for a lift.

Sacrifice power for placement, "speed-control" and then finish up the rally with some deceptive shot or with one well placed, smash with steep angle. If you just smash without placement, the birdie will come back on advance level... except you manage to hit very hard. :p

Currently I'm using ARC10 for singles, doubles and mixed. It took me some time to train my wrist regarding to the speed and control in double and I can not imagine being fast enough with Vt80 in doubles or mixed.

MX80/Arc10 or one stiff Nanospeed like the 9900 would be my choice.

17. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

MX80/SW35/NS9900:):):):):)

People make out that the SW35 is incredibly heavy, it's not...

18. drop8shot

drop8shot Regular Member

I see, but for me the problem with these two rackets are that they are too stiff, I don't have the arm power to handle these, I need something more flexible, so in your opinions what would be the best doubles racket that is flexible or atleast less stiff than the NS9900/ARC-8DX.
    thanks

19. nlambino

nlambino Regular Member

IT
    I would recommend NS 9000 Type S or Arc 7...both not very stiff, light,fast, easy to maneuver and would not tire your arm...both are good in very good in defense, net play, shuttle placement, smashes are very good and satisfying, and I personally do not find it hard to generate strong, booming smashes using both rackets.

Although i prefer using mainly the NS 9000 Type S, probably because its colour really shouts out :)

hope this helps

20. nlambino

nlambino Regular Member

IT
    I would recommend NS 9000 Type S or Arc 7...both not very stiff, light,fast, easy to maneuver and would not tire your arm after hours of playing...both are very good in defense, net play, shuttle placement, smashes are very good and satisfying, and I personally do not find it hard to generate strong, booming smashes using both rackets.

Although i prefer using mainly the NS 9000 Type S, probably because its colour really shouts out :)

hope this helps

PS sorry for the double post...internet connection problem

#20 nlambino, Oct 11, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2011